Leon

Hello Leon,

You're latest pictures are stunning mate ! You have achieved alot and it inspires me !

So are you happy with your Vi trains 37's ? Because i also model the Sectorisation period, i have been thinking about their 37's,

don't know whether to get any ! Should i ?

Well done !

Regards,

Graham.

Hi Graham, thanks for the support, peoples comments mean a huge amount and keep me pushing on..

As for the Vi 37 The first one I bought was 37201 Fm after asking some advice on here also. I find they sit lower on the chassis than the Bachmann so you dont see all the drive gears. At first when you take them out of the box they dont look too good but once you add the pipes, handrail & ploughs they improve. A little or lot of weathering brings them to life, Im more than happy with the grubby freight look on 201 for a first attempt. They also run fine, mine are now playing up but i think thats down to the fact im still spraying on the layout and running trains at the same time so they are all picking up dirt & paint on the wheels. Im planning on getting another Vi prob the Dutch livery. At the mo 37800 is just £33 at hattons, you cant let it go at that price..... Im also going to try one of there 47's when cash allows... In short I recomend them and encourage you to get one...

Hope this helps and thanks again

Leon.

hi leon,

great layout youve got, and im sure trev means the class 66, 'shed' is the nickname for this class :)

david

Thanks David, still not sure what is meant by "night mode", Is there a switch or something on it ?? Never really studied the class 66, got married and stopped watching trains... so dont know much about them anymore..lol

Thanks

Leon.

Thanks Leon, i only live 10 minutes away from Hattons, so i am in the ideal place, and i did notice the prices ! Very tempting !

I would weather them too myself !

Keep up the good work !

Regards,

Graham.

Hi all,

My vi trains class 37 - 37800 Glo Cymru arrived Tuesday and I am very impressed with it. For £33.50 from Hattons, I couldn't say no. It is my first class 37 from vi trains and it certainly won't be my last.

As for this very impressive layout, may I suggest adding the Owens 1:76 scale lorry from Oxford. I am also from South Wales and they are seen everywhere, in particular around the steelworks in Newport and Port Talbot. I have one on my layout and it looks great, I will try and get a photo of mine.

In the meantime here is a pic of it off the internet.

post-10188-007381500 1289564444_thumb.jpg

Keep up the great work and keep the updates coming!

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

[/quote

Hi Leon just had another look through your pages and I will definately add some low relief factories behind the station fence on Deesdale Road yours look really good mate. Also another look at your track and ballasting!!!!! really good, well done. 

Hi trev, thanks for the support, what did you mean about night setting for the shed? are we talking about the shed building or the 66 ?

Thanks

Leon

Hi Leon,

Apologies,I didn't explain myself very well ;) - as D. Winpenney says it a refernce to the day and night running lights on a 'shed' class 66 (JT42CWSS!!) and swapping the lights over to simulate day and night running. (as per the big railway)!!!!

Looking directly at the loco, the lights should be LH for daytime and RH for night time!

Hope this helps mate!!

Cheers

Treeb :lol:

Thanks David, still not sure what is meant by "night mode", Is there a switch or something on it ?? Never really studied the class 66, got married and stopped watching trains... so dont know much about them anymore..lol

Thanks

Leon.

Hi matey

Flip the shed over and is there a switch for changing the lighting position on the u/s of the fuel tank?

Im not sure as I only own one of the 'orrible things (being an EE man myslef) and that thing belongs to my 11 year old!

11ewt1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Trev I never knew that...will have a look later, Thanks also Andrew. Hi Chris I think I will get one of those, I think Owens are based in Llanelli and are used at the stelworks there. I have got 3 of the Oxfords curtainside artic at my steelworks...Good to see your Glo Cymru, the etched nameplates arrived for mine the other day, I can weather mine then once there on. Maybe I will triple head a coal working through the yard....!

Thanks Trev I never knew that...will have a look later, Thanks also Andrew. Hi Chris I think I will get one of those, I think Owens are based in Llanelli and are used at the stelworks there. I have got 3 of the Oxfords curtainside artic at my steelworks...Good to see your Glo Cymru, the etched nameplates arrived for mine the other day, I can weather mine then once there on. Maybe I will triple head a coal working through the yard....!

Owens operate a national logistics service, so you see their lorries all over the shop- we even get them through the Channel Tunnel. Their base is in Dafen, Llanelli, but they have a depot at Corporation Road, Newport, which is a stone's throw from where your layout seems to be based. If you want more gen on them, have a look at:- http://www.owens-logistics.com/default.aspx

Mind you, from what I saw of the queueing lorries at CELSA last week, you could have vehicles from all over Europe.

Sadly, Llanelli hasn't had a steelworks since the days when Phil Bennett, Derek Quinell and Ray Gravell played for Scarlets- all that's left of the steel industry there is Trostre tinplate works. The rest's a park and a golf course now.

Hi Leon,

I have a pic of my Owens lorry on my layout, I love it! I am very pleased with Glo Cymru, I currently have it hauling my rake of Tarmac and RMC quarry wagons.

The triple heading sounds fab, make sure to add the pics ;)

Cheers

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys, no new stock planned unfortunatly. The wife and I have decided to go to Paris for the New Year as a pressie to each other. The new job I got has better pay so should be able to get up there in the new year, need to spend money on building the two fiddle yards at each end. I will be looking forward to seeing other peoples Christmas pressies on here though.

Enjoy Paris Leon, Happy Christmas and all that jazz!

Looking forward to some more updates in the New Year - here's a few images I've scanned recently to add fuel to the inspirational fire:

y0al5j.jpg

1fivj6.jpg

Nice one!

Trev

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Leon,

Its a while since i looked at your layout ... to be honest I lost the thread and couldn't remember the name! Then I saw a post of yours on another thread and hey presto, found you again!

Your layout is really looking superb .... from my occasional visits to Cardiff and the odd official wander around Tidal yard, its really true to form! Well done ... and premier traction too! Class 37s! :)

Rich

PS Love the grass around the buffer stops!

Poped head into the atic this evening first time in a while to snap on my mobile a number of locos parked up on shed over the festive period., going to need to work to do soon as I see Kernow are doing a pair of 37/9s and also a nice class 60 due from Hornby soon...soon have too many locos and not enough work for them...

post-5554-0-10943500-1294352289_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-74786500-1294352363_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-47407100-1294352380_thumb.jpg

• Like 3