Spalding MRC Exhibition 12th/13th November

Piskey

Can't see that anyone's posted anything about this yet, so here's something!

Should be a good show (as usual - or so I'm told) with plenty of variety in layouts.

Spalding will see the last outing for Penhallick, Mel Rees and Jerry Winterson's magnificent 56' long model based on the North Cornwall Line near Delabole (that I've been lucky enough to be allowed to help operate) as after this exhibition it is being retired from the circuit to a permanent home in Epsom, so if you haven't seen it and want to, this is your last chance! Or if you have, and you want to see it one more time, you know what to do. Treneglos will also be there, another layout based on the North Cornwall Line, this time near Tresmeer.

The list of Layouts due to be there is:

Kingston Regis OO9 gauge

Gresley Beat OO Gauge

Waitawhyle N Gauge

Penhallick OO Gauge

Hassell Harbour Bridge O Gauge

Lytton CPR N Gauge

Treneglos OO Gauge

Nine Mills N Gauge

Rivendell O-16.5

Grumstick & Dipplewick O/OO Gauge

Avondown Riverside G scale

Romley Midland OO Gauge

Stoke Summit OO Gauge

Harriston N Gauge

Dragonby N Gauge

Wintertown OO/N Gauge

Ardgohin OO Gauge

New Hadon Colliery EM Gauge

Felled Oaks N Gauge

Nevermoor Z Gauge

Cornard OO Gauge

Aberdare OO Gauge

Sheep Pasture P4

Grandad's Trains 3-rail O Gauge

Two Sisters Farm 1/32 scale narrow Gauge

Bw Lutzen Ost German N gauge

Sparkel HO gauge

Tgauge Scale 1.450

Bolsover and Seven Lane Pit OO gauge

Grove Dale N gauge

Prospect Wharf & Yard EM gauge

Guestup St Anne O-16.5 (7mm scale NG)

Alston 2mm scale N gauge

Billingham N gauge

Penrhos OO gauge

Full details of the exhibition are at: http://www.spaldingm...exhibition.html

• 1 month later...

Cardiff 4mm Group will be taking their venerable Aberdare Taff Vale layout. It's been around since 1996 but we keep on getting invites (we now have an EM Taff Vale layout called Ynysybwl - pronounced ernis-er-bull - which is going to Southampton, Preston, York, Warley next year and Wigan 2014).

Looking at the 'All Star' line up of layouts, this has to be a cracker!!!.

This will seal Spaldings reputation as 'The Best Quality Show' in the East of England, simply put THE BEST EVER.

Looking forward to having a brilliant time at the show, two weeks and counting.

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the 'All Star' line up of layouts, this has to be a cracker!!!.

This will seal Spaldings reputation as 'The Best Quality Show' in the East of England, simply put THE BEST EVER.

Looking forward to having a brilliant time at the show, two weeks and counting.

Any new Southern steam books to part me with some cash Charlie?

Yes a pair of strange typos :scratch_one-s_head_mini: .

As the owner of Sheep Pasture I can confirm I will be bringing my 4mm/P4 layout to the show. Please come and have a chat.

Here is a photo to wet the apetite.

post-6970-0-40285600-1320100808_thumb.jpg

Some of this years layouts are the best on the circuit, don't miss the best quality show in the East of England.

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to this show as will be getting to grips once more with the dark arts of DCC and Hornby's Railmaster (including the yet to be released use of Palms for wireless control) on Mike Wild's Hornby Magazine layout Bolsover and Seven pit lane.

There will be a whole aisle of layouts that have featured in Hornby Magazine; including Treneglos and Penhallick bringing bits of the withered arm to the show.

• RMweb Premium

Just finished finding and checking the stock for TG - loco and train count confirms we can fill all 12 fiddle yard roads. Amazing how things can get spread around during a house extension. Also amazing the things I've found in the process......

• RMweb Premium

Well, there's a big pile of Treneglos downstairs in the kitchen waiting for John to arrive with the van....wonder where he is??? Probably arrive at Spalding to set up around 4ish. Will we beat the New Haden boys there? Watch this space to find out.....

(Now I wonder what I've not packed......?)

go on Mickey comr and see us. You know it makes sense.

Well the van and John turned up, we're loaded and have just made it through Nottingham.

Yes! but you aint got through Grantham mate,unless of course you have more sense and are using the A17. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Arrived at 4 and took our time setting up. We're sandwiched between Mike and Muz on the Hornby Mag layout and the Stafford mob on New Haden. I can see there being some quality banter this weekend!

Had a quick look around the 2 halls and there's some cracking layouts here. Going to be a good show.

Archived