Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

Looking at some dealers ie Rails and Hattons in particular, I think Hornby have done another dump of stock but more evenly spread so that it is not so noticable.

Now that Hornby policy has reverted to selling through the model trade instead of concessions, the stock returned from the concession outlets must have gone somewhere. I'm sure Hornby wanted it off their hands as soon as possible.

Now that Hornby policy has reverted to selling through the model trade instead of concessions, the stock returned from the concession outlets must have gone somewhere. I'm sure Hornby wanted it off their hands as soon as possible.

A raft of stock on one traders stand at Bristol show yesterday, J15 at £63, D16 for £69 and Green B12 for £88 looked very keen to me.

A raft of stock on one traders stand at Bristol show yesterday, J15 at £63, D16 for £69 and Green B12 for £88 looked very keen to me.

Unfortunately or fortunately for some, they are all GER variants which have either been overproduced or do not seem to be popular. A B12 for £88, an absolute bargain !

I ordered the Bachmann Mogul E/C at £111  Couldn't resist it at that price. Looking at other websites thaere are tons of very reduced stock on sale. Perhaps the bottom is falling out of model railway sales??

• RMweb Gold

I ordered the Bachmann Mogul E/C at £111  Couldn't resist it at that price. Looking at other websites thaere are tons of very reduced stock on sale. Perhaps the bottom is falling out of model railway sales??

Where? Give us a list.......share your secrets ;-)

• RMweb Premium

I visited the Peterborough Truckfest yesterday. Oxford Diecast had a stall there where they were selling some of their products for knock down prices. I obtained four of their recovery truck models for £30 plus five of their normal models at £2 each. They were also selling 'lucky dip' bags at £10 each. these bags are sealed but contain four or five models with a RRP of at least £25. There was also some bins of damaged models at £1 each, some were a box of bits but others had very little damage and I managed to find a Thames van model that was not damaged but the box it was in was, for a pound! If you look on the Oxford website they have details of shows that they attend.

Where? Give us a list.......share your secrets ;-)

Just have a look at Rails SALE and Hattons Bargains for starters along with Model Railways Direct.

Come on play nicely now :yes:

• RMweb Gold

Bachman Collectors Club limited edition patriot 31-210K 45506 Royal Pioneer Corps

Now 15% off at ttc die cast. £140 against £169 at the official Bachmann sitehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112393669899?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Free postage if via the ttcdiecast website.

So Bachmann is selling them on to retailers to clear stock. I would emphatically not use the term "bargain" in this case. The original asking price was pushing the envelope.Let' s be kind and say the envelope has undergone a tiny shrinkage.There's a good deal of new release around that offers far better bangs for your buck than this and no shortage of takers for it I imagine.Before I would even raise an eyebrow on this one it would need to fall below £100,

• RMweb Gold

Just received an email from Rails with their deal of the week, Hornby King with digital sound reduced from £209 to £109.

No interest to me but sounds like a good deal.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

So Bachmann is selling them on to retailers to clear stock. I would emphatically not use the term "bargain" in this case. The original asking price was pushing the envelope.Let' s be kind and say the envelope has undergone a tiny shrinkage.There's a good deal of new release around that offers far better bangs for your buck than this and no shortage of takers for it I imagine.Before I would even raise an eyebrow on this one it would need to fall below £100,

Below a £100.. wow.

Have to admit I've bought mine for below £100, but rrp on Giggleswick and Sir Frank Ree are also £164, seen discounted at £140, and to date neither appealed at the price either, despite the patriot being a fantastic model.

Not sure we'll see a sub £100 Patriot soon however.

Only 1 black one made to date as a limited edition, if it isn't selling, there's little incentive for others to be produced, I wonder how the limited edition of 45551 "The Unknown Warrior" will sell next year and if it lifts interest in them when 45551 first steams, though the race is on if they want it finished in 2018.

• RMweb Gold

Our local brantano show shop is closing down (as are all of them) they are selling off all the fittings, picked up a couple of plastic storage boxes for £3 a piece

03080944-82BE-4CCE-AA15-F66755DD7FBB.jpg

My eldest has already relocated one for all his PlayStation stuff and consoles in his room

01F98321-0161-4A2C-BC44-120F667740B3.jpg

Loads of other fittings in there too, shelving, racking etc, also clear Perspex shoe stands for 50p which to me would make a nice n gauge viaduct/bridge base

Dapol shop still have some reworked 68's for £100 Scottrail and Chiltern Railways.

Other items

Reworked 73's in most liverys for £90.

Signals for £2.50 motors not working but LEDS work ok.

Also noticed with the OO gauge stock was some OO gauge class 56's in Railfreight grey for £45.

• RMweb Premium

The local Works bookshop has some of those Haynes "Workshop" Manuals about various subjects. (Tiger tank, Zombie Apocalypse etc!)

For the first time I spotted the London Underground one amongst the pile.

Only £6 against a cover price of £22.50. IMHO Worth buying at that price.

As the stock seems to vary considerably from branch to branch, they may have been in your local one before but the first time AFAIK in mine!

Cheers

Keith

Dapol shop still have some reworked 68's for £100 Scottrail and Chiltern Railways.

Other items

Reworked 73's in most liverys for £90.

Signals for £2.50 motors not working but LEDS work ok.

Also noticed with the OO gauge stock was some OO gauge class 56's in Railfreight grey for £45.

Presumably the 73's were OO also ? Can't see any of the items mentioned in Dapol shop...special offers perhaps...? Didn't know Dapol even made 'OO' 56's...?

Edit: Do you mean shop as opposed to online shop ? Again, didn't know there was one...

• RMweb Gold

Presumably the 73's were OO also ? Can't see any of the items mentioned in Dapol shop...special offers perhaps...? Didn't know Dapol even made 'OO' 56's...?

Edit: Do you mean shop as opposed to online shop ? Again, didn't know there was one...

yes the physical shop in chirk, i got a 73 the other week

• RMweb Gold

Below a £100.. wow.

Have to admit I've bought mine for below £100, but rrp on Giggleswick and Sir Frank Ree are also £164, seen discounted at £140, and to date neither appealed at the price either, despite the patriot being a fantastic model.

Not sure we'll see a sub £100 Patriot soon however.

Only 1 black one made to date as a limited edition, if it isn't selling, there's little incentive for others to be produced, I wonder how the limited edition of 45551 "The Unknown Warrior" will sell next year and if it lifts interest in them when 45551 first steams, though the race is on if they want it finished in 2018.

Patriot below £100?

My father recently showed me his Hornby Railroad Patriot, (£65 from Hattons).These days his pension doesn't stretch to the main Hornby range and he prefers the harder wearing Railroad range.

I was very impressed.  A little time spent augmenting the model with various bits and bobs from the spares box would give a really nice layout model (although it needs a bit of weight to improve haulage capacity)

Admittedly, it wouldn't stand close scrutiny in a display cabinet.  But you pay your money, and take your pick!

​Steve

Archived