• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

The London Transport parts in 4mm scale comprises of engineering rolling stock jumper cable sockets, diamond bogies and oval foldable type buffers.

Some more needed on the brake van and flat but now with the castings it has brought them a stage closer to being released,much to my relief and probably other as well as I'm coming a stage closer to getting the to do list cleared!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi james,

I havnt had the chance to do any pattern making due to not being to get to the work bench (hudson was drawn on the computor) but I've had a big sort out after the house move so hoping to get going soon, I would want to get photos of the real loco when restored to get it as accurate as possible as luckily the real loco is still with us.

But the major componants I can certainly crack on with soon.

No worries RT, just wondering if was anywhere near before xmas.

Probably be very wise business decision to wait until the real one is up & running again next septemeber (fingers crossed!) bet therl be alot of interest when it rolls out and steams again, I for 1 cant wait.

Thanks for the update.

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

just a quick update that the website has been updated finally with the new releases from the ExpoEM North and Scaleforum shows, all in 4mm scale.

Work is about to commence on the SR N Class footplate as some basic dimensions and designs have been drawn up (no really it is Horsetan, i did say by the end of 2012!), the Austerity Lambton cab and hopefully depending on the test etches, a new 4mm scale loco kit that only took a few hours to create!

Some 2mm, 4mm and 7mm stuff should be sent off at the end of the week for test etches also.

I'm having another mould made soon so some patterns for whitemetal castings will be thrown in for some new parts soon.

• Like 1

Hi all,

just a quick update that the website has been updated finally with the new releases from the ExpoEM North and Scaleforum shows, all in 4mm scale.

Work is about to commence on the SR N Class footplate as some basic dimensions and designs have been drawn up (no really it is Horsetan, i did say by the end of 2012!), the Austerity Lambton cab and hopefully depending on the test etches, a new 4mm scale loco kit that only took a few hours to create!

Some 2mm, 4mm and 7mm stuff should be sent off at the end of the week for test etches also.

I'm having another mould made soon so some patterns for whitemetal castings will be thrown in for some new parts soon.

Lambton cabs - AWESOME!!!!!

....Work is about to commence on the SR N Class footplate as some basic dimensions and designs have been drawn up (no really it is Horsetan, i did say by the end of 2012!),.....

I've prayed for this for a long time :sungum:

My Bachmann boiler and cab have been without a footplate for at least four years since the mazak original crumbled into a hundred fragments.

• RMweb Premium

Robert, great news about the N Class footplate. I'm assuming this wil be for the Ns as built wwith the Bachmann style triangular front frames below the smokebox. Golden opportunity to also do a rebuilt frames version. This had curved frame tops and the lower level of the footplate was slightly longer. Not much longer but enough to alter the proportion and appearance of the front end. Worth a thought?

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, I seem to have missed it, whats going on with the N class footplate?

1.1mm..? :)

What's going on? Only Robert knows but....on the Bachmann model there was a batch where the metal used for the footplate had a nasty habit of distorting and shattering. 31813 seems to be one affected.

On the real locos the main frames had weak points around the cylinders / leading axle. Those that worked on the steep and twisting North Cornwall Railway in particular suffered from frame cracking. There was then a programme of rebuilding started, first with complete new frames but later just the front section. No idea why but those that got the new frames were a little longer at the front end and had curved tops to the frames. Not all the class were converted and the modification was also done to some Us too. Also, other modifications included new cylinders, outside steam pipes and Std 4 chimney. Again not all got every mod.

Bachmann have only ever done the original version and an amendment to Robert's potential etch could cover the amended version and perhaps promote additional sales.

.......Bachmann have only ever done the original version and an amendment to Robert's potential etch could cover the amended version and perhaps promote additional sales.

Not only this, but it would make the use of the SEF etched chassis underneath a little easier, for near-instant finescale spec.

The idea could be taken further if Robert were to have a go at designing an additional footplate option to help turn the Bachmann "N" boiler and cab unit into a new-build "U" class which could also be combined with the SEF etched chassis for that class.

Then there are the "N1"s and "U1"s, which are yet another variation!

• RMweb Gold

At the moment whilst going over the dimensions and designing it around the Bachmann model.

The footplate will cater for both original, rebuilt front frames and N1, included will be 3 sets of smoke deflectors as the N had 2 different hand holes and various detailing bits as well as steps for both the loco and tender.

On the southern front still, LBSCR lamp irons have now been added to the website.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

At the moment whilst going over the dimensions and designing it around the Bachmann model.

The footplate will cater for both original, rebuilt front frames and N1, included will be 3 sets of smoke deflectors as the N had 2 different hand holes and various detailing bits as well as steps for both the loco and tender.

Cracking news chap....carry on!

Sounds promising. My Bachmann body and SEF chassis awaits......

Late EDIT: for the N1, Robert, you still need to provide a new cab front with two spectacle plates (shared with the new-build "U") as it was different to the "N" (which had four).

Edited by Horsetan

Hi RT

Any news on the 100hp Sentinel?

Have you ever thought about doing some etches for a Hunslet 50550 conversion? with full-depth frames/buffer beams for your Austerity Chassis...Just a thought

Another casting which may compliment your range could also be a water-treatment tube often fitted to the front of industrial saddle tank locomotives (see below for an example)

http://www.rocks-by-rail.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/AB-2350-Belvoir.jpg

Delighted to see someone producing Lambton cabs again!

Paul A.

Edited by 1whitemoor

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

I havnt done anything more to the basic design as I'm awaiting the patterns to come back to me.

I did go to measure a 50550 but I was a week too late as the coupling rods and chimney had been taken ahead of the loco to its new home.

I took measurements of the bufferbeams though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening Robert.

Received my J94 buffer beams and oil drums today.

Lovely etches and castings by all accounts.I'm looking forwards to finishing off my J94.

Good service and well packaged too. :)

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1