Leon

Nice layout, as a fellow resident of south Wales your pics take me back to my spotting at Newport in the early 90s plenty of 37s . In the late 90s there was a 58 knocking about in the Newport area for a while, always seemed to be on an engineers train.

Used to see a Dutch 31 alot in the early 90s. I will have to have a look through my old pics.

A railfreight distribution class 47 in the then revised livery was always a favourite one of mine I've got a cracking picture of on ex works on Godfrey road. Oh 50031 hood on the Cardiff portsmouths, the memories are flooding back.

I know its been said before but your layout really oozes space and the feel of an industrial line.

Rolling stock looks good aswell, I especially like the picture with the brake van left in the siding.

Looks like your modelling mojo is returning at a rate of knots..

Cheers

Scott

Thanks guys, progress has slowed of late, but whilst putting the Christmas decs away in the atic I did add some purple flowers from International models and also unpack the 4 new TEA's the rake looks too short for the class 60 so need to order anoyher 4 to make a total of eight which should look more realistic, cant go longer than 8 plus a loco due to the room left for the fiddle yards....

Hopefully I can get stuck into things as lots of bits and pieces have been arriving and piling up...

Cheers all

Leon..

• RMweb Gold

Rolling stock looks good aswell, I especially like the picture with the brake van left in the siding.

I agree with what Scott has replied. Layout looks good.

I guess you will also be busy weathering those tank wagons!

Hi Leon, great loco line-up ..you defo need a `slug` or two..

Hi Leon,

Really liking the layout, the rolling stock/scenery and weathering look superb!

I agree with Yellowvanman you need to get yourself some SLUGS dude :)I myself am keeping an eye on the Kernow twin pack, hopefully not too long to wait for them.

Cheers

Arnie

Hello Leon,

This layout is only getting better and better every time I log in. But I'm completely lost on your track plan... Is there any chance you can post a picture showing the whole layout or maybe a new track plan?

All the best!

Edwin

Thanks Ed, There is a sketched trackplan on page 4, Unfortunatly I am unable to take a picture of the whole layout as it spans 3 sides of the atic and wont all fit in one shot. have a look at the plan on page four, I can give you some more info on it if needed, thanks for the support... Basical its an end to end layout with fiddle yards on both ends (once built) with 7 road yard in the centre, steelworks and docks at one end and small loco servicing point the other, hope this helps.

Leon

Hmm.. Leon, you're fast. Here I am feeling all stupid because in the meantime I found the plan on page 4 and it is very clear... I thought I had never seen a track plan of your layout, but apparently I just missed it, should have looked a bit further before I posted the question. :blush_mini:

But, nevertheless, a very inspiring layout!

No problem Ed, it is a long way back mind...lol, fast reply as Im in work....(well looking at train but dont tell the boss)

Scott, I was thinking this only the other week. Back when I started I was going to model Newport ADJ as part of it is on a curve like mine, unfortunatly not the freight bit, more the PW part, Then I thought Tidal yard in Cardiff docks. Ideas from a bit of all I guess, the stored RES coaches like at Tidal etc. Maybe I will think about a name for the yard only not the layout as I did want to have a sign at the enterance to the sidings.

Anyway, get working on yours, seeing your pics make me work on mine.....All the best mate.

Leon,

Were you hiding in a bush when you took the last 3 pics, its like you are trespassing and getting a few sneaky shots before you are found out. I like them.

As much as I like the "modern" scene with 66's, you just cant beat a line up of sub sector locos.... Now put it back in its box, just like I had to with my class 70... :P

Having been spured on by Scotts recent work on Bocott Ive tried to push on and complete the few areas untouched on the layout, all in all there is not that much more to cove, then I can start to improve the quality of the layout and start running some trains. I have started to cover the embankment that runs from the depot to the headshunt, I will then complete the M4 overbridge. An 09 stands under the motorway waiting for the shunter to switch the points. the grass and scrub still has the to new look about it yet and will be toned down at some point.

Thanks for looking

Leon

post-5554-0-95243000-1294781847_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-16889600-1294781873_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-18623500-1294781897_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-00613200-1294781931_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-74087600-1294781977_thumb.jpg

• Like 3