Kernow Adams O2

For those awaiting Isle of Wight versions W24 has landed awaiting off loading, looks like they gave the wrong boat on facebook... and it changed ship half way on it's journey.

K2101 DJ Models 0-4-4 Class O2 Steam Locomotive number 24 "Calbourne" in BR Black livery with early emblem £124.99 (currently on board "CMA CGM Alexander Von Humboldt" having been transhipped from "CMA CGM LA SCALA", awaiting unloading in Southampton).

Edited by Bluebell Model Railway
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For those awaiting Isle of Wight versions W24 has landed awaiting off loading, looks like they gave the wrong boat on facebook...

Never believe everything you read on t'interwebs ;)

What you see on the top facing front is the correctly-positioned handle.  The moulding to locate the dis on the iron is a rounded U-shape, rather more substantial and is on the reverse as seen here.

Well I'll be hanged! I live and learn but clearly not enough! Sorry about that. 

I came off as a harsh and sarcastic yesterday - there were outside issues that weren't helping my mood (primarily it's the anniversary of my fathers death and mum's extremely depressed - again)

Whilst accepting everyone has real lives off here I feel it was unfair to malign them in the manner done so. I have seen a copy of the bounced email report so AOL as your ISP or email provider may have been the better target to look at?

The reply eventually received was because of their persistence to resolve it rather than what was posted here. If it was something to which you wanted an immediate reply, phoning may have been better?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

They are a tremendous outfit, but why do they only employ such short folk? Can't they reach the counters? is that the problem??

Cornish Piskies........??!!!

• RMweb Gold

Whilst accepting everyone has real lives off here I feel it was unfair to malign them in the manner done so. I have seen a copy of the bounced email report so AOL as your ISP or email provider may have been the better target to look at?

The reply eventually received was because of their persistence to resolve it rather than what was posted here. If it was something to which you wanted an immediate reply, phoning may have been better?

I would like to see a copy of that bounced email report, as it may be related to the recent cyber-attack on Talk-Talk. There have been issues with the phone line as well, since that attack.

Theres certainly a touch of the Celtic wizzardy about Trerise the Grey, he somehow magically makes my shekels vanish from my wallet!

Absolutely right! I have just ordered one of the early crest mainland ones for myself. I had been holding off because of so many other things pre-ordered coming in, but I finally succumbed!! :D

Less than an hour after placing the online order, I received several emails saying the order had been received, picked and posted. Them Kernow piskies certainly earn their living.

• Like 2

toboldlygo said

There have been issues with the phone line as well, since that attack.

that probably explains some odd things on our phone as well.  Have not had emails bounce, but sometimes wonder if they have reached their destination, when no-one acknowledges them. 

• RMweb Premium

Gents

I wonder if l might pick your collective brains for a moment?

Ever looking to increase my loco stud, l was checking allocations of 02 s in the early 1950s, and noted that Exmouth had 4 and Yeovil had 1.  I ve never as yet seen photos of this class working between Exeter and Yeovil on the mainline and wondered if anyone knew of any such occasions where they might have sneaked on to this section of line?

Many thanks

Bob C

Oh dear

due to the lack of responce l can only assume these beasties did not venture east of Exmouth. Shame l wouldhave loved an excuse for a E/E version!

I would like to see a copy of that bounced email report, as it may be related to the recent cyber-attack on Talk-Talk. There have been issues with the phone line as well, since that attack.

I very much doubt if it has anything to do with the hack just pure bad luck. I have sent numerous emails to the same address and once in a while one "bounces back". 

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear

due to the lack of responce l can only assume these beasties did not venture east of Exmouth. Shame l wouldhave loved an excuse for a E/E version!

Allocations of mainland O2s for May 1949, April 1950 and May 1951 tabulated below if this helps as it certainly shows a few east of Exmouth highlighted in bold

30177 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30179 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30182 Plymouth, Friary Plymouth, Plymouth

30183 Plymouth, Friary Plymouth, Plymouth

30192 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN (Stored)

30193 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30197 Plymouth Friary, Dorchester, Dorchester

30199 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30200 Wadebridge, Wadebridge, Wadebridge

30203 Wadebridge, Wadebridge, Wadebridge

30204 Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Bournemouth

30207 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

30212 Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Bournemouth

30213 Eastleigh, Eastleigh, Eastleigh

30216 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

30221 Nine Elms, Nine Elms, Nine Elms

30223 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30224 Exmouth JN, Exmouth, JN Exmouth JN

30225 Eastleigh Eastleigh Eastleigh

30229 Dorchester, Dorchester, Eastleigh

30230 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN (Stored)

30231 Eastleigh, Eastleigh, Dorchester

30232 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30233 Dorchester, Eastleigh, Eastleigh

30236 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Allocations of mainland O2s for May 1949, April 1950 and May 1951 tabulated below if this helps as it certainly shows a few east of Exmouth highlighted in bold

