Model Rail Live 2011

dibber25

It has been suggested that I should start a thread for this year's Model Rail Live, which is now just three weeks away.

Full details at

www.modelraillive.co.uk

A late addition to the programme of events will allow visitors to walk through the Brighton Belle workshop, where motor parlour thirds 88 and 91 are being re-engineered for main line operation.

Note also, that tickets for the direct train connection from Chesterfield station into the show, will be available on the day.

CHRIS LEIGH

Brighton Belle workshop, where motor parlour thirds 88 and 91 are being re-engineered for main line operation.

I won't be able to make the event unfortunately, but I'll make an early appeal for lots of photos of these cars inside and out!

• RMweb Gold

Note also, that tickets for the direct train connection from Chesterfield station into the show, will be available on the day.

That's not what the website says. Can you also clarify whether, in view of the train shuttle service, the heritage bus shuttle from Chesterfield station is still operating this year?

• RMweb Premium

Not quite sure

Also present will be my delightful colleagues Mr John Norton and Mr Simon George. We look forward to seeing you.

I've never heard John described as "delightful" before........... :angel:

I'll be there with New Bryford and compatriots. :crazy:

Cheers,

Mick

That's not what the website says. Can you also clarify whether, in view of the train shuttle service, the heritage bus shuttle from Chesterfield station is still operating this year?

The bus service will be operating and my comment about the train service is what I was told yesterday, so it supercedes whatever is on the website.

CHRIS LEIGH

I won't be able to make the event unfortunately, but I'll make an early appeal for lots of photos of these cars inside and out!

There's not a lot of detail left inside them at present as they have been stripped except for one guard's compartment and cab. Nevertheless the work which has taken place is well worth seeing.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Although it's still listed as "Blackburn & East Lancs" on the website - that's my club - NB is privately owned.

Cheers,

Mick

Despite two or three emails, this still hasn't been amended on the website. :banghead:

Mick

Hi All

After having 2 of my layouts at BELMRS show last weekend am now sorting out and dusting off cobwebs and doing few minor repairs to Dartmouth for Kingswear which is at the show next week.

Will be running mainly with diesels but will be the odd couple of steamers running.

Looking forward to it and hope to see many RMWeb members there.

post-6915-0-03329200-1315389627.jpg

post-6915-0-73799700-1315389634.jpg

post-6915-0-00328700-1315389641.jpg

post-6915-0-75239800-1315389646.jpg

Me and mini me are having a 'lads' day out on the Sunday and we're really looking forward to it, a mixture of models and the real thing, what could be better !?

Would like to put some names to faces and say hello to fellow RMwebbers in attendance so whos going and what you looking forward to ??

Sandhills & Mini Sandhills look a bit like this !!

post-6667-0-01754700-1315940648.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

"Horseley Fields", the layout produced by the N Gauge Society Northants and Cambs group, will be there. The layout depicts a suburban location somewhere in the black country with a small station, rail served steel terminal and a derelict canal basin with abandoned warehouse that is heavlily influenced by Wolverhampton.

We will be running a selection of trains suitable for post 2005 operations.

The line is largely on a viaduct built using Scalescenes components downloaded and printed:

post-420-0-11970400-1315946283_thumb.jpg

The steel terminal features working doors and a moving crane; this image was taken at the NGS AGM in May and since then it has been painted, fitted with a roof and the entire area has been ballasted and given scenic treatment.

post-420-0-11055900-1315946334_thumb.jpg

The only area that remains unfinished is the station car park at the other end of the layout.

I believe several other members of the group dip into RM Web from time to time; feel free to come and say hello.

cheers

Ben A.

Archived