Dapol 'Western'

Andy Y

In many cases warranties are not transferable (for example Bachmann have operated this for some time to support a dealer network). This is distinct from the relationship under the Sale of Goods Act between buyer and seller.

• Like 1

In many cases warranties are not transferable (for example Bachmann have operated this for some time to support a dealer network). This is distinct from the relationship under the Sale of Goods Act between buyer and seller.

And as far as anyone buying this Enterprise off Ebay, then the buyer has absolutely no relationship with Steam whatsoever. That's why I don't buy new locos from anyone on eBay, and only from an authorised dealer. That way the SoGA can be honoured.

Guest dilbert

Will be interesting if it goes wrong, as all numbers from the certificate have been logged, and as such the original owner will have to return it for repair/exchange with receipt (or Steams authorisation).

You must be joking ... warranty applies to the product within the T&Cs that cover the item(s) in question and not the owner of the product... dilbert

You must be joking ... warranty applies to the product within the T&Cs that cover the item(s) in question and not the owner of the product... dilbert

Original receipt / proof of purchase is required.

Doubt an e-bayer will ave that, besides we will know who #37 originally belongs too.

• Like 1

Well had mine fixed by dcc supplies an couldn't ask for better service! They had it 2 days an emailed me daily updates on the problem an repair! Really great service!

Regards Neil

• Like 1

Guest dilbert

Original receipt / proof of purchase is required.

Doubt an e-bayer will ave that, besides we will know who #37 originally belongs too.

There is a subtle and important difference between 'the original owner will have to return it' & 'Original receipt / proof of purchase is required' ... I don't agree either with the instant profit brigade on ebay that exists... dilbert

Edited by dilbert
  • Like 1

Evenin' all,

Please note the recently announced cut off date for interest in these wheel conversion packs on the Ultrascale site and the likelihood that these will be a 'one off'.

There is reason to be optimistic for a conversion pack in each gauge.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 1

I used a thin coat of Klear behind the name and numberplates on the review sample Mike. Use a photo to check exact height alignment but it seems the dotted line equates to a centre line, which of course you can't see when fine-tuning the position.

• Like 1

Handsome stuff T-G!

Mike - this might help regarding the numberplate alignment.... as Andy says the dotted line on the model is the centre line, but the top edge of the plate should just about line up with the bottom of the cab door handle recess. The numberplate being shallower in depth (on your green example) needs to be lined up using Dapol's dotted line I'm afraid, but the centre line is the same as that of the numberplate.

post-7638-0-14234300-1362229790_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

What does? The box? (i assume thats what you mean as you cant really see the model. Cheers Jim

What you can see is the model behind the plastic cover. We've all seen the photo's I'm looking forward to receiving mine and unwrapping it and finally getting my hands on one after all these months. Trust that's OK with Jim?

• Like 1

took home a green 1038 today thinking and being very proud only to find disaster strike within 2 minutes in that all lights have siezed working and a burning acrid smell coming from her.i have also found one bogie does not seem to swing freely as with the other one.She was tested before purchase i must add and still runs but without lights.Anyone else suffered this.

richard.

Edited by D1030western musketeer

although i have contacted the model shop and are happy to replace whats the chance that this is a common fault that has slipped through chinas qc department as seems that others are reporting this fault.

i will add i run it and did not seem  to want to speed up then flickered and burst into speed but all lights then failed and smoke came pouring out.Is this going to be a common error.i stress i have had no new build staight from the box loco ether do this and my Dapol 22s still run fine.Pardon the pun but we seem to have a excellant detail western at last but with quality issues.

richard.

Edited by D1030western musketeer
  • Like 1

Hi Richard,

Way too early to start saying its' got quality issues.

Chine expect 4% failure rate on all models and that's about normal in this Industry.

That equates so far as numbers are concerned as 26 models, and we are nowhere near that figure. Add to this that only 1 loco has yet been written off due to g-shock causing the cab end to crack, we are still batting high figures here.

This will of course annoy lots of people who get models that don't behave as they should, but we are on the case and can only apologise. However, spares are here with more inbound from China, and we have spare chassis for 'W' warranty replacements in place with DCC supplies, just in case.

You will note from previous posters that their models have been returned to them within 48 hours fully working as well.

With this in mind I think it's a little too early to say that "the sky is falling in" on this model with regards to below average QC faults and unheard of low write off figures.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 12

Guest jim s-w

Hi Dave

Is 26 the total fail rate including QC in china or the number that have made it as far as the customer?

Cheers

Jim

edit - why do i have to edit most of my posts on iPad to get the layout WSIWYG?

Edited by jim s-w

Guest jim s-w

No need to assume Dave

The OFT guideline is very clear - "Any refund, repair or replacement you arrange with your customer relating to faulty goods must not cause them too much inconvenience and you will have to pay for other costs, for example, collection or delivery.'

Cheers

Jim

Edited by jim s-w
  • Like 1