RMweb

MRA wagons

DapolDave

Hi chaps,

Here's an update on the MRA wagons that come with a large slice of humble pie.

The Network Rail ones should be in the Med by now and up until yesterday I understood this to be the case, as China had been quiet and not answered me.

Yesterday they did, and have , let's just say slightly annoyed me, with their late answer. This answer is this........

They delayed shipping because the product wasn't made due to the cast zinc weights not being the correct size. New ones would have to be made.

Let me assure you this is all news to me and I am not happy but sorry none the less for giving out bad Gen! Apologies.

As for the Metronet version.......it will still be done but I have temporarily swapped it for another Network Rail (yellow) run with different numbers.

It was brought upon because we found our licence with TFL had expired and we need to re-apply and while this takes a little time I can squeeze the 5th run in as the 4th run (if you follow).

Cheers and sorry once again

Dave

So Dave do we know yet what impact this has on the delivery date for this first load ?

Anthony

Hi Dave,

Shame to hear that your supplier has let you down, but it's better to have them right rather than not at all. Glad to read that the Metronet livery will be available, makes me happy - but as I'm modelling a Network rail depot the extra numbering on a yellow NR set is also an added bonus. Definitely keep up the good work :)

Cheers

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm that the MRA's are currently OBS (on board ship) and arrive in the UK on the the 15th August.

Typically the shipment missed the ship it was booked onto because of a customs check.

So if the 15th is correct, expect them in the shops about a week later.

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

cheers

Dave

So that gives me a couple of days to weather them up for a first outing (Railex NE)

Cheers,

Mick

Very much looking forward to receiving my set of these. The photos, reviews and descriptions promise much. Hopefully, they should just be in time for the Worthing MRE on 15th and 16th September! Question is will they fit onto an 8' scenic section...we'll have to wait and see!

YE HA .... I can't wait..... so Dave when are the next versions comming .... :-)

Can I ask are Dapol planning an up to date rail crane or Tampers ? as this is something else that I think there would be a demand for.

Edited by Anthony566

Can I ask are Dapol planning an up to date rail crane or Tampers ? as this is something else that I think there would be a demand for.

If they were it would have been announced in their catalogue which is only just about to hit retailers' shelves. Hopefully we can have (at least) 12 months without people asking them if they're going to do something they haven't announced.

• Like 6

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm that the MRA's are currently OBS (on board ship) and arrive in the UK on the the 15th August.

Typically the shipment missed the ship it was booked onto because of a customs check.

cheers

Dave

This is excellent news DD. My wallet is bursting with anticipation :), I do hope you have a good holiday.

Cheers

Craig

P.S. You mentioned earlier in the thread that the turn-around for the later liveries would be 6-8 weeks after each previous batch, with the delays is this still the case or can it be expected to take longer i.e. 10weeks?

The production will go as follows

First. NR yellow

Second NR blue/grey

Third rail track blue/grey

Fourth (provisionally) metro net yellow.

There will be 6-8 weeks between batches as production is tight in China but I hope as they get used to production things will speed up.

Dave,

Does the delay delivering the Network Rail yellow versions mean that all subsequent versions are also delayed or is the timing of the subsequent batches still in line with your earlier post? It doesn't matter too much, but I'm curious as to whether I should expect the Network Rail Blue / Grey version in August / September or some time in mid October (ie 6-8 weeks after the first batch hit the shops.

Regards

David

Hi Dave and Tase,

Not on holiday yet although I'm winding down for it.

Incidentally please note that I'm pretty much away for the whole month of August from the 2nd onwards so I'd appreciate any who read this to let others know who might post here or mail me at work but don't get an expedient answer :-) cheers

Anyway, to answer the question, they have all been pushed back accordingly because of the N.R. Yellow ones taking space etc.

What I can confirm is that I received a mail today from China indicating that it was all systems go on the blue/grey N.R. Ones now.

Hope this helps

Dave

• Like 3

Hi Dave and Tase,

Not on holiday yet although I'm winding down for it.

Incidentally please note that I'm pretty much away for the whole month of August from the 2nd onwards so I'd appreciate any who read this to let others know who might post here or mail me at work but don't get an expedient answer :-) cheers

Start a New Thread, about your Hols and get AndyY to make it a sticky till september??

Edited by andygif

Just to keep the thread going until the long awaited arrival of the MRA's in August. There were 6 sets at South Hinksey yard in Oxford this afternoon. One NR yellow and the others Blue/Grey with NR markings, all loaded up and ready for work. Of interest there were also 3 Seacow's next to the ballast heap. The EWS liveried one, mostly held together by rust, had some graffitti next to the sign saying broken door in chalk saying 'Why on earth in the 21st centuary do we have to use these Hoppers they are XXX?' Quite poinient when next to the MRA's!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stirring the froth. Email from a well known retailer today:

We thought you may like to know that an item you have on order with us, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Dapol Model Railways B859A MRA side-tipping ballast train. 5 car unit with generator vehicle. Network Rail grey/blue livery. Pristine

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Friday 24th August 2012.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I got the same email Mick although I presume that they mean the NR yellow rather than the blue/grey version which I understood to be the next iteration?

T.

Hi Tase, I think you're right. Whichever it is, it's worth waiting for.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I'm now confused!?!

Dave has given us the following info in post #87 :

First - Network Rail yellow

Second - Network Rail blue/grey

Third - Railtrack blue/grey

Fourth - (provisionally) Metronet yellow.

Based on my pre orders placed at a well known establishment in Liverpool my MRA set ref B859A in Network Rail grey/blue should now be with me sometime after 24 August. There is no news yet on my MRA set ref B859A in Network Rail yellow but as these are the retailers own 'weathered' version I guess it will be quite some time before these are ready for despatch.

It does seem strange to me however that both the versions I have on order have the same reference number whereas the standard Network Rail yellow version has the reference B859D.

Looking at various retailers websites most show the following info :

B859A Network Rail - no indication of livery

B859B Railtrack - Grey/Blue

B859C Network Rail - Metronet Yellow

B859D Network Rail - Yellow

I don't think anyone has got the definitive answer - or have they?

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Hattons have slipped up on previous occasions on catalogue/liveries/runnning numbers before the stock actaully arrives in the shop (Hornby Northern 153 for example). I reckon the yellow ones will be first. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

I was slightly confused over this when I recieved the email earlier as well. I had based my preorder on the yellow NR livery coming in. hopefully this is the case and they realise this when starting to send out and forfill the preorders