MRA wagons

DapolDave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

panic yee not, as all is in hand. :locomotive:

I have examined the packaging for these ver the last couple of days and this is basically fine but for a few minor tweeks.

China are sending me some pictures this week of the production line in full swing so if they are any good i'll post them here for you to look at.

Other than that, i think they will sip by 2-3 weeks into mid May, but not far to go now. Oh and i have the instructions to write too :rtfm: lol

If they have been removed from the Hattons webite i cannot imagine why, so please dont read anything into it our end.

Cheers

Dave

Where are the wagons as they have been removed from the Hatton's web site give us an update please Dave?

Pete

Hi Pete,

They haven't been removed from the Hattons website.....you either have to type the product code (b859) or MRA in the search box and voila they're there!

T.

Hi everyone,

panic yee not, as all is in hand. :locomotive:

I have examined the packaging for these ver the last couple of days and this is basically fine but for a few minor tweeks.

China are sending me some pictures this week of the production line in full swing so if they are any good i'll post them here for you to look at.

Other than that, i think they will sip by 2-3 weeks into mid May, but not far to go now. Oh and i have the instructions to write too :rtfm: lol

If they have been removed from the Hattons webite i cannot imagine why, so please dont read anything into it our end.

Cheers

Dave

awesome thanks for the update Dave, looking forward to seeing these in the... flesh or metal so to speak!

Hi guys,

Quick update.

The MRA wagons are a couple of days from completion and the box is currently in the air for my final approval.

Once this is approved its about a week for the production of the box and 30 days shipping.

So it looks like late May here in time for DEMU (probably).

Sorry to give the news, and I'd normally air freight them over but the weight is prohibitive so it's sea freight for these.

Cheers Dave

• Like 3

Hi guys,

Quick update.

The MRA wagons are a couple of days from completion and the box is currently in the air for my final approval.

Once this is approved its about a week for the production of the box and 30 days shipping.

So it looks like late May here in time for DEMU (probably).

Sorry to give the news, and I'd normally air freight them over but the weight is prohibitive so it's sea freight for these.

Cheers Dave

Dave,

which liveries will be in this first batch?

Ian_B

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested to know this to, as I understand it there are (hopefully) 4 liveries in total to be released over time?

Dave, are you able to respond please?

Edited by Tase

Hi chaps,

The first sets made are the Network Rail Yellow versions.

Second should be the rail track blue/grey but with Network Rail branding.

Now an advance word of caution to purchasers.

These models, because of the fidelity of the added parts (etched chassis side parts, drop down doors etc) these are quite fragile so utmost caution needs to be undertaken when removing from the tray.

They can also be a bit fiddle to adjust and fit the "tipping" feature on a wagon.

So just a note to let you know it's not a design fault, merely trying to give features that might be apprecited.

I know that I cannot wait to see the first weathered one on a layout as it should look glorious.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the detailed response....I for one can't wait for these (I've preordered one of each livery just to be greedy).

Does this mean that they are still on schedule for release this month?

Cheers

Hi Tase,

If I'm to be honest me being away this last week hasn't helped this model, as the box for my approval has been sitting on my desk since Tuesday.

Once I see it and hopefully approve it this coming Tuesday, then it's a week for box production, and about 6 weeks in transit to us at Dapol (including by sea and a week by road).

Not good but I hope it's worth the wait for everyone

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave,

Really looking forward to these. Although my credit card isn't.............

Can you confirm the door types for the first two releases please?

Am I right in thinking that the yellow ones have the large flat side door and the blue/grey with Network Rail branding will have the earlier low door with the extension as fitted post-2003?

The modifications were discussed earlier in this thread.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I cannot wait to see the first weathered one on a layout as it should look glorious.

I am really looking forward to the MRAs. I am wondering if there are any photos of the weathered variants? If not, maybe some indication as to if the weathering is similar to the earlier JNA examples, or maybe different again?

Also, am I correct in that the weathered models are only appearing in Network Rail yellow and also Railtrack grey/blue liveries? I was hoping for Network Rail grey/blue weathered, or maybe I am missing something?

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

My word vicar, thats a long one!!!

seriously though, these 3 sets from the production line are in the air as i type (i checked the flight numbers) and will debut at the DEMU show next weekend.

Production is in full swing right now as well with an OBS shipping promised in a few weeks.

cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-20997700-1338146499_thumb.jpg

• Like 8