Good afternoon,

I hope you're all looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend. I am, I've actually got a weekend off which makes a nice change.
 To celebrate I went to my local model shop this afternoon and got a box of flexi track. The aim is to get the circuit up and running by the end of play on Monday night.

It would be a simple task however I do have to fit family activities in between, I guess it will be done like the real railways and carried out in the wee small hours under the cover of darkness.

On a totally unconnected note, had the 20 week scan today for pitbull junior Mk3 and all went well, I was actually really impressed with the guy doing it. Very detailed checks and explanations. 

We did find out the sex too, so it wont be a surprise when the little one pops out.   If you don't wan't to know the answer look away now....  "And the winner is Team BLUE"

Now the game of choose a name begins! 

Have a good one and I hope to bring you trains in action in a few days time.

Cheers

Evening,

Thanks Bruce, so far so good..

Well it's been a productive day in the garage, the up line has been laid all the way round.

The station approach area has all been wired and tested, the 08 travels over the double slip, no problem.

I just need to pop out to Maplins tomorrow and get a couple of electrial bits. Then the circuit will be complete and we should have trains running all the way round..
I can't do much more than that at the moment as I need about another 20 points for the FY Plus point motors etc...... and I can't afford that at the moment.

Had enough for today so feet up watching the Masterchef final on catchup.  Rock and Roll! 

Cheers

Scott

Scot just found your thread, it's been an interesting read watching Redbrook grow and seing your steel trains reminds me of my own soft spt for them having grown up watching the Lackenby to Shelton workings thundering through Blythe Bridge.

Anyway congratulations on a great layout.

Simon

HI Simon, welcome to Redbrook and thanks for the comments...

Today has been a family day and had a really nice walk over on the Purbecks. Oh and a sneaky trip to Maplins. As a result, I'm pleased to say that we now have full roundy roundy running, all be it on one line only.  Thats the way it will remain until I can afford some more points. But at least my locos will be run in well.
Haven't managed to do a video yet so may get time tomorrow. Might have to get a small camera to give a cabs eye view like Beresford junction.

Cheers for now

Scott

On a totally unconnected note, had the 20 week scan today for pitbull junior Mk3 and all went well, I was actually really impressed with the guy doing it. Very detailed checks and explanations. 

We did find out the sex too, so it wont be a surprise when the little one pops out.   If you don't wan't to know the answer look away now....  "And the winner is Team BLUE"

Congrats Pitbull, that's great news.

We found out last Monday that we're (or at least my wife is!) expecting a little girl come September, I'm going to be completely outnumbered then and I'll bee looking to these forums and the loft to help restore my sanity!

Thanks Matt,

Congrats back at ya!
Thankfully the Boys are already winning 3 - 2 in this house so the lunatics really have taken over the asylum here...

Didnt get any day time in the garage yesterday, hada good day with the family. I did get out there late last night and have laid a bit more track in the station approach, stuck the mail centre onto the backboard and painted the retaining walls. Hope fully later I'll get a bit more done. I have to say it was pleasant with the class 56 with sound going round.

Cheers for now

Morning,
I've had to come on here and write about my progress as I just found myself looking at 66's on ebay!!!  This is my distraction technique.

I had 37427 running around the circuit for most of the night, first time I have given it a run and it was a bit poor. It was full of gunk in one of the wheel sets so gave that a clean. Think I'm going to have to get some lubrication oil for it as it now squeals a bit! And thats without using function 7 on the chip...

I've also spent a bit of time lining up the tracks on the lift up sections, quite an easy job, I just reheated the solder and moved the track a fraction. The locos seem to be running more smoothly now.
I really want to crack on with the point motors on the station approach and get that operational, think I might have to bite the bullet and order some from Hattons. Need to get an 8 function accessory decoder too.

Well hopefully this small update has done enough to stop me looking at any more sheds..

Cheers

It's an addiction.. Although I'm not as bad as I used to be.

Yeah I'm an Ebay addict also, I'm always browsing on my phone i'm terrible :) Resist the sheds though mate!

By the way are you going to the Swanage gala this weekend Scott?

Sadly I'm back to work tomorrow for a run of day shifts so wont be able to make it. I might pop by after work on Saturday if I can but wont be going for a ride.

I missed both convoys going down so I need to make an effort to get and see the locos.

Sadly I'm back to work tomorrow for a run of day shifts so wont be able to make it. I might pop by after work on Saturday if I can but wont be going for a ride.

I missed both convoys going down so I need to make an effort to get and see the locos.

That's a shame, i'm gonna be there on Saturday as i also start my shift tomorrow but i've taken a couple of days off.

swanage is a great railway and I make the effort to go once a year to revive childhood memories if going in the early 80s.

Not only that a railway that actually goes somewhere the kids will be amused at.

Well I managed to get there for a couple of hours this afternoon. Got to see the LU 20's which was the main reason for going.  Might pop back tomorrow after work and see if the 37 is running.
I've put a vid of the 20's and a few photos on the Swanage Diesel gala thread.

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the garage at the moment, I need to get back out there but its been a busy couple of days. Hopefully I'll have an update for you soon.

Cheers   

Evening,

Didn't go to Swanage in the end, a family issue had to take priority.
However on a positive note I have just secured a new delivery to the Redbrook fleet.  I know I shouldn't but sometimes you've just got to do it. You never know whats around the corner.  

More details to follow...  obviously with a picture once the postie has been.

Just need to source some suitable rolling stock now...

Cheers

Scott

Archived