Wyre Forest (Kidderminster

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I have just received notification that due to an administrative error by the Glades centre the 2010 show has been cancelled.

Mike

Mike.Has the centre been double booked or something ? It will be a real shame as thats one of my favourite must go shows. :(

• RMweb Premium

Mike.Has the centre been double booked or something ? It will be a real shame as thats one of my favourite must go shows. :(

I too have received the same letter.

Admin error by The Glades Centre and an alternative event booked.

WFMRC have tried to find an alternate venue to no avail. They also looked at other dates.

Shame, as we were really looking forward to exhibiting there.

Cheers,

Mick

Thats shocking, WFMRC have been there since the early 90s, I was a member of WFMRC during the 90s and I know they'll all be devastated by this, I'm not sure what its like now but when I was member the club relied on the exhibition (as I'm sure quite a few clubs do) for keeping afloat for the year.

Thats shocking, WFMRC have been there since the early 90s, I was a member of WFMRC during the 90s and I know they'll all be devastated by this, I'm not sure what its like now but when I was member the club relied on the exhibition (as I'm sure quite a few clubs do) for keeping afloat for the year.

This has been our most local show for a number of years and we were extremely disappointed to hear of what appears to be an unreasonable stance by the Glades. I also hope the loss of funds doesn't impact too heavily on the sustainability of the club.

We now have the capacity to attend a couple of exhibitions in February and March so if anyone knows of exhibitions within 100 miles of Bromsgrove being put on during those months and who would like us to attend, please email me.

It does seem a shame, as its one of the exhibitions I made an effort to visit. I presume the show will return in 2011, If so a break of one year should not cause too much of a problem, I wonder what the clash or admin error was, I would have thought that the WFMRC should have had the bigger advantage in having been there for many years on a regular basis.

At Railex we were advised due to the stadium being a training ground for the Olympics we may not have been able to have a show in 2012, although in the event they decided they can accommodate us, which is great news, if we were not able to have a show that year we would have just skipped a year rather than look for another venue.

David

Sorry to hear about this guys, I know that sinking feeling all too well when the hall manager rings you to say "We have a bit of a problem" - When I was managing the Rochdale show the Town Hall pulled that stunt 3 weeks before the show, luckily I was able to find an alternate venue (our current one). The show will be sorely missed, hopefully all will be OK for 2011.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

I have just found this topic and thought that i would pass on the information from the club.

Unfortunately, we have as Mike and a few others have pointed out, had to cancel the show this year. This is due to the usual booking manager at the glades leaving, for many years we have provisionally booked the glades for that weekend and about November time we confirm it, the old manager set this up to help us. When we went to confim the booking we were told that the Chinese Circus had booked the arena for the 3 nights of that weekend. It is some of the clubs members opinions that the glades were offered more money from them, than they would have got from us. but we cant prove it, obviously and from what we have been told not the first time they have done it.

We spent 2 or 3 weeks trying to find somewhere else big enough, in the area to hold it, the only 2 places were already booked (1 ironicly holding a railway swapmeet). During these weeks we also looked at moving the show to another weekend, but to avoid clashing with another show it would of been moved to the end of July or August, which is the main family holiday time. Due to these reasons we had to make the desision to cancel the 2010 show.

However, now for the good news. The 2011 show is booked and confirmed, in writing, that we have a place to hold it.

We are moving from the glades to another home for us. Traders and exhibitors that were due to come to the 2010 show will be contacted as to your availability for 2011. If you can come we will try to fit you in around the layouts already booked in. If you are not free we will keep you in mind for 2012 or 2013.

WE WILL BE BACK BIGGER AND BETTER AFTER A LITTLE BREAK!! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

I will try to keep you up to date with exhibition goings on.

We hope to see you all next year and continue to support us it the way you have done.

cheers

Alistair

Archived