DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Hi Stephen, really great pics of the 37's and the 47, I can almost hear them, ha ha, Deeping has certinly found a good home and now looking forward to more great pic's of a superb layout, All the best Andy.

Will we see Deeping on the circuit again?

I'm definatly open to invetations to show's. The next possible outing will be this years Boston Exhibition.

Hi Stephen, really great pics of the 37's and the 47, I can almost hear them, ha ha, Deeping has certinly found a good home and now looking forward to more great pic's of a superb layout, All the best Andy.

Thanks Andy. I'll definatly try to keep this thread up to date on all new developments at Deeping. I've got one or two ideas already.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just so you are all aware Deeping attended the Boston Model Railway Exhibition last weekend.

Unfortunatly I also had my other layout Bostcroft (see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62396-bostcroft/) at the show and therefore had to leave the operating to a fellow member of the Boston club.

Also to my annoyance I forgot my cameras on Saturday and Sunday went so quickley that I never had much time away from Bostcroft.

Currently Bostcroft is up in my room as running it for a few days has reignited my intrest in doing a few bits to it. However Deeping is going to go up next as it's been provisionally booked for the Kirton Model Show next February. It's a general model show though so not just railways. Once it's been confirmed I'll let you all know.

• Like 2

I was one of the Boston club members that ran the layout runs well with sound loco and is fun to watch the faces of the viewer when you have no sound on but start up a loco or two and it comes to life then the questions start so to pass on info is good for the hobby and also shows that you do not need a lot of space(to play trains)run your model railway.

Kev :good:

• Like 2

Hi there, im really happy that Deeping lane has had a successful show,and with sound locos too, a dimension i never had the chance to fulfill.

i really wished i could have made to see the layout from a viewing side for a change.

Really happy you have another show with it too Stephen thats great news and im happy you are still enjoying the layout.

Would love to see some pics if anyone has some from the boston show.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Overall today has been a very successfull day for myself and Deeping Lane. Dispite plans to put the layout up before this show unfortunatly work and other things meant this did not happen. Therefore nothing has changed on the layout since it appared at the Boston Show last September.

Dispite this the layout preformed flawlessly thoughout the day. I had to break out the track cleaner once or twice but that's to be expected for a layout which hasn't done anything for a while.

The following snaps were taken before the doors opened.

post-6845-0-04723800-1361742366_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-40339400-1361742383_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-52485600-1361742392_thumb.jpg

Some overall views of the layout. Including adverts for this years Boston Show (28th & 29th September at Stickney Village Hall :D )

Some of the rest are unfortunatly a little blurred in the background. Also after taking these pics I noticed how dusty the shed windows were so gave them a brush down. (I always have a paint brush handy at a show for this sort of thing.)

post-6845-0-02831000-1361742358_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-05291200-1361742429_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-05900100-1361742435_thumb.jpg

Class 31, 08 and 60 at rest. The 08 ran a little too poorly for my linking. A strip down and a good clean may be in order for that one.

post-6845-0-06064700-1361742409_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-40638300-1361742416_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-39081900-1361742422_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-49069300-1361742399_thumb.jpg

post-6845-0-04905500-1361742451_thumb.jpg

And finally hiding on the rail bridge was 47475 the Model Rail Transpennine Class 47. This has yet to get a decoder hence it's positioning on the bridge.

post-6845-0-78955500-1361742444_thumb.jpg

Next weekend my other layout Bostcroft (See http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62396-bostcroft/) will be appering at the Mansfield Exhibition. However after that Deeping is definatly going up as I want to do something with the fiddle yard. I found having only one track a little too restrictive.

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

Hi all

Been a long time since any updates on here but here is a special one for.

Deeping lane depot is featured in Augusts model rail.

I haven't seen the article yet as I let my subscription slip :( but sources say it looks pretty good.

I'm really pleased that it made a mag and looking back from my first mag feature layout pilot road to this one I can see how much I have changed and improved through time.

Can't wait to read it and I want to take the time to thank all the people who have commented and helped in the layout.

Thank you

Neil

• Like 3

Hi all

I haven't seen the article yet as I let my subscription slip :( but sources say it looks pretty good.

I'm really pleased that it made a mag and looking back from my first mag feature layout pilot road to this one I can see how much I have changed and improved through time.

Can't wait to read it and I want to take the time to thank all the people who have commented and helped in the layout.

Thank you

Neil

Hi Neil, that's great News I will get a copy and enjoy the read, Deeping was such a cracking Layout.

I am lead to believe that MY Loch Leven is in next Month

Like you my subs has lapsed so I am waiting as well.

My Diesel weathering article is in this Months RM.

All the best

Andy

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Hi Stephen, I was at Mansfield with Glen Roy, upstairs opposite Ian.

Deeping Lane is still an inspiration to me, I just love that simple track plan, I kept telling Neil I wanted to copy it, hahhahah

Andy

• Like 1

Rest assured Deeping Lane hasn't been forgotton or anything like that.

In fact it's set up in my room right now. I've been slowly building a Knightwing fueling point kit for it. Unfortunatly other distractions have gotten in the way somewhat so progress has been slow.

The layout is booked to make a repeat appearence at the Boston MRS show this September so I'll have to get my finger out and post some pics won't I ;)

• Like 2

Hi all

Thank you

Neil

Excellent news Neil, will make sure I pick up a copy for a read.

Atb