Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

Oxford Diecast have a Vauxhall Corsa in Military Police battenburg which can easily be made civilian. There is also a land Rover Discovery in police, fire, and highway agency patrol battenburg colours.

The Cararama 1/72 range has police liveried Volvo V70, Mercedes Vito, Mercedes M class, Mercedes C class, BMW X5, as well as suitable Skodas to relivery.

The Yatming Road Signatures 1/72 range included BMW 3 series, Jaguar S type, and Vauxhall Vectra in battenburg colours.

Finding the Yatmings may prove a challenge, but the others are either current or turn up on Ebay fairly regularly.

Almost forgot the just-released Oxford Diecast Lotus Evora in current Central Policing Motorways patrol battenburg livery.

• RMweb Premium

Oxford Diecast have a Vauxhall Corsa in Military Police battenburg which can easily be made civilian. There is also a land Rover Discovery in police, fire, and highway agency patrol battenburg colours.

The Cararama 1/72 range has police liveried Volvo V70, Mercedes Vito, Mercedes M class, Mercedes C class, BMW X5, as well as suitable Skodas to relivery.

The Yatming Road Signatures 1/72 range included BMW 3 series, Jaguar S type, and Vauxhall Vectra in battenburg colours.

Finding the Yatmings may prove a challenge, but the others are either current or turn up on Ebay fairly regularly.

Almost forgot the just-released Oxford Diecast Lotus Evora in current Central Policing Motorways patrol battenburg livery.

Cararama also do the Range Rover in 'Battenburg' livery, this and the Volvo V70 are slightly smaller than 1/72, about 1/74. The Range Rover is also right hand drive and the Volvo is screwed together like the Oxford models so should be easy to modify.

• RMweb Premium

Georg Hämel of Auto & Modell, Germany, has now posted his report of the Nurnberg Toy Fair 2015. His reports are always excellent, covering new items from many makers. Here is his report on Oxford Diecast, with 36 photographs of forthcoming models. Although it is labelled OD 1/43, quite a number of the photos are of 1/76 models. Many shown here have not been seen before. These include the Aston Martins and Datsun in 1/43, and the Land Rover Carmichael fire in 1/76. Enjoy!

http://www.auto-und-modell.de/pages/aktuell/1600/Spielwarenmesse-2015-Oxford-Diecast-143/

John

Edited by it's-er

The new version of the catalogue is available to view here:-

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/ebooks/feb-may2015/

This is a big file. Under the E-book one of the buttons allows download of a .pdf version. Includes a number of pre-production photos.

This is a direct link to the .pdf version.

http://media.solnet.co.uk/oxford/feb-may-2015/files/assets/downloads/publication.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nzflyer

The new version of the catalogue is available to view here:-

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/ebooks/feb-may2015/

This is a big file. Under the E-book one of the buttons allows download of a .pdf version. Includes a number of pre-production photos.

This is a direct link to the .pdf version.

http://media.solnet.co.uk/oxford/feb-may-2015/files/assets/downloads/publication.pdf

What I like particularly is the 1:76 London Fire Brigade Land Rover Defender, Network Rail Transit Connect, Massey 135 tractors, the modern military Land Rovers and NATO Konecranes reach stacker. These will add to any modern image scene I’m sure but what I really want is the Komatsu excavator in 1:76!  :senile:

• RMweb Premium

What I like particularly is the 1:76 London Fire Brigade Land Rover Defender, Network Rail Transit Connect, Massey 135 tractors, the modern military Land Rovers and NATO Konecranes reach stacker. These will add to any modern image scene I’m sure but what I really want is the Komatsu excavator in 1:76!  :senile:

An engineering prototype of the Komatsu excavator model was shown at Nuremberg. The Atlas version is not being made by Oxford this is an entirely new model. Hopefully it will become available within the next 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...

what I really want is the Komatsu excavator in 1:76!  :senile:

An engineering prototype of the Komatsu excavator model was shown at Nuremberg. 

I was also interested in this announcement, although I was unaware of quite how large these machines actually are.  The same engineering prototype was also on display at Model Rail Scotland this weekend and at first I thought it must be 1:43!  It's a bit too large to sit on a railway wagon, as the caterpillar tracks are quite far apart.  However, speaking to the Oxford Diecast representative, it appears that this is the start of a new range and they intend to make some smaller and possibly some larger construction plant in the future.  I may therefore be buying a few items from this range over the next few years.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I notice that the Land Rover Defender Berlin Scheme has now been released, but although featured in the latest version of Globe, I'm still not sure when this colour scheme was introduced and whether or not vehicles in this livery have ever been seen on UK roads.  Can anyone enlighten me?

