MRA wagons

DapolDave

John,

I believe that the five-wagon set is around 1.2 metres (4') in length.

However I would like to know how they are coupled together, or more precisely, how easy it is to separate the wagons for transit. I'm hoping for a push fit connection rather than having to screw each bar connection together, which will make assembly of a rake on the club layout rather time consuming.

Regards

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dave was describing the intermediate coupling between wagons as a "vertically aligned knuckle" that simply clips onto a cross bar. So it should be easy to assemble/disassemble a rake of these fine looking wagons. He also confirmed that the main batch was OBS and are due in the UK in the next 21-28 days, with a few more days to process the orders to retailers.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Trying to prepare my confused wallet (to cope with the boatload of Bachmann goodies , MLV, MK2's, Mk1's, HTA, AB vans, bolsters etc that they've decide to deliver all at the same time !!!)............ :O

Does anyone know for certain EXACTLY what MRA's are being delivered in this batch please :no:

Edited by Southernman46

Hi Southernman46,

The production will go as follows

First. NR yellow

Second NR blue/grey

Third rail track blue/grey

Fourth (provisionally) metro net yellow.

There will be 6-8 weeks between batches as production is tight in China but I hope as they get used to production things will speed up.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Saw a few MRA's at Tonbridge West yard earlier today.

The rake on the right appears to be 2 x 5 sets, however the middle road is 8 wagons and the left road is 7 wagons - with a generator on either end...

post-408-0-32568100-1340488332_thumb.jpg

Is there any reason for this?

Cheers,

Mick

EDIT: Looks like this may be the entire fleet of GBRf/Metronet MRA's......... (25 in total)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

Having only come back to model railways over the past 18 months and gone head first into DCC products like these just add to the amazing changes that have and continue to be delivered to the RTR market keep it up Dapol.....

I have just ordered 2sets of these and will also order 2 sets of the grey sets when they are released.

• Like 1

Hi Topsyde,

Soon, very soon.

They are currently on a ship, and have been for a while now.

Unfortunately I don't have he shipping details to hand, sorry

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, good to know they are on the way. I've noticed the Metronet livery s marked as provincially. Havingpurchased the Model Rail metronet branded 66 I'd very much like to see that livery produced, but of course I guess sale-ability would dictate the 4th set. Have you made the final decision on that set?

• RMweb Gold

I'm with you on this one Topsyde - having purchased the Metronet Cl.66 have placed an order for the Metronet MRAs with my local dealer so just hope that Dapol produce the Metronet livery variation.

If Dapol decide not to proceed wonder if Model Rail will commission a run.....

Keith

I'm with you on this one Topsyde - having purchased the Metronet Cl.66 have placed an order for the Metronet MRAs with my local dealer so just hope that Dapol produce the Metronet livery variation.

If Dapol decide not to proceed wonder if Model Rail will commission a run.....

Keith

Agreed that could be a good option - I think with the time spent getting the model right as they appear Dapol would be missing out if they didnt provide more liveries or runningnumbers in future. Still the first ones have to arrive yet ;)

Hi chaps,

Here's an update on the MRA wagons that come with a large slice of humble pie.

The Network Rail ones should be in the Med by now and up until yesterday I understood this to be the case, as China had been quiet and not answered me.

Yesterday they did, and have , let's just say slightly annoyed me, with their late answer. This answer is this........

They delayed shipping because the product wasn't made due to the cast zinc weights not being the correct size. New ones would have to be made.

Let me assure you this is all news to me and I am not happy but sorry none the less for giving out bad Gen! Apologies.

As for the Metronet version.......it will still be done but I have temporarily swapped it for another Network Rail (yellow) run with different numbers.

It was brought upon because we found our licence with TFL had expired and we need to re-apply and while this takes a little time I can squeeze the 5th run in as the 4th run (if you follow).

Cheers and sorry once again

Dave

• Like 3

It was brought upon because we found our licence with TFL had expired and we need to re-apply and while this takes a little time I can squeeze the 5th run in as the 4th run (if you follow).

Cheers and sorry once again

Dave

Which just goes to show some of the complex issues involved in model making when people get upset about xyz model not being available/late

Paul