Felton Lane (Goods). West Durham in the 1940's.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

Just had an excellent time with The Baron and CK on Quai 87, which was seemingly enjoyed by the local populace who'd never seen such a thing before, judging by the comments! 

It was an altogether good show as it was last year in a superbly new and clean venue with excellent value refreshments. There was some welcome air-conditioning in parts of the show as it was stiflingly hot in some areas so a short stand beside the air-con grilles was sufficient to cool one down a bit!

A few 'stand out' layouts, most notably Felton Lane (Goods) presented by 'Worsdell forever' of this parish. Paul has certainly produced a superb exhibit with some lovely scratchbuilt engines and some excellent scenics to a very high standard, most notably the addition of short static grass fibres onto the existing ground cover which gave a very pleasing and realistic feel to it.

Being of a 'Southern inclination' I always enjoy looking at Graham Muz's 'Fisherton Sarum' and that old campaigner 'Thornbury Hill' which always entertains, with all its old EMUs.

Many thanks to all the organizers who made the show such an enjoyable one for us. It was also nice to see some old friends who we don't get to see very often due to our distance away in the deep southwest.

Cameraphone snaps.

post-6728-0-77630600-1373871985_thumb.jpg 

post-6728-0-79310600-1373872032_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-32386100-1373872072_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

As usual I only managed to get one photo of my own layout.

J21 5076 has arrived with the pick up goods from Bishop Aukland, it has run round the train and is about to drop the brake van out of the way, it will remove the three loaded wagons from the crane siding, deposit them on the brake van, collect the wagons it brought (in the platform) and leave them in the appropriate sidings.

post-7104-0-45350600-1373881247_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A wonderful bit of work,just found this thread and thoroughly enjoyed all the posts. I went to Hartlepool but was not too well and missed a lot, but I hope you will be venturing out with this layout again so I can see it in the flesh.....Many thanks for the inspiration, I hope to get back to modelling again soon after a long break.....Owen Lancaster....

• 4 weeks later...

At the bottom of page 70 Andy, an aerial photo.

I've just been doing catch up on this great layout topic. It only goes up to page 13 so any chance of a track plan for those who do not subscribe to Brmm even a basic sketch is better than nothing for those simply reading here.

Archived