M G Sharp

torkardlane

But we do have numerous ones on here, how's this for keeping the customer happy? Nothing but praise over several years and he probably deals with a lot more RMweb members than MG Sharp do.

Andy, perhaps not the best example there. As I remember negative posts being deleted from one of these threads. This one is also a sponsor, so I would expect that the popularity to be high and never an ill word said.

Even if we go back through this thread there are others (few I'd agree) who have posted about good service, not just me.

Yes there are certainly favoured suppliers on RMWeb and there have been some that have had negative posts that have not been deleted, or locked that have just illustrated the odd complaint. But this thread just seems like we have got it in for MGSharp in a way that to me seems completely exaggerated, even if the individual complaints are justified.

Kenton

From my experience yesterday I have NO faith whatsoever that anything that they state is on back order is actually ordered!

I was not asked my name, my address, my number, and when asked what I had ordered all I said was 'a few US detailing parts' and was then told they were on back order. Does that mean they have no US detailing items, as he had no idea what I had ordered but simply said they're on back order.

When I questioned him on how he was going to cancel my order without knowing who I was or what I had ordered, I said I want you to cancel it now so that in 6 months time I'm not billed for anything that comes in, my reply 'Well they wont be here in 6 months', and I knew his tone meant they would not be ordered.

As mentioned above someone had something on back order from 2010, actually I ordered some A1 etches from sharps in Feb 2007, which when Ken replied to this thread last said I chase them up again. YET still I gave them another chance and have been seriously let down.

I also use The sidings Tamworth for US models too, I ordered something from them in October last year, Jason who owns the company works away and I didn't get any contact until December and got my items in January, yet when he got in touch with me, yes out of the blue he contacted me by phone, he was most apologetic and said that this was just a sideline and he had to work away quite a lot, now I've since gone back and ordered more, whether I get it next week or in 3 months time I know that I'm going to get good service! I will recommend them to anyone.

Dave

Andy, perhaps not the best example there. As I remember negative posts being deleted from one of these threads. This one is also a sponsor, so I would expect that the popularity to be high and never an ill word said.

Perhaps you would care to either enlighten us as to why you believe this to be the case? , once again there is no favourtism within this forum, good service is just that and the same is also true for bad service.

Look, I'm a touch uneasy about this "naming and shaming", especially as we don't have the other point of view. However, the best approach is never to trade with them again if you feel let down, have been given abuse etc.etc.This seems to be the reasonable approach that Dave is taking

A couple of years ago I ordered a railway CD from a certain supplier (not MGS). Said CD arrived faulty. I rang up supplier and was told to return the CD. I popped it in the post. No reply so emailed but as I didn't have proof of postage - my fault I suppose - I never got a CD. They wouldn't send me one until they had the faulty one. I would never do business with that organisation again.

However should I warn others or just stay quiet and not name them? Difficult, as my experience might have been a "one off" so possibly not fair to put it on the web. As someone mentioned above, it's so easy to give negative feedback that can ruin a firm that took a long time to build up.

Anyway, just my thoughts.....

Peter

• RMweb Premium

I was not referring to anything to do with the Class 31 - I was referring to the many threads that eventually get locked when they are set up complaining about the big suppliers. Also remember these are big companies with plenty of staff and profits to spend on customer service, web sites, legal, and publicity machines to defend themselves. MGSharp is probably just trying to make a crust to pay the rent, rates, and find the cash to tie up in loads of stock waiting for some modeller of the obscure to place an order.

kevinlms, on 25 February 2012 - 23:19 , said:

I don't see what Hornby have got to do with it.

I was not referring to anything to do with the Class 31 - I was referring to the many threads that eventually get locked when they are set up complaining about the big suppliers. Also remember these are big companies with plenty of staff and profits to spend on customer service, web sites, legal, and publicity machines to defend themselves. MGSharp is probably just trying to make a crust to pay the rent, rates, and find the cash to tie up in loads of stock waiting for some modeller of the obscure to place an order.

Excuse me, but YOU were the one who brought Hornby, Bachmann etc into the debate not me.

Put bluntly, if as reported by Dave the idea of customer service is to slam down the phone, then I would suggest it will only be a question of time before the business does fail. Simple as that.

You can and probably will continue to make excuses for him. If he cannot supply the stock he advertises, indeed from some comments he doesn't intend to 'get them in', how can he expect customers to be happy or satisfied?

Kevin Martin

I'm sorry; I take great exception to that. Posts debating the security merits of the BACS system were removed as being an irrelevant distraction. This was not a reflection of any quality of service provided; most of that debate was because you were, as often, taking a contrary perspective.

It is wholly irrelevant that Bromsgrove Models was and is a sponsor; there is no special treatment in that domain, especially with regard to censorship as you imply. Yes, I would expect popularity to be high; if there has ever been instances of dissatisfaction with any sponsor I have sought to assist the customer, if that hasn't been possible (as in two cases) their sponsorship was removed.

Your comment is therefore a poor reflection upon Broms Mods and me and I am extremely disappointed with those inferences. Be contrary all you like but let's be truthful please.

It's probably wise that #3 did lock this anyway.

Archived