The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Please help settle an argument...

This is a T-shirt that my Wife brought for our son a couple of weeks ago, and since then, we haven't been able to decide who the driver on the left is (the other two are obviously Hamilton and Button)...:

281933_2287967037038_1184797551_32768164_1599424_n.jpg

I don't think you can read alot into the advertising on their suits as they and the helmets seem a bit ficticious, and are probably a copyright and royalty dodge by the manufacturers. Any ideas...?

• RMweb Gold

Noel Edmunds....well he used to be into mini racing (got his pic & autograph years ago at the Peterborough Showground).

He certainly tried some senior forms of motorsport, and owned, possibly still does, an iconic Ford GT40. We last saw him in the small hours at Le Mans (1997?) where he was helping the pitcrew of a particular team.

I saw him in the dark blue GT40 a couple of years ago. His first marriage was to a mutual friend. Another Essex Boy - I'm sorry to say. Bought up in Gidea Park went to Brentwood School. Was that the late Steve O'Rourke's car, Ian?

Best, Pete.

He certainly tried some senior forms of motorsport, and owned, possibly still does, an iconic Ford GT40. We last saw him in the small hours at Le Mans (1997?) where he was helping the pitcrew of a particular team.

Panoz..?

• RMweb Gold

I saw him in the dark blue GT40 a couple of years ago. His first marriage was to a mutual friend. Another Essex Boy - I'm sorry to say. Bought up in Gidea Park went to Brentwood School. Was that the late Steve O'Rourke's car, Ian?

I think the lady was called Gill? Not every marriage survives that level of public acclaim and success.

Can't be sure re the team he was with. Panoz has been suggested, and that is the right era, certainly. They made a wonderful noise with their Ford V8 - even if convention said it was at the wrong end of the car!