Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

According to TfL, Barking is in zone 4 for travel card purposes.

By my reckonin' that puts China in zone 12,497 how much for a day travelcard?

Best off getting a single mate. You won't be able to make a return trip in a day.

• RMweb Premium

Best off getting a single mate. You won't be able to make a return trip in a day.

I'd bunk on with no ticket.  Not much chance of a ticket inspector on a freight train :)

• RMweb Gold

I like the idea too, but it isn't clear what you get - is it just the tube or also the frame that it goes in?

The blurb says "Show off your model train collection and protect them at the same time with out exclusive train model perspex display case. Our train display cases protect your model trains while the clear perspex and mirror back allow you to view your model trains from every angle."

I'm assuming its just the perspex tube and feet. Only when reading it does it say it has a 'mirror back' in it. Can't really see it but a good way potentially of displaying trains.

I like the idea too, but it isn't clear what you get - is it just the tube or also the frame that it goes in?

And how big is it - the only dimension they give you is a weight of 2.0l (yes, they appear to use litres for weight!)

• RMweb Gold

I was in the LTMuseum shop yesterday, looking at exactly this...

It is the tube only, not the stock, didn't see any Bachman Thompson's there yesterday (indeed I saw no coaches at all).

Dapols Western Buccaneer at the LTMuseum shop was on offer at £75 again though.

I did pop by Hamleys too, they had 12 Dodos on special offer at £69.. (only kidding.. calm down ;-)

They did have a lot of Hornby Thompson's in that oak effect livery, but passed on them.

Sadly of all the busy areas of Hamleys, the Hornby corner wasn't.

• RMweb Gold

And how big is it - the only dimension they give you is a weight of 2.0l (yes, they appear to use litres for weight!)

From the picture it looks like it is a bit longer than the 4 car S stock set, can't find dimensions for a 4 car set but I'd guess at the tube being 4 foot long?

A tube in a tube. Nice. However, on reflection... one hundred and twenty (was one hundred and fifty) of your English pounds for a bit of perspex. Hmm. Still, in the absence of a "You paid HOW much???" thread, Bargain Hunters is perhaps the best place for it.

Railway books.

There is a fantastic collection of railway books at a very good price at the British Heart Foundation shop at 80-94 London Road in Headington, Oxford.

A real variety, including all the BRILL annuals and specials.

I think this is the discounted old price of £134.99 prior to Hornby upping their RRP to £169.99. Most other shops have altered their discount price accordingly. If Colletts are doing this model for this price, it's an absolute bargain.

• RMweb Gold

called in c+m models in carlisle this week, mike has a load of ex Hornby concession stock on sale, the one that caught my eye was a drax 60 for IIRC £119, there was also an ews 67 around the £100 mark and a tts green 40 for £70ish (sorry the prices are a BIT vague but im sure pretty close with what i remember seeing)

other stuff i saw but never really noted the price of as they didnt interest me included lime regis train packs, heritage rail express (DoG and 3 mk1s), sentinel shunter, cock of the north

im sure mike could let us know what he has (if he has time and is allowed to!)

• RMweb Premium

I'm not on Facebook but page comes up fine on my PC.

I just get a load of posts with "private message me for prices"

If you haven't got Facebook how do you private message?

Keith

I just get a load of posts with "private message me for prices"

If you haven't got Facebook how do you private message?

Keith

Join facebook.

I am getting really annoyed by people who moan when not being a member of facebook inconveniences them. If you do not join facebook through your own choice then accept that it is your decision to be inconvenienced, and not someone else's problem to fix for you.

Archived