Industrial loco drawings

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, sir douglas said:

sorry to drag up an old thread but i'm now looking for a drawing of this to model and found this thread while searching

Yes I do, the drawings [7mm scale] by Don Townsley were in Leeds MRS exhibition programme back when their show was in the Corn Exchange. The loco was incredibly ugly, like a Dalek with its tramway skirts for Great Yarmouth docks. 

I can scan the drawings when I refind them. I had them last week. Also photos.

How would you feel about making two of them, or at least an extra body as I'd like one too?! 

There are a lot of louvres on the grille doors. The body is not the same as the larger Hunslet 05 minus one grille door.

Dava

• Like 1

ive seen photos of them online, even though they arent the same as the 05, the family resemblance doesnt stop me from using them as guidance. and a few months ago i have come into possession of a works photo of what i believe is one of these 3. theres no rush for the drawing as i dont think i'll get started before this weekend anyway. making a second isnt out of the question but it'll depend on how mine goes together

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

Bit of a long shot, but I'm trying to track down drawings (or even just the key dimensions) of the post-war Fowler Diesels, as per Snowdown on the East Kent Railway. The one at the Middleton Railway is a larger type, I think, I'd like to try and get the smaller one if possible. Went to the EKR today, but the Fowler was out of range of my tape measure!

If anyone's got info on these, it would be much appreciated.

image.png.b9754066872ffaacdd1c35d5eb7d6fa5.png

• Like 1