Your Waverley Route Models

Guest Max Stafford

PS BTW I got a reply from Hans @ N-Stars regarding a turntable, so thanks on that front.

Visited Southampton MRS show today and got talking to guys from an outfit called Model Rail UK. They are selling an N gauge Peco turntable with motor, gearbox and track indexing for only a little more than

the N stars bits and pieces cost me. You can check out the turntable at

http://www.modelrail...turntables.html

It runs at about twice the speed of mine (which is still pretty damned slow) and was very smooth.

I'd check their offering out before committing to the N Stars conversion.

PS. The website gives the impression this is OO gauge only, it's not I saw the N gauge operating today.

Edited by DaveArkley

A lovely looking model, delightfully dirty.

I have a couple of de-named and renumbered "Green Arrows" and althought one is lightly weathered I am too chicken to really "go for it"!

Ditto my "Strang Steel" really should NOT be that clean..

Regards

Roy

Thanks Roy,

I'm about to convert an Oliver Bury to a Strang Steel and a Great Central to a Holyrood, each with a bit of grime to boot!

I use acrylics so if it goes wrong I can wash it clean :)

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Claiming this thread back briefly for the 4mm boys are Haymarket's 60535 and St Margarets 61347!

Both have since had little touches to add some more life, but they don't look too bad here!

Dave.

post-6676-0-24661700-1328315405.jpg

post-6676-0-61340800-1328315418.jpg

• Like 12

Claiming this thread back briefly for the 4mm boys are Haymarket's 60535 and St Margarets 61347!

Both have since had little touches to add some more life, but they don't look too bad here!

Dave.

very nice models i 61347 is one of the B1's that appears on the waverley route video/dvd by ron white if i remember correctly.

25688.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Max Stafford

Lovely photo, Kingfisher! An early appearance of a blue and grey coach in the background too on a 3-hour express from the looks and I wonder what was on the front-end. There's much more to that photo than just our B1 - it's a 1966 time capsule!

Dave.

Dave.

Were you having Cartazzi troubles too mate? :no:

Claiming this thread back briefly for the 4mm boys are Haymarket's 60535 and St Margarets 61347! Both have since had little touches to add some more life, but they don't look too bad here! Dave.

Hi Max

I am in awe of some of the lovely 00 models I see in the thread and your B1 is a case in point, it looks spot on. Is the basis of the B1 is the excellent new Hornby model? I fancy getting one of those for it's sheer quality even though I do not model 00!

The photo of the real 61347 certainly answers the question of electrification flashes for that loco, and possibly other St Margarets B1s too if their positioning was a depot related matter?

Back to N (Sorry!). My lastest potterings in the modelling room also raised the question of electrifiction flashes in this case Canal's J39 64877 which pics show definitely had two flashes on the rear of the tender rather than one. My model is a renumbered and tweaked Union Mills offering, which I have seen a photo of on the Langholm Branch train. Mine, however is found a little further North on a Southbound local (Not sure at all about that Springside Headlamp though :scratchhead: ).

Roy

post-4469-0-74153600-1328372567_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dave.

Always nice to see what you're up to....and more lovely lovely stuff,

Would you be upset if I've also got a 61347 in the pipeline albeit 50% of the size!! I've renumbered a BachFar B1 and was looking at that number area, as if I remember there was a whole batch from St Mags in the 6134x range.

I just can't remember what number I chose, and the loco is on loan with a friend !!

Dave.

A pair of stunners.

I'm thinking of building a OO exhibition layout, but it would be too small to justify either of these (a small BLT), so I'll have to stick with the 2mm versions.

good morning All.

Great to see more locomotive photos back on the thread again.

Two great looking locomotives Dave, very nicely weathered as they say less is more rather than bury them in grime.

I am hoping two add some additional photos very soon of Haymarket Pacific's that ran over the Waverley line.

Here's one for starters, I am sure I read some where that the prototype Deltic DP1 did run on the Waverley route at some point in the late 1950's possibly when it was under going trails in Scotland.

For those of you who do not like Diesels please forgive me.

Regards

David

post-6557-0-39644400-1328439756_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

The only problem with having DP1 on a WR layout would be that if kept to prototype you would only be able to run the loco once in either direction ... such a shame for a lovely model :O

As esoteric to me as Modern Art, that concept. A very interesting avenue to take modelling/ operating. Hmmmm....

The only problem with having DP1 on a WR layout would be that if kept to prototype you would only be able to run the loco once in either direction ... such a shame for a lovely model :O

I intend to run in Groundhog Day mode though, the same day over and over...

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

Two more 1956 models today. B1 61029 of St Margarets and 62447 'The Percy' of Blaydon. This loco was fairly regular at Hawick on Border Counties services from Hexham.

There's an entire rake of weathered parcels stock awaiting commissioning for the B1 to haul. It should break cover soon!

Dave.

post-6676-0-33027400-1329308980.jpg

post-6676-0-00801000-1329309025.jpg

post-6676-0-78539200-1329309079.jpg

post-6676-0-14290800-1329309097.jpg

• Like 10

Great to see The Percy there, proof if ever it was needed that Railroad is a great resource, and inspiration for me to do something more than contemplate my pair of late emblem beasts. With that trademark subtle yet highly effective weathering, it's hard to distinguish the D49 from more recent issues in terms of overall impact and heft. Super effort Dave.

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

To be fair, it's only that good because of some refinements and an excellent painting and lining job by Coachmann. I added some more bits and the coal before the 'sooting up' began!

Thanks all the same.

Dave.

You have the knack of producing outstanding models of all my favourite prototypes; if there's one thing that makes me wish I was modelling mainline 4mm, it's seeing the pics of your models. Stop it! :nono: :)

Brilliant work, Dave

Ian

To be fair, it's only that good because of some refinements and an excellent painting and lining job by Coachmann. I added some more bits and the coal before the 'sooting up' began!

Thanks all the same.

Dave.

Well, I did know she'd been via an intermediary really - it's raised the bar doubly high now - somehow gonna have to emulate the combined efforts of the pair of you. Think the end result with 62747 is what's known as synergy. I know Coach will have checked the thread out, so here's another 'Like This' from me!