Bachmann Cl 70

secretsquirrel

To be fair mate, I dont see anything wrong with doing just that!. You pay Freightliner their cash then its ours to do what you wish with it. You somebody has no sense on ebay and wants to pay twice what you paid great!, you get a to keep one for yourself and spend the profit on anyother model, everyone is happy.

From what I hear 70012 has been dropped onto Newport Dockside!. The crane strap(s) snapped and dropped the locomotive!. Thankfully no injuries to dockworkers.

Bluebird.

Mine arrived today, ordered it about a week ago so no complaints from me, I won't be selling it but I too don't see anything wrong in selling it on for a profit. If people are prepared to buy it at an extra cost more fool them..

Cheers

I ordered 2 0n the 30th December and both turned up today numbers 429 and 447.

Yes I am intending to put one on Ebay but biding and not buy now. I will however put a reserve on to cover my cost of buying the loco.

Have to say it is a cracking model

Andy

Ordered another with my Christmas money on Christmas Day and it arrived this morning, LE certificate number 261. The earlier LE certificate number was 410, so they are not being dispatched in numerical order.

The box is a bit battered but the loco runs superbly unlike the Hornby Class 67 that arrived at the same time. At maximum speed, the 67 performs more like a super shunter rather than a 125 mph main line loco. Is there a thread anywhere that gives details or suggestions of how the low maximum speed of the Hornby 67 can be improved?

• RMweb Premium

Well after placing my order Tuesday (4-1-11) with Freightliner, my Plug sorry Class 70 has arrived safe and sound this morning (7-1-11)

Even before taking her from the box its a 100% thumbs up and WOW for the quick dispatch, really well packaged and outstanding service from Freightliner.

Even though im an N gauge modeller who models early to late 90s i still had to have 1 for the display cabinet. Seen 001 quite a few times last year (good working on the Railway at Rugby) Rugby has been a stomping ground for 70s in the past few months on liner trails, and after chasing her around in the late summer of last year i have a lovely photograph to accompany the model too.

I think they sound pretty awesome, and you certainly know when one is approaching but cannot actually see the loco!!! Makes a change from YING'ing tongue.gif

Need some OO Track now, and maybe a sound chip??????? cool.gif

Absolutely beautiful model, thumbs up to Bachmann on this one

Cheers, Anthony

Hi

Yes looks like a great model. Now I have 2 options here I can write to freightliner to get the info or hopefully someone on here will know.

In post #200 newbryford has posted 2 pictures of the lights on the steps and the red lights on the side. I plan to add these. The amount of lighting functions are no problem I can add a second decoder or a third if needed. What I am hoping somebody will know the other lighting configurations or what other lights can be added and what is the day/night configuration.

I will also add sound but as pointed out I shall wait until it is established whether Zimo/loksound are the best.

So if you have any photos of extra lights cab lights cab instruments etc I would love to see them.

Cheers

Martin

• RMweb Premium

What I am hoping somebody will know the other lighting configurations or what other lights can be added and what is the day/night configuration.

This pic shows the day configuration. Night settings are the opposite - right hand head/left hand marker as you view the front.

The upper marker lights are also the red taillights.

Red tail lights on a 70

HTH,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Do we have any news yet when the standard Bachmann models 70003 & 70006 are due??? Im surprised they havent been released already seeing that the Freightliner Exclusive ones arrived in the country almost a month ago now!!!!

Bachmann site says in the next 60 days, that could be anytime, in the next 60 days ;)

I wonder if the deal with Freightliner is that the production run for general retail is not released until the Freightliner L/E is sold out.

That would be a reasonable deal seeing as they have helped with the production of this model.

Saw two of the real thing today at Willesden 001 and 007, these two were spotless.

Also found a picture of 70012:

http://www.freakingn...ages/banana.jpg

Seriously though, crane safety is a real issue. Whilst failures are rare, it is testament to the dock managers that the lifting area was clear and (AFAIK) no-one was injured or worse.

N

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if the deal with Freightliner is that the production run for general retail is not released until the Freightliner L/E is sold out.

That would be a reasonable deal seeing as they have helped with the production of this model.

Doubt it, there may have been an agreement to hold back the production run for a month or so, but what happens if Freightliner never sell the last one :O

Doubt it, there may have been an agreement to hold back the production run for a month or so, but what happens if Freightliner never sell the last one :O

On the basis of this thread and presence of models on e-bay, it would appear that they are going well!

I guess they'll arrive when they arrive!

N

Archived