• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott ..great back scene looks just right ..heres a couple more pics ..hows your boat building skills wink.gif

Some great pictures on the posts recently. I especially like the EWS/DBS with the cruise ship in the background.

Evening,

Thanks for the congrats messages, the arrival isnt until September so I've got a bit of time to spend money!
I've just finished a run of 7 late shifts, so this afternoon I thought I'd treat myself to a bit of modelling time and add the bits to the Vi trains mainline 37. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I've put the pipes on one end only. Next plan is to weather it..

Had a bit of an issue with the diesel depot. The roof has sunken and is not fit for purpose. I've had to ditch it and revert back to an earlier pikestuff model. Thankfully the 37's fit it ok, the problem I had with that depot before is that the 66's were too long and didn't look right.

It will have to do for now, I may consider trying to sort the roof out on the scratch build at a later date, but my list of things to do keeps growing.

Hopefully I'll post a few pictures later.

Cheers

Scott

Righty oh, 
Tonight I have had another late night potter in the workshop. After running around after everyone else in the house...

It's still a bit cold to spend too long out there but I have managed to do a bit more to the depot, finished tonight by giving it a blast of Halfords grey primer. Once dry I can carry on with painting and weathering it and then adding the usual signs and clutter. 
I have also had a quick go at giving 37371 a quick light washover in some weathering muck.
When I had finished the two jobs I placed them on the layout t get the feel of things and of course I took a couple of photos.

The two Vi trains 37's are on shed. It's no reflection on their performance by the way, as they perform just fine. 

post-6849-0-47657100-1365113403.jpg

Another view of 37371, 37430 and this time with their stable mate 37408.

post-6849-0-54129000-1365113646.jpg

Finally one of the requested shot, triple headed 37 on the iron ore.

post-6849-0-05001100-1365113440.jpg

Daz, did I read that right?? You're going back to 4mm!!

Cheers for looking

Scott 

Ahhh yes well it time for a change I have nearly been modeling in 2mm for 6 months now  :jester:

It started with an impulse purchase of 50 031 with sound now I am hooked once more  :senile:

Still back to your thread, another superb selection of pictures Scott,I love the weathering on 37 340  :sungum:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Well its not for me to pass comment on you changing your mind, I've done it enough times...  I'm just in the process of laying track to complete the circuit so if it needs a run in the near future feel free to pop down.

Well its not for me to pass comment on you changing your mind, I've done it enough times...  I'm just in the process of laying track to complete the circuit so if it needs a run in the near future feel free to pop down.

Cheers Scott very much appreciated, i may hold you to that a bit later down the line  :senile:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Scott

I never thought you'd do the triple ! Nice one !!

Have you run those ores much ? Mine run like dogs to be honest....

On s separate subject I must give that FGW 150 a run - sure I had it off you ?

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick,
To be honest the ores only arrived this week so haven't really been run yet. They do have plastic wheels so I'll probably change them for starters.
I'm in the process of laying the rest of the track to make a large circuit so I'll give them a good run in the not so distant future..

Get the 150 whizzing round, it probably was from me. My name on Ebay is the same as on here..

Cheers

Scott

Morning,
Well I managed to get a bit more track down last night, but is's caused me to re-think the layout!!!!!

The way the layout is currently laid out enables a single through line, however the track I've just laid on the new side will be double track. So the possible plan is to increase the current board to double track which would mean I'd lose a looped  siding in the yard.

It will invovle some track modifications, which is the bit that I'm concerned about, as I don't want to upset the apple cart, so to speak.

Basically the new bit of track the other side of the lift up flap is supposed to represent the approach/exit of a station with a bit of pointwork and the platform ends. This gives me 3 lines across the flap into the current scenic part. (I'll try and draw a plan or take the easy option and take a photo when I'm home.)

I'll be taking the easy option and putting a retaining wall to the rear.

Enough of my ramblings, I'm just thinking out loud...  

Cheers

Scott

Sounds good Scott, Why not leave it as it is but model the other side as double track, just be a very long loop? you could put some signals at either end as an excuse to hold the trains there.

Or keep the double track long loop, put a small station in the middle with another loop behind where freights could be held for other trains to pass, basically a scenic fiddle yard.

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have another look at the set up when I get home. I'm going to need to include a FY on the extension and I have thought about doing that as scenic. My other thought is to have two smaller scenic sections each end of the extension leading into the covered FY.
So the station would be one end and I'll think of another to go the other end.

I have attached a copy of the rough sketch plan of the station end.

post-6849-0-34734600-1365331054.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

how about this, Something a bit like Newport?

post-6774-0-11830000-1365332495.png

You could leave the current yard as it is and operate the layout as two separate ones if you wanted?

Also like this you could make the station as long as you want, think of those double headed 37's on steel trains?

Graham.

Archived