30177 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30179 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30182 Plymouth, Friary Plymouth, Plymouth

30183 Plymouth, Friary Plymouth, Plymouth

30192 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN (Stored)

30193 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30197 Plymouth Friary, Dorchester, Dorchester

30199 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30200 Wadebridge, Wadebridge, Wadebridge

30203 Wadebridge, Wadebridge, Wadebridge

30204 Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Bournemouth

30207 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

30212 Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Bournemouth

30213 Eastleigh, Eastleigh, Eastleigh

30216 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

30221 Nine Elms, Nine Elms, Nine Elms

30223 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30224 Exmouth JN, Exmouth, JN Exmouth JN

30225 Eastleigh Eastleigh Eastleigh

30229 Dorchester, Dorchester, Eastleigh

30230 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN (Stored)

30231 Eastleigh, Eastleigh, Dorchester

30232 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30233 Dorchester, Eastleigh, Eastleigh

30236 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

Good morning Graham

Many thanks for the information above, l was trying to work out if an 02 could have been seen on the main line between Exeter and Yeovil, I am sure l saw reference somewhere to an 02 working on the Seaton branch in the early 1950s? 

Many thanks for you help

Bob C

• RMweb Gold

I very much doubt if it has anything to do with the hack just pure bad luck. I have sent numerous emails to the same address and once in a while one "bounces back". 

Having see the email report, it's a falling out between mail servers by the looks of it - my providers is blocking outlook based addresses as it thinks they are spam. It's happened before, I will have to use a secondary email address  :help:

30177 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30179 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30182 Plymouth, Friary Plymouth, Plymouth

30183 Plymouth, Friary Plymouth, Plymouth

30192 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN (Stored)

30193 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30197 Plymouth Friary, Dorchester, Dorchester

30199 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN

30200 Wadebridge, Wadebridge, Wadebridge

30203 Wadebridge, Wadebridge, Wadebridge30204 Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Bournemouth

30207 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth30212 Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Bournemouth

30213 Eastleigh, Eastleigh, Eastleigh

30216 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth30221 Nine Elms, Nine Elms, Nine Elms

30223 Dorchester, Dorchester, Dorchester

30224 Exmouth JN, Exmouth, JN Exmouth JN30225 Eastleigh Eastleigh Eastleigh

30229 Dorchester, Dorchester, Eastleigh

30230 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN (Stored)30231 Eastleigh, Eastleigh, Dorchester

30232 Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN, Exmouth JN30233 Dorchester, Eastleigh, Eastleigh

30236 Plymouth Friary, Plymouth, Plymouth

Well I did post earlier on this thread that 30182 was in fact a Yeovil town engine for a few years and posted several photos operating on the Yeovil town to Yeovil Junction push pull duty.

Prior to it being allocated Yeovil 30182 was an Eastleigh engine and posted a photo of it at Yeovil town shed still with it's Eastleigh shed code attached. The popular photos of this locomotive carrying out the RTCS special at Plymouth with the gate stock push pull set shows clearly it still has a Yeovil Town shed code fitted. So these locomotives did operate east of Exmouth and there are several photos of these locomotives in operation .

I also contacted Derek Phillips who was a driver at Yeovil Town shed during the 1950s and confirmed that 30182 was shedded there but was not the preferred choice on the shuttle service as the crews would prefer to use the 2 M7s instead so 30182 was reallocated in the mid 1950s to Plymouth as it was a redundant engine at Yeovil Town.

Edited by WindyHale76

• RMweb Premium

Hello again Graham

Many thanks for clarifying the above. I had read through the thread before submitting my question as l suspected the answer lay within. I did see your previous comments and photos, but as you say the O2 in question worked local Push Pull services around Yeovil area, so was not quite what l was looking for.

As l m am planning a layout based around Seaton Jct, l was hoping these locos would have been seen on the main line either as light engine moves or standing in for a failed M7s on local working to and from Exeter?

Bob C

Hello again Graham

Many thanks for clarifying the above. I had read through the thread before submitting my question as l suspected the answer lay within. I did see your previous comments and photos, but as you say the O2 in question worked local Push Pull services around Yeovil area, so was not quite what l was looking for.

As l m am planning a layout based around Seaton Jct, l was hoping these locos would have been seen on the main line either as light engine moves or standing in for a failed M7s on local working to and from Exeter?

Bob C

There are several photos in books by Derek Phillips showing O2 non push pull fitted variety operating in line which are connected to the main line to Exeter. They would would of operated on services such as the line to Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Seaton on rare occasions.

As for operating on the main line I believe you wil struggle to find an evidence of this as the local services were either pulled by an S15 or a Bulleid Pacific too.

The only occasion I can think of an O2 operating on the main line to Exeter is a the Yeovil service which did once a week run all the way to Milborne Port but I've been told no photos exist of this service but it is documented in Main line to the West Part 2.