HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

carl1967

Carl

Perhaps they are arranging a board meeting to offer you a job making model's of the entire fleet biggrin.gif

Anyway if you ever do hear anything please post it!

cheers

Keith

i wish....lol

i will do if i here out!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

not done much on heb since last post of pictures!!

Here is what’s been done.

Port and starboard gantry cranes.

Starboard life raft rack.

Today i made a start on the Davits for the lifeboats

Thanks

Carl

post-6809-127177361268_thumb.jpg

post-6809-127177363291_thumb.jpg

post-6809-127177365366_thumb.jpg

post-6809-127177367473_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12717736953_thumb.jpg

Hi Carl,

Your work and attention to detail on this project never cease to amaze me. Those new photos show just how good it is looking already keep up the good work and the updates coming.

Thanks,

Mark

thanks mark.

• RMweb Gold

Simply stunning - it would have been an achievement if it had been 'just' a well put together kit, but the fact that it is scratchbuilt...as I said, stunning.

Very impressed by the lifebelts - I know from experience how hard it is to get such a perfect circle from plasticard.

thanks all.

ragtag it is hard, and there only 10mm widesmile.gif

Carl,

Simply outstanding modelling - you've caught the character of the 'West Coast Pirates' perfectly no matter which angle or how close you care to illustrate it from - really well done. Calmac always remind me of 1970's BR.

NB My solicitor has asked me to point out that the 'West Coast Pirates' reference is merely that of a business colleague. :rolleyes:

Bruce

Carl,

Simply outstanding modelling - you've caught the character of the 'West Coast Pirates' perfectly no matter which angle or how close you care to illustrate it from - really well done. Calmac always remind me of 1970's BR.

NB My solicitor has asked me to point out that the 'West Coast Pirates' reference is merely that of a business colleague. rolleyes.gif

Bruce

lol

thanks Bruce

Hi Carl

WOW

Absolutely stunning, just wish Glenuig was big enough to take one of these ships.

After seeing the latest photos yesterday, they prompted me to book myself on my next hebridean adventure. Off on Friday the 14/05/2010 bound for Skye via Mallaig, then off to north Uist, and finally returning via South Uist and Oban, I shall be taking the camera.

Funny this, I used to chase 27s,26s, and 37,s round Scotland, but it seams that I am now “bashing†ferry’s.

Not that it was planed or anything you must understand, the missus thought it was a nice weekend away, but my last trip was on 19/02/2010, when I did the 700 mile round trip and bumped into this one.

Gary

The Jupiter approaches Gourock

post-7480-127287313267.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Carl

WOW

Absolutely stunning, just wish Glenuig was big enough to take one of these ships.

After seeing the latest photos yesterday, they prompted me to book myself on my next hebridean adventure. Off on Friday the 14/05/2010 bound for Skye via Mallaig, then off to north Uist, and finally returning via South Uist and Oban, I shall be taking the camera.

Funny this, I used to chase 27s,26s, and 37,s round Scotland, but it seams that I am now “bashing†ferry’s.

Not that it was planed or anything you must understand, the missus thought it was a nice weekend away, but my last trip was on 19/02/2010, when I did the 700 mile round trip and bumped into this one.

Gary

The Jupiter approaches Gourock

post-7480-127287313267.jpg

Thanks m8

Will look forward to seeing the pictures biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

i am in shockohmy.gif i have been offered 2k to sell this modelblink.gif

thanks

Carl

And so you should be. With the amount of work you've put in to this and the high quality of construction I'd hold out until you are offered a reasonable price!

It's been one of the highlights of RMweb to keep an eye on this thread and see the ferry develop - really excellent stuff!