December 2009 - Issue 30

ian

• RMweb Gold

A word of warning - due to a problem at the printers the December issue of Hornby Magazine will be late. Some retailers and most subscribers should have it on Saturday November 14, but many retailers may not get it until Tuesday November 17.

So no "Where's my mag" posts, please!:rolleyes:

Mike Wild's just emailed me a little more explanation:

Hornby Magazine ??“ December issue late on sale

Due to a mechanical breakdown at the printers, we have been advised that copies of the December issue of Hornby Magazine, due on sale November 13, will be delivered late to the news trade. It is hoped that in some areas the magazine will be with retailers by Saturday November 14, but regrettably in some areas, most likely those outside of the Greater London conurbation, it may not be on sale until Tuesday November 17.

Ian Allan Publishing apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause, but this is beyond the control of both publisher and editor.

Likewise, subscriber copies will be delivered late and we have agreed to send these first class to speed up delivery. However they will not be mailed until the magazine is completed on the morning of Friday November 13. Hopefully, subject to Royal Mail, copies should be with UK residents on Saturday , but inevitably this will run to Monday in some cases.

Damn. That's typical. The December 2009 issue is the first ever issue of Hornby magazine that I've

been keen to get a copy of. And the reason why?.......it will be the first time I have ever had an

article published in it. Look out for it.

G.

...... the first ever issue of Hornby magazine that I've been keen to get a copy of. And the reason why?.......it will be the first time I have ever had an

article published in it.

Some things are worth waiting for, or so my mum always told me..... we now have great expectations Grahame.

Penlan

• RMweb Gold

Dennis the Menace, Bash St Kids, Desperate Dan :icon_question: :)

Spot on Pennine - in my youth an annual gave you a bit of what you got regularly in the weekly comic plus some special thingg that came with it being an annual and therefore having a bit more space to go into a longer story or more pictures. In other words it was lioke the regular issue of whatever but then some, and that's just what this year's Hornby annual does.

But would the ace photographer really like to be called Dennis The Menace I wonder :) ?

Well Grahame

You can be proud about your article I have just read it and it is a good one I know from writing my own articles that it is hard to describe what we do as a matter of course when we are modelling but you have done a first class job there and as usual Mr Nevards photography makes the whole layout come to life.

Well done Grahame :icon_thumbsup2::icon_clap::icon_clap:

Pete

Well Grahame

You can be proud about your article I have just read it and it is a good one I know from writing my own articles that it is hard to describe what we do as a matter of course when we are modelling but you have done a first class job there and as usual Mr Nevards photography makes the whole layout come to life.

Cheers for the kind comments.

I'd already scuttled out early this morning to the local village post office/newsagents and purchased a copy of the mag - so it's arrived and is out there. Chris's superb photography does indeed make the layout look better than it really is and helps support the premise that modern N gauge has come of age and is now a worthy alternative to OO these days. The full page size pics certainly pin down the detail (hopefully I get away with it <_<) and the article layout design is spot on.

Anyway that's just about the complete set for me this year - articles in RM, MR, BRM, REX, and now HM :).

G.

A very good issue indeed. Seen Stoney Lane before of course, but there's always something different with a new set of photos, especially by Mr Nevard - and the text aint bad either.

The rest of the mag is up to the same standard and especially welcome is the supplement collecting togather all Ian Morton's articles on basic electrics for beginners - very timely with a new layout about to be built by someone whose knowledge of electrics isn't much improved from that of his Neanderthal ancestors....

• RMweb Premium

Definitely reached the south coast news trade today (Saturday) as it had literally just come in when I was at Bognor Regis at seven this morning so the newsagents on the station there is already one copy down!

Looked like some good stuff from the brief flick I managed to afford it whilst passing home later, especially Stoney Lane! Will be relaxing on the sofa and studying it accompnied by a large mug of tea this afternoon, not much on the telly after all...

• RMweb Premium

Ours turned up early this week - great issue indeed.

Nice articles from our fellow RM Webbers there, I've got to say. Liked Graham's contribution, and Ian's electrics supplement, but the quality of the overhead catenery on Mike Lynch's Paternoster Row made me really stop and take notice.

Lancaster Smiffs didn't have the annual - but I may have looked in the wrong place, as they sometimes put them on the other side of the shop near things line 101 ways to have your hair done, and wedding books... For some reason, I tend not to look there for railway related stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived