DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Hi Neil,

Just been catching up on your thread, I like the overall shot of the layout, and 693 looks pretty good I left mine ex works as it would have been in my time period though I have been tempted to dirty it up.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter thanks for the comment I think 693 definatly needs a little dirt on it, the pics I have found of it were not that grubby so just a light weather would be great.

Cheers Cav I thought u would like it especially the method I've used, I actually wanted to get it ready for July just front ends to do think I might go back over 709 to and take more dirt off. On the bad side I can't seem to diagnose 47145s issues yet not looking good at the moment.

Cheers n thanks for the comments

after what i felt was a better finish on 37693 i thought i would attack the others too, 709 and 800.

using the same technique but i gave 800 a rub with the fibre pen to fade the yellow on the sector markings and make the grey strip look a little worn, just needs some arrows and name plate now

post-6696-0-24006700-1331586390.jpg

post-6696-0-24440500-1331586389.jpg

post-6696-0-35772100-1331586388.jpg

post-6696-0-26681800-1331586385.jpg

post-6696-0-05434400-1331586384.jpg

post-6696-0-00468700-1331586382.jpg

what do you think??

Cheers

post-6696-0-09269300-1331586383.jpg

• Like 6

truly brilliant ,Neil will you put up a step by step on how you weather your locos ,also where do you buy your carrs powders from as i have run out of mine(given to me 7 years ago) looks brilliant :O

Oh my giddy aunt....

They look truely amazing. They been working their (socks) turbo's off....

Jack.

Cheers jack they have been hard at work but look much better than they did thanks for the comment

truly brilliant ,Neil will you put up a step by step on how you weather your locos ,also where do you buy your carrs powders from as i have run out of mine(given to me 7 years ago) looks brilliant :O

Hi James and thanks for the kind comments, I will try and do a step by step if I can but to be honest I'm still experimenting with it and all iv done is build up the powders adding different colours n trying to work to a picture, but I'll see what I can come up with.

As for the carrs powders I picked mine up from stall at the Mansfield show but I am sure c&l stock them.

Cheers

You have a nice looking layout, lots of detail !! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards

Scott

Hi Scott and thank for taking the time to read my thread thank you for the kind comment and it's my pleasure to share it thank you.

Much much better mate. Well done!!

Cav

Cheers Cav, slot of it is from your wise words n I eventually get there in the end hope to catch these 3 through outon one day glad you like them mate

Cheers

Cracking 37 pic's, I will need to run mine down to Deeping for a dirty up. By the way I found Deeping Clay whilst trawling through the old pages and brought it back to the top last night, did you sell it?

Your welcome to deeping anytime mate I'm more than happy to dirty some bits.

That's going back some, deeping clay was before Charlie st which must be 2 years old now if it's still alive.

Deeping clay got broken up if I remember rightly, it had to go due space and it was sat in the garage for months, the plan n concept was pretty good n the buildings I made looked cool, I just couldn't get motivated on it.

Can you do some night-time pics please? This is a really inspiring layout.

Not a problem, I will get the camera out tomorrow and see what I can do for you, I may even have some already which I will hunt out for you.

Cheers Andy I'll get the scenic section out tomorrow n get some 37s fired up, I haven't taken any shots of 693 on there yet, so perfect opportunity to snap a few.

Looking forward to seeing that, I have a busy day tomorrow but I will get some more shots on Loch Leven and Glen Roy before they make way for THE NEW BARE BASE BOARDS for the next adventure, sorry that shoud read ADVENTURES.

Edited by Andrew P

Ooh a new adventure, is it O gauge, looking forward to seeing what you have come up with, it reminds me actually I need to get some pics n a thread put together for my new adventure too