Your Waverley Route Models

Guest Max Stafford

• 1 month later...

Now that's what I'm talking about......

Lovely loco (albeit a piece of junk), lovely variation in the rolling stock and superb scenery..

Just don't send it out hauling a twin jib tracklayer. Turn your back for two minutes and you'll find the Up line getting lifted.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another waverley route regular, although not in the livery that i usually model but i couldnt resist a wee change and challenge with the new Hornby Railroad Gresley A1.

LNER A10 E68 Sir Visto

(i am still awaiting nameplates)

post-10572-0-51207900-1333217786_thumb.jpg

Edited by kingfisher24
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just don't send it out hauling a twin jib tracklayer. Turn your back for two minutes and you'll find the Up line getting lifted.....

I have another but it has failed!!

I have one of the original defective Heljan chassis, which I intend to turn into a dummy un-powered chassis and fit to a new Clayton body if I can get hold of one. I understand that they one had a load in the sidings at Ardrossan but they were all cut up Ha Ha. I will have to try Howes models instead!

• RMweb Premium

Not all.

This one escaped.

Bernard

post-149-0-19926400-1334090277_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately it has a different type of coupler to mine and I don't think I would be able to get it through the loft hatch! Also, it needs weathering Ha Ha

Unfortunately it has a different type of coupler to mine and I don't think I would be able to get it through the loft hatch! Also, it needs weathering Ha Ha

But true to the prototype it had a bit of an explosion in the engine on it's first run after a major repair. Currently base at Chinnor for those who might not be aware.

It's the only Clayton that I have ridden behind.

Bernard

Guest Max Stafford

Wonder if they'd lend us it in the future. It would be nice to hear the sound of those engines echoing across the gap at Laidlehope again! :-)

Dave.

• Like 3

i posted this before but managed to put it up on the layout notions page when it was ment for here........anyway.......

here is another waverley route loco seen on this thread already but, in differant livery.

ex LNER A10 E68 Sir Visto in the later style apple green with yellow lettering, this loco was made from one of the new Hornby Gresley A1 loco's and has turned out quite well with a new chimney, a repaint and extra detailing and a light weathering. now all i need to do is make up a train to go behind it as all my stock apart from this loco is early/late BR era. this loco was the last A10 and was rebuilt in late 1948/49 if i remember correctly and with some modellers licence could run with some blood and custard stock at a push.

i do not usually model locos in apple green but, it was a nice change to make something differant, when lining out the loco i stopped shirt of lining out the chassis/freames below the running plate as it would drive me mad (some say i am already) and as the loco is weathered anyway, it would be a waste of time as the red liining would be covered again.

i think a nice long fitted freight will be going behind this loco for Newcastleton (thats if i can manage to sneak it in as the layout is set in the late 50's-early 60's). i can but try and it will hopefully provide a nice splash of colour on the layout.

post-10572-0-56319000-1334341614_thumb.jpg

post-10572-0-36805400-1334341667_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

post-11545-0-22977600-1334520296_thumb.jpg

An A1 pacific passes sheep grazing on the moors between Whitrope and Slitrigg whilst hauling the Edinburgh portion of a Plymouth - Edinburgh/Glasgow train, the train having been divided at Carlisle.

Edited by coronach
  • Like 7

what a pleasant scene to look at i like the subtle colours of your scenics. the st margarets grey livery looks well done too :good: mkaes me want to get me finger out and start the layout that i have been planning for ............years.

• RMweb Premium

what a pleasant scene to look at i like the subtle colours of your scenics. the st margarets grey livery looks well done too :good: mkaes me want to get me finger out and start the layout that i have been planning for ............years.

Thanks, if you want to see some more, here is a link to the layout page http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34460-whinburgh-and-slitrigg/page__fromsearch__1

• RMweb Gold

Wonder if they'd lend us it in the future. It would be nice to hear the sound of those engines echoing across the gap at Laidlehope again! :-)

Dave.

Give us something to fail........

I would dearly love to see it on site in all seriousness, pity two didn't survive thought and a rake of 50 odd vans for us!

Mac.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest N gauge addition to the fleet

Farish don't do a split box peak, so took a bit of fettling and some Etched Pixel etches.

Not quite finished, still need to figure out something to represent the jumper cables below the split boxes.

peak050512001.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

post-4469-0-21459600-1338062264_thumb.jpg

After a few evenings at my workbench, here is the outcome, a couple of Carflats complete with Anglia loads, forming part of a Northbound freight.

Please don't look too closely, they are as representative as I could get form photos I had to hand!

Roy

• Like 2