FTG Models - SPA wagon - Network Rail

Hugh Flynn

Yep looking forward to the Civil Engineers ones and the SEA's - they are on my shopping list along with the CO2's (and any future SPA variants)

Looking to the future, some suggestions - these share the same chassis (I think and will stand corrected!) 

A decent OAA

Sea Hare

Sea Urchin

Sea Horse

And maybe further to the future perhaps the following, they could be of limited appeal though

Cartic 4

LPG Tank

... perhaps just rambling now

Brian

Support all of those, but particularly the Cartic4 - it has only been available as a brass kit up to now, and when I contacted the gent, he really tried to put me off as I had no experience on brass construction. He was right - I gave up half way through making it. I believe there would be some serious commercial interest in this model. However, I recognise it would be down the road, due to some significant investment needed. Perhaps a decent Autic 2 in the meantime, in MAT and STVA liveries? - only the HO Electrotren car carrier comes close and I am unaware of any kits available.

The LPG tank would be useful - there use to be an inaccurate, but good enough bogie tank with British Oxygen livery, no longer available. It would go well with the CO2 and SPA wagons, as metal foundries also needed supplies of this, such as Cardiff Rod Mill and Sheerness Steel.

Anyway, file for the future!

Just ordered one of each of the wagons. Not sure if they're geographically correct for my purposes but happy to support a new company and the models look very good. I will be ordering the Dutch livery ones as well.

I too would like to suggest the PTA wagon as a future release, or a prototypical version of the KHA wagon that Lima used to make - the one with the ribbed canvas cover like in the link below:

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/K-Tops-codes/KIA-steel-carriers/i-dKK8mVK/0/L/KIA_33704666032-6_Newport_311006-L.jpg

HI

thanks for your support the orders are ticking along nicely,I am still waiting for the samples to go to magazines.

On the CO2 I have had a few fantastic photos sent to me.Also managed a suspension unit drawing and other measurements.

Also recieved great drawings for another wagon from a good friend.

Hugh

As someone with a little experience of the Chinese and our two contacts, the yousee twins!     I understand Hugh's frustration, so everyone PLEASE don't hassle him as it is out of his control, our contacts always say 'youseesoon' and youseeshortly' which apparently must have a different meaning in Chinese?

You will I am sure get them as soon as Hugh, gets them.    Charlie 

Hi Stephen

I have had an update today saying things should be confirmed next weekend.

And Charlie is right it is out of my control patients is required there is no worry they are coming.

On another note I have counted pre orders both plain Railfreight are 50% sold so dont leave to late if you want any?

Dave has recieved the sample wagons and should be with me by the end of the week.

Hugh

Archived