steve fay

Steve

Looking back at mine, I think the one thing that would have made mine much better would have been to make a circular plinth to put the rail on. Just to lift it up. When I surfaced the central well, I used some small ballast, maybe fine 4mm scale, but it ended up a little higher than the base of the chairs, and it isn't right. I'm not going to change it, but I'm sure that I could have done better if I had somehow made the chairs a bit higher.

Hope it helps - I can do a photo or two back end of next week if it would help

Simon

• Like 1

Steve

Looking back at mine, I think the one thing that would have made mine much better would have been to make a circular plinth to put the rail on. Just to lift it up. When I surfaced the central well, I used some small ballast, maybe fine 4mm scale, but it ended up a little higher than the base of the chairs, and it isn't right. I'm not going to change it, but I'm sure that I could have done better if I had somehow made the chairs a bit higher.

Hope it helps - I can do a photo or two back end of next week if it would help

Simon

Yes please

Steve

Will do but I'm up in Birkenhead & Pwllheli for the next week or so - hopefully beginning August I'll get a chance before heading off to Scotland for work.

Holidays - Will do some research for Porth Dinllaen, and hope to get a ride behind a two-foot Garrett...

Will get back when I can

Simon

• Like 1

Steve

There is a photo of my t/t in Jeff's thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/76732-stepper-motor-turntable-drive/page-4 at post 96.

The photo is not brilliant, but you can see that the gravel sort-of "fades out" near the ring rail. The photos I referred to when painting and subsequently weathering the bridge & pit show some kind of concrete plinth, or at least a different "texture" where the ring rail is installed. There is also some kind of conical dip towards the centre, which I, and the Metalsmith kit, did not allow for. This photo shows what I mean. http://www.gres.org.uk/page50.html, whereas, it is not so obvious in this one - http://www.lovedartmouth.com/groups/profile/12/pictures/503/2

Will post a better one of mine when I can - I guess you have some good shots of the original Ranelagh bridge pit, so you can work out how to do it - at least you won't make the mistake I did!

Best

Simon

Ply Jeff.

I laid all the new plans out last night. The Bristol gang are going to help with the track building and 3 link if he wants.

My good friend Michelle has offered to build Ranelagh Bridge it's self which should be mightily impressive as she works wonders in plasticard.

I'm going over to Cambridge Monday for Two days to start ballasting a 4 track main line ! Another large O gauge project a friend has started. Complete with 3rd rail well it will have eventually. Il post some pictures up when I get back.

• Like 4

Hi Steve,

I have just put in my order at the S7 stores for a few jigs, so hopefully I will be able to give you a hand soon. By the way do you like that site I introduced you to ? There are some stunning colour photos on there ;) .

ATB,

Martyn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the first loco in Ranelagh Bridge for maintenance but not I suspect what Isambard had in mind for his west London shed.

post-6682-0-57214800-1407956680_thumb.jpg

A speaker upgrade on a Brit :O

Well those GWR types were very clever :no:

Would it leave via this after completion. Very nice. Looking forward to my TT arriving so I can play as well.

post-6682-0-29000700-1407956741_thumb.jpg

Sorry it was such a quick visit. Closing the M4 at 8 at night is never a good idea and tends to shorten a night out.

• Like 3

Thank you mate, looking forward to hearing it in action in a few weeks time. It will be nice to have the speaker in the right place.

The turn table well still hasn't arrived so everything's on hold until it arrives

• Like 1