Bachmann Class 45/1

Rob F

• RMweb Gold

Have Bachmann ever produced (as a standrad release) a plain BR Blue class 45/1 with the headcodes removed and marker lights fitted and the nose seam in place?

You mean like this Rob?

post-7291-0-26228700-1315832542_thumb.jpg

I don't believe they have, as I'm waiting for one.

Guest 40-something

Hi Rob

I believe Bachmann produced this variation for a ModelZone limited edition a while back, dont know if any others have been done

Even that Modelzone one wouldn't be completely correct for a 45/1 as the roof was modified when they were converted to ETH. I kept mine (bought from the Bachmann stand at an RMWeb members day for £30!) as a 45/0. I have one of the old style Bachmann 46s that I converted to a 45/1 many years ago but of course there are problems with the nose shape on these and the Mainline/Replica ones.

At one time there seemed to be a lot of spare bodies of the Modelzone type about for some reason.

ISTR Modelrail magazine did propose to do one as a limited edition but realised that there was too much involved in getting it correct so dropped it.

You mean like this Rob?

I don't believe they have, as I'm waiting for one.

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. Being a Nottingham boy of a certain age that is pretty much the image that pops into mind whenever I think of the local railway scene.

ROB

• 1 year later...

Hullo there! Apologies for resurrecting an old post but I wonder if there's any chance at all of such a model being released? Also being a 'Nottingham' lad of a certain age this is the loco I'd love to own, and the ltd edtion Modelzone one is way out of my price range on Ebay. If not are there any by other manufacturers of a decentish quality?

• RMweb Premium

The Modelone one was a 45/0

45048 The Royal Marines

Replica did 45 128 in BR Blue with Central Marker light - I have a hybride early Bachmann 46/45

But does it really matter that the Modelzone version was a 45/0? Surely the nose end is a separate tool as Bachmann can already cover split and full headcode variants as well, so any differences between 45/0 and 45/1 bodies/roof should be irrelevant - the flush front/marker lights nose end could be used with either?

• 8 months later...

Having just returned to the hobby after 20 odd years, I'm gutted this variation of 'Peak' is not readily available. One of my favourite locos were the Class 45s, used to love watching them thrash up and down the ECML on Trans-Pennine duties.

C'mon Bachmann, let's be seeing a modified Class 45 with flush end on the 2014 products list.

I emailed Bachmann UK regarding the class 45 with flush end marker lights and here's the reply from customer support:

I am unaware of any plans to produce this version of the Class 45 at this time, however I shall forward your suggestion to our research and development team for future consideration.

such a pity.

• RMweb Premium

I emailed Bachmann UK regarding the class 45 with flush end marker lights and here's the reply from customer support:

I am unaware of any plans to produce this version of the Class 45 at this time, however I shall forward your suggestion to our research and development team for future consideration.

such a pity.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that comment. All it means is there's nothing in the current catalogue or already announced. Bachmann will not tell you if something is planned but not yet announced.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that comment. All it means is there's nothing in the current catalogue or already announced. Bachmann will not tell you if something is planned but not yet announced.

I am hoping they bring some more flush fronted peaks out from the 80`s, 45036 will do for this year though. :sungum:

Bachmann are missing a trick by not releasing the healed-up front variant, with and without high intensity headlight. 

I realise they are confined to BFYE era, except for depot celebrities' customisation and tweaks, but there is a fair amount of raw material to go at even there.

I'm surprised they resist this type of front too. They were in vogue from 1977 to withdrawl, so cover a long part of peak history. I have some replica shells and some early class 46045 conversions. 45128 / 45144 were two of the last the last split headcode panel class 45/1s and I think these lasted until 1983/4 like this.  

The Replica / early Bachmann ones are hugely improved with flushglaze windows, though they need work to trim to fit. The buffers aere incorrectly fitted to the body shell though.

I am unaware of any plans to produce this version of the Class 45 at this time, however I shall forward your suggestion to our research and development team for future consideration. [/size]

such a pity.

How many do we need to order for a ltd edition model?......

Yes don't read to much into that reply, I emailed Hornby last year for a large logo 56 and got a similar reply!

Regards

Craig

How many do we need to order for a ltd edition model?......

512 is the minimum amount for a reliveried model not sure what they would want off this. Perhaps we could all club together and buy at least one each. We might get them at trade price too

Archived