Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Leon

Thanks guys, Rob, more than welcome Im a bit short of feight stock, just let me get the two fiddle yards built.. Guy sorry about the delay, the lights are from express models, I did get lighting from cr signals but thought I would give express a go, also just fitted two bufferstop lights in the depot.

The new shunter is not that exciting, I just seen it, good price and liked it in the livery its in, out of place but oh well.

All the best chaps.

• Like 1

Evening all, Nothing done tonight as watching the Arsenal, After letting in 3 I had to walk away..

Grid 032 is tasked with bringing new arrival 09019 to South Wales along with a new coal hopper as brake force (maybe from Eastbury sidings)..Quiet how the 09 will fit in only time will tell, dont think 019 has ever been to Wales espc in Mainline livery but I needed a second shunter and Hornby make great ones and I do like the mainline livery on them. If it doesnt fit in then a repaint into another one of Cantons 09/1 super shunters in a few years could be on the cards.

The shunter is seen taking on fuel before being sent too the dirty paintshop.

post-5554-0-44308700-1299621059_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-91059700-1299621095_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-51194400-1299621120_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-65435100-1299621150_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-23517900-1299621214_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Guest Dave.C

09107 is a much better looking loco rolleyes.gif

I was given a Mainline 08 for Christmas because I have 'other' blue locomotives. It too is in line for a livery change, although I will probably do it the easy way and remove the Mainline logo and go for a heavy weathered faded BR Blue.

Hi all, gave the airbrush a blast this afternoon, after arriving in South Wales a week , manline liveried 09019 has yet to turn a wheel as the fitters are waiting for a part to arrive, the DCC chip.

56032 get another coat of dirt and the 09 has also picked up a coat of dust sitting in its industrial surroundings, gave the BP TEA's a light coat, will add some oil stains next.

56032 arrives with a short steel empty service from Llanwern and a Trainload Metals 37 takes charge of 100tonne tanks to Baglan.

post-5554-0-64959700-1300051006_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-95310600-1300051048_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-10365200-1300051086_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-75175700-1300051141_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-25446900-1300051224_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-49218800-1300051253_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-11461800-1300051288_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-96824300-1300051321_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-02058400-1300051350_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-38292700-1300051381_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-96962300-1300051411_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Lol, the sky, the heat in the attic was making the paper peel off so I decided to pull it all down, made more of a mess now. will try to tidy it up soon and go back to matt white paint I think...Did you get any pics at the weekend? I will have to make an effort to come along one day and meet you all. I have been watching some of the vids of Leaford.

That bridge of yours is very impressive. Is it built up of plasticard?

Hi Leon,

I've just noticed that you have added a green tank alongside the fueling point. Just curious to know what's in the tank ?

Thanks

Its not fixed there yet so may be moved, not sure what to use it as, any suggestions, waste or something???? Maybe I will move it to the wagon works.

• RMweb Premium

Did you get any pics at the weekend? I will have to make an effort to come along one day and meet you all. I have been watching some of the vids of Leaford.

Unfortunately not, I forgot the camera on both days.:rolleyes: However, I know Kevin took some and Scott took some with his phone, also there seemed to be people taking photos constantly today so keep an eye out.

You would be most welcome anytime at a show, there's always room for a novice.;) Maybe you could spend a weekend in the New Forest with your good lady wife Spring Bank holiday weekend as we are exhibiting again 28-29th May in Brockenhurst and we will also be at the Wilton show 7-8th May.

As for the bridge, no plasticard was used only 3mm MDF clad in card, if you look back through my ramblings it is explained and there pics before and after the card was added.

• RMweb Premium

Its not fixed there yet so may be moved, not sure what to use it as, any suggestions, waste or something???? Maybe I will move it to the wagon works.

I will getting one of these at some point to put outside my main shed. When I took photos at Buxton there was one there and I assumed it was oil to power the shed heaters or such like.

Hi all, gave the airbrush a blast this afternoon, after arriving in South Wales a week , manline liveried 09019 has yet to turn a wheel as the fitters are waiting for a part to arrive, the DCC chip.

56032 get another coat of dirt and the 09 has also picked up a coat of dust sitting in its industrial surroundings, gave the BP TEA's a light coat, will add some oil stains next.

56032 arrives with a short steel empty service from Llanwern and a Trainload Metals 37 takes charge of 100tonne tanks to Baglan.

Shouldnt one or both of those brake vans be burnt out in proper South Wales style ? :D

Excellent layout mate...one day....one day !.

Bluebird.

Thanks Bluebird, some years ago (90's) I did see a burnt out CAR brake van in RM magazine. Its has always been something I have wanted to do, I think he just removed the top leaving just the under frame then built a "burnt out " shell from plastic strip..

I will be "tourching" an area of grass along the embankment though.... ps note to everyone, were not all arsonists in South Wales..hounest.

Thanks again

Leon.

Hi Leon,

Enjoyed looking through your latest pics dude, can i ask where you got the green tank on the fuel point from? I also wouldn't mind something like that around my depot area.

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Leon,

Enjoyed looking through your latest pics dude, can i ask where you got the green tank on the fuel point from? I also wouldn't mind something like that around my depot area.

Cheers

Arnie

Hi and thanks Arnie.

Company on the net called unit models, they have some good bits on there for detailing, they come either painted or unpainted at a lower price.

Just need to glue the tank onto the base and add the piping, easy enough to do.

Thanks Bluebird, some years ago (90's) I did see a burnt out CAR brake van in RM magazine. Its has always been something I have wanted to do, I think he just removed the top leaving just the under frame then built a "burnt out " shell from plastic strip..

I will be "tourching" an area of grass along the embankment though.... ps note to everyone, were not all arsonists in South Wales..hounest.

Thanks again

Leon.

Speak for yourself mate !!! I remember at least two vans being burnt out in East Usk and the one Portabello Level Crossing (Near the Hospital in newport). The latter was burnt out so many times I think they (EWS/Transrail) gave up in the end and left it there !.

Bluebird.

Hi, ive been watching and liking this thread for ages, is one of the guards vans the modelzone ltd edition? Ive 2 Hornby 56032s and taken plates of and re done to 'western mail' and 'richard tevithick' only to see Hornby are doing it next. looking forward to kernow 37/9s too. sure they would go down a treat on your layout. cheers owen

Hi, ive been watching and liking this thread for ages, is one of the guards vans the modelzone ltd edition? Ive 2 Hornby 56032s and taken plates of and re done to 'western mail' and 'richard tevithick' only to see Hornby are doing it next. looking forward to kernow 37/9s too. sure they would go down a treat on your layout. cheers owen

Cheers Owen, those two 56's you mention are on the hit list along with Cardiff Rod Mill & Tremorfa Steelworks, unless I put the later on the 37. Also been waiting for the 37/9's from Kernow, if money allows and the recently released BDA's from Bachmann.

Yes the brake van is modelzone, along with the Mainline 09, not local to the area, but good price and a good well made model.

Glade you enjoy the thread, finding it hard to get much done in the atic of late, got no natural lighting which I dont think helps....

Regards

Leon

Hi and thanks Arnie.

Company on the net called unit models, they have some good bits on there for detailing, they come either painted or unpainted at a lower price.

Just need to glue the tank onto the base and add the piping, easy enough to do.

Thanks for the info Leon, i have just placed an order for one of the tanks from them just gotta decide where to put it now.

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Leon,

The layout is looking great, It nice to see plenty going on in the yard.:D You have achieved a real sence of space and the senics look just right.B)

Cheers Peter.