At least the RAF version carries an '02' plate, so I may end up purchasing that version instead, even if I am not sure where 90 Signals Unit would operate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could do with a 4 door Ford Cortina Mk 2 for a start off.

Every model I've ever seen of the Mk2, regardless of scale and whether ready made or a kit, has been 2-door. In reality, the 4-door was far more common (sorry, popular!)

• RMweb Premium

Every model I've ever seen of the Mk2, regardless of scale and whether ready made or a kit, has been 2-door. In reality, the 4-door was far more common (sorry, popular!)

But the 'sporty' variants such as the Lotus Cortina are invariably two door, and models of the 'sporty' cars sell far more than those of standard models. The Oxford 2 door Mk1 Cortina outsells the Base Toys 4 door version by a considerable margin despite IMHO being the better and more accurate casting. (The same can't be said for the wheels and interior though, but the Oxford chassis and interior can be fitted to Base Toys body with a bit of fettling.)

• 2 weeks later...

Lyndon Davies (MD of Oxford Diecast) has announced today that he will be on the Oxford Diecast Collectors Facebook page next Sunday (31 May) to announce the next raft of releases, and update on the status of currently announced models.

Now rescheduled for Saturday 30 May from about 1930 hrs.

• RMweb Premium

I would like to see more Vauxhalls covered. We have the FB Victor but what about the F, FC, FD and FE. The HA and HC Viva's. Also the Bedford vans HA and CF.

The FC Victor was made by Minix but is now quite rare. Bernie Taylor of this parish did or maybe still does produce a resin HA van.

I would like to see more Vauxhalls covered. 

I would certainly like to see a Prince Henry Vauxhall, or even a 30/98.

For all that we admire the current work of OD, PocketBond were a contender for best, less than a decade ago.

PB

Lyndon Davies (MD of Oxford Diecast) has announced today that he will be on the Oxford Diecast Collectors Facebook page

Does anyone have link to this page? Google only seems to turn up unofficial fan pages.

Thanks,

jo

Does anyone have link to this page? Google only seems to turn up unofficial fan pages.

Thanks,

jo

Go to Facebook.com and search for Oxford Diecast Collectors, or this link might work:-

http://www.facebook.com/groups/282491821467/This is a public group so group membership is not needed to view it.

It is not a group run officially by Oxford Diecast, so the group rules need to be observed, like "No wishlisting" which would take away the time available for the new item presentation, etc. There is a separate "Wishlist" site for those who want to test out their pet project on other enthusiasts/collectors.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/601429333223215/This is a closed group, so membership is needed to view it.

From Facebook:

"

1:76 Oxford Automobile

76AA006 Austin A40 MkII Glen Green - Snowberry White Q3/2015
76BM004 Bentley Mulsanne St James Red Q1/2016
76BN6004 Bentley MkVI Midnight Blue -Shell Grey Q1/2016...
76BT2003 Bentley T2 Saloon Masons Black Q1/2016
76CT005 Citroen 2CV Dolly Plum - Custard Q4/2015
76CV003 Caravan Cream -Brown Q1/2016
76DIS004 Land Rover Discovery 4 Baltic Blue Q3/2015
76DTYP003 D Type Winner Lime Rock 1957-Walt Hansgen Q4/2015
76FC004 Ford Consul Granada Onyx Green Q1/2016
76FRE004 Land Rover Freelander Santorini Black Q4/2015
76LRD006 Land Rover Discovery 3 Cairns Blue Metallic Q2/2015
76LRDF004 Land Rover Def 90 Firenze Red-Santorini Black Q4/2015
76MMS005 Morris MM Series Lowlight Thames Blue Q1/2016
76MS005 Morris Six Clarendon Grey Q1/2016
76NQ001 Nissan Qashqai Metallic Faded Denim Q4/2015
76P4001 Rover P4 Smoke Grey/Black Q4/2015
76RR004 Range Rover Evoque Santorini Black Q4/2015
76VA001 Volvo Amazon Light Green Q4/2015
76VWY005 Vauxhall Wyvern Morocco Red Q3/2015
76VX001 Vauxhall Astra MkII White Q4/2015
76XF004 Jaguar XF Saloon Ultimate Black Q4/2015
76XJ004 Jaguar XJ Saloon Rhodium Silver Q4/2015
76XK004 Jaguar XK Convertible Italian Racing Red Q4/2015
76XKR004 Jaguar XKR-S Coupe Ultimate Black Q4/2015

The 76MBC001 releases early July. The 76ASS001 and the 76ASV001 are both manufactured, they are just awaiting a place on the next container that leaves our factory. So I anticipate late July availability"