Bachmann Cl 70

secretsquirrel

I got this email this evening from Freightliner advising they have some more 70001`s for sale.

A limited amount of Special edition PowerHaul 70001 oo guage models are left for sale.

Models will be on sale from Freightliner's online shop from 10:00, 12.05.11.

Will will also be selling PowerHaul 70006 models

Freightliner shop now takes payment from outside the UK.

www.freightliner.co.uk/en/shop/

Go get em ;)

I got this email this evening from Freightliner advising they have some more 70001`s for sale.

A limited amount of Special edition PowerHaul 70001 oo guage models are left for sale.

Models will be on sale from Freightliner's online shop from 10:00, 12.05.11.

Will will also be selling PowerHaul 70006 models

Freightliner shop now takes payment from outside the UK.

www.freightliner.co.uk/en/shop/

Go get em ;)

Now available here @ £120 http://www.freightliner.co.uk/en/shop/product/powerhaul-model-70001-limited-edition/

• RMweb Gold

...added to my basket on Friday.....payment by PayPal done.....amount of £120.01 (yep, an additional 1p!!) pending on credit card...awaiting confirmation of shipping or arrival of package :)

• RMweb Gold

...Postie has just delivered 70001 with certificate 030.

Postie noticed the Freightliner logo on the parcel and said "more trains!!!". We chatted and turns out that he worked on the mail trains out of Dover for many years!!!

Keith

• 6 months later...

I have just had an email from Freightliner informing me that they still have 10 Bachmann Class 70 Limited Editions at a reduced price (well back to the orginal) of £99.99 inc postage.

I would imagine this will be the last chance for anyone to grab themselves a Intermodal 70 001....

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, just managed to pick up a Class 70 at Model Rail Scotland this week.

However, I'm having massive difficulty trying to open the loco up to put a decoder into it. I can't get access to the screws which seem overly tight and I'm afraid of damaging the bogies, the body and shredding the screw heads.

Any ideas how to get into this loco safely?

Make sure the screwdriver shaft is long enough to reach the screws without the handle hitting the bogie. Keep at it - i had the same problem and there is no other way to do it either.

I have also clamped the screwdriver in a pair of pliers to get a good turn, as sweaty hands are no good!

Paul

• 7 months later...

Two more Class 70's announced by Bachmann according to Hattons,

31-587DC - 70004 (DCC On-board)

31-588 - 70005 (Weathered)

That's 70001 to 70006 complete !!

Due to problems getting the sound fitted one working. Thats cancelled for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Surprised no one has resprayed one all over green, applied some wonky white numbers on it and flogged it on Ebay at several times the going rate yet!!!

Does 70099 have the detail differences that the later 70s have? I wonder will Bachmann alter their tooling to cater for these differences in the future.

• RMweb Premium

As far as I am aware the major visible difference between the first ones and the later ones (including 70099) is the removal of the cabside crease which is modelled by Bachmann making their model at the moment only suitable for the first six.

I fully expect to see Bachmann do a creaseless version next year and whatever livery 70099 eventually ventures out in will almost certainly be the target for an Ebay Capet Baggers special Limited Edition... :butcher:

• 2 years later...

Hello

Was there an indication in the recent Bachmann Times about the speculation in the railway press (I think a recent BRM), that the Class 70/8s could be released later this year? The website has no scheduled information.

The Bachmann Times says the 70/8 is in the drawing room.

So, livery detail and the extra box on the side.

You'd think that wouldn't take long...... Without being negative I imagine you're in for a long wait.

Double, triple check livery, CAD the fan housing, get a production slot in with all the other stuff infront of it etc.....

I'll put my money on this time next year. 50p.

• RMweb Premium

The Bachmann Times says the 70/8 is in the drawing room.

So, livery detail and the extra box on the side.

Don't forget the filled in cabside crease.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived