Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

Details of Oxford Diecast's October 2014 to January 2015 programme are becoming available. In 1/76 they are going for some big items, including the following new tooling:

Diamond T980 tank transporter WW II

Bedford QLD WW11 .........................................................

IF ONLY they started releasing their WW2 range in civilian colours for 50's austerity Britain.

Details of Oxford Diecast's October 2014 to January 2015 programme are becoming available. In 1/76 they are going for some big items, including the following new tooling:

Leyland Titan PD2/12 double deck bus

Austin 1300 1962 on

Ford 400E van

Some good stuff here, especially the 1300, I can use double figures of those.  

NOJ541F and KVR782F - my dad's and uncle's examples - will definitely be two!

The 1300 didn't appear until 1967, so should be a Mk.2 model with the revised tailfins and grille.

Well let's hope it is.  Although as I'm modelling summer '68, the proportion of the two types would be heavily weighted to the pre-facelift ADO16.

Mentioning the Minix model, and going off-topic for a moment: with a decent coat of paint, a bit of black around the insides of the window openings and wheel arches, plus painting the tyres, they come up a treat. Lengthen the axles slightly for an extra touch of realism, or even substitute Bernard TPM's white metal wheels and they are as good as, or even better than, anything from Oxford Diecast so far (not that the OD are by any means bad models!).

I mention this in the sense that people are talking of modifying OD cars anyway. The Minix models can be found at swap meets and other sources quite cheaply, still, although the Oxford models are also extremely good value for money, and I am not knocking them in any way.

Whilst I wouldn't say no the new style FH in N as well as the promised 4mm one to give some variety to the existing Scania, or an MAN TG-X allowing me to model an Allelys low loader for Baby Laira, it'd be nice to see some slightly older releases that also cover the more run of the mill stuff, such as a Volvo FL or original style FH, Daf CF or a Mercedes Axor to model those common place fleet machines. Unless you model their yards, you aren't likely to need 57 identical Stobart 13 plate Scanias on one layout! Axors are used widely by supermarkets, parcels couriers and many hauliers, along with the CF, so there's potential for many liveries!

There are loads of road rail vehicles based on both the Volvo FL6 and FL10 cabs, mostly converted by SRS it seems

jo

Edited by ewsjo

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We are still awaiting the ful listing of Oxford's new models for the October to January 2015 period.

OXFORD RAIL

But has anyone noticed that on Oxford's web site there is now an Oxford Rail tab, the next page says "Get ready .... It's comimg" with a countdown clock that (today) reads 41 days 20 hours. I reckon that takes us to Thursday 20 November, just before Warley.

Clicking on this page then gives this message "Please complete the form below to receive details about Oxford Rail products.

Information will be released in the coming months." and a note of a website www.oxfordrail.com

John

At the moment the main new items are listed at the bottom of these pages:

16 items in N, including 8 new shapes

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/eras/1_148_0__Current.htm

88 items in 1/76 including 10 new shapes, I think

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/eras/1_76_0__Current.htm

Over the next few days the new items will probably be integrated into the main listing.

I cannot identify the 1/43 new items at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oxford Diecast's latest catalogue - 'release programme' - for the period October to January 2015 is now on their website, at

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/ebooks/oct-jan2015/

This is the full illustrated listing of their range in that period, including the new models recently announced and referred to above.

John

• 2 months later...

The 63-64 Plaxton Panorama is out in Southdown colours. Only seen one in the shop but first impressions suggest it looks a reasonably good representation. Not certain which liveries they're intending, I believe Midland Red and Ribble figure initially but plenty of others to go at. Many survived into the seventies with their original owners, National Travel South West inherited a number from Royal Blue, and dozens made into the eighties with subsequent owners so it has wide ranging interests.

• RMweb Premium

The Oxford Diecast Collectors Facebook site has details of Oxford's February to May programme. New castings are:

1/76. Austin Cambridge (early 1960s - BMC's successor to the Morris Oxford already in OD's range); Vauxhall Vectra first version; Volvo 245 estate; Ford Transit Mk 1 (in white!); military Dorchester ACV; lorry Mercedes Actros MP4; and a Komatsu PC340 hydraulic excavator.

1/43. Aston Martin DB2 Mk III; and DB9 coupe.

1/148. Bedford MWD; and Scania Irizar bus.

There are various new liveries, of course - of particular relevance to us are in 1/76 the Bedford OWB bus in MacBraynes livery, and in 1/43 the Austin Seven van LMS Advertsing and Publicity Service.

Something for everyone, as ever with Oxford Diecast.

John

• Like 3

Also in the aircraft range a de Havilland Dove in 1:72, a nice 1950s complementary small regional airliner to their existing Rapide.  First livery is Dan Air who used the Dove on internal services in the 1950s.

Oxford make some very nice 1930s-1960s aircraft suitable for small regional aerodromes.

Edited by wombatofludham

Also in the aircraft range a de Havilland Dove in 1:72, a nice 1950s complementary small regional airliner to their existing Rapide.  First livery is Dan Air who used the Dove on internal services in the 1950s.

Oxford make some very nice 1930s-1960s aircraft suitable for small regional aerodromes.

My  second  ever  flight  was  in  a  Dragon  Rapide  from  Squires  gate  round  Blackpool  Tower  and  back!!  Brilliant

First  flight was   a 15 minute  joy  ride  Off Southport  beach, in  a   tiny light  Aircraft 3  seats  inc  the  pilot

3rd  Flight  we  saved  up  and  went  from Manchester to  Isle of Man for a day  trip  BEA  Viscount  (rode  the  Manx  |Electric  Railway  for  the  first  time on  that  trip)

Apologies  for  going  seriously  off topic  but  you  read  something on  here  and  it  triggers  memories!!

• Like 2