MrWhippyO

• 1 month later...

Right people, after starting a new job (working for Tesco now) and changes at college and at home I am FINALLY getting the layout back out, I have loads of bits I want changed that I've decided could be done better so over the next few weeks and after a trip to Model Rail Scotland next month I should have all my inspiration back!

James

Right people, after starting a new job (working for Tesco now) and changes at college and at home I am FINALLY getting the layout back out, I have loads of bits I want changed that I've decided could be done better so over the next few weeks and after a trip to Model Rail Scotland next month I should have all my inspiration back!

James

That sounds good news MrWhippyo.......... :sungum:

That's the layout out the loft, pictures of it's current condition shall come, some repairs are needed as it's very difficult to move the layout about without things coming loose!

I will be looking to give the layout the "dis-used" look with heavy weathering, grass and weeds growing, before I start does anyone have any hints or tips for giving that "well worn" look?

James

That's the layout out the loft, pictures of it's current condition shall come, some repairs are needed as it's very difficult to move the layout about without things coming loose!

I will be looking to give the layout the "dis-used" look with heavy weathering, grass and weeds growing, before I start does anyone have any hints or tips for giving that "well worn" look?

James

Try looking at this http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/30748-falkland-yard-3/

I do want to have a go with static grass, but do those "electric sieves" you see on eBay really work? I'd rather that than pat £140 for one of the Noch ones!

Also, I want to weather down the track and ballast, any ideas how I go about doing this?

James

Thanks Jack, shall look into it, I saw the use of the hanging basket liner to create the grass look, I shall probably be doing that for the really overgrown bits and use a bag of the Woodlands Scenics stuff to fill in the gaps.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, bit of work done to Shamstry, mostly cleaning, and removing the old OHLE, ready to be replaced with the new one once I get my materials sorted. Anyway, enough talk, here is how the layout stands just now.

James

post-12931-0-14682100-1360244543_thumb.jpg

post-12931-0-54054600-1360244570_thumb.jpg

post-12931-0-58976800-1360244601_thumb.jpg

post-12931-0-70065400-1360244619_thumb.jpg

post-12931-0-14031500-1360244639_thumb.jpg

post-12931-0-87841100-1360244659_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived