Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Ahoy there me hearties! It be that time of yaaarr again

Lambton58

Nowadays, pirates seem to be from Somaliarrrrr.....

http://youtu.be/DoG_ZBIxB8Q

In fact ye pirates be from many points of the compass. But their dastardly tactics are different from ocean to ocean. Off ye west coast of Africa the blasted scalliwags are more like robbers. Same be the case for those in the South China Sea - what you landlubbers call "hit and run". Ye Somali ones have a more complex operation. And instead of grog ye youthful Somali pirates chew on ye drugs which does their heads in. :crazy:

Ye Maritime Piracy Humanitarian Response Programme - to support victims of these dastardly pirates - will launch at ye London Docklands Museum on the 29th of September. Members of ye press are invited to attend and splice the mainbrace with grog. Yaaaarrrrhhhh!

• RMweb Gold

Arrh well is that Jim the cabin boy? The cabin at the front o' the train? Don't's forget thaaass eye patch matey.

Now fitting up ahh trains wi' cannon wouldst' stop them graffiti landlubbers!

Broadside to port Mr Mate!

Edited by PaulRhB

Nowadays, pirates seem to be from Somaliarrrrr.....

... and also off the coasts of Venezualarrrrr, Columbiarrrrrr, West Africarrrrrrr, Indiarrrrrrr, Malaysiarrrrrr, and Indonesiarrrrrr.

Since in the past this happened off the coasts of Espanarrrrr, Cubarrrrrr, Libyarrrrrr, it is clear that this is an orthographic problem, moving steadily from Northe to South over the centuries. Watch out for like trouble coming to Samoarrrrr, Australiarrrrr and Antarcticarrrrrr. Moving to places with sensible names like New Zealand might be a good move...

Edited by 34theletterbetweenB&D

.....Ye Somali ones have a more complex operation. And instead of grog ye youthful Somali pirates chew on ye drugs which does their heads in. :crazy:

With apologies to ye genius that is Mitch Benn (see YeTube link above), singalong with ye jolly shanty:

‘Twas in the year two thousand-and-eight

Ya Homie boys, a-harrr

We did hoist the Jolly Roger

And set sail from Somalia-rrrr

Landlubbers ev’rywhere are sore amazed at what we did:

We nicked a supertanker

And asked for twenny-foive million quid.

So!

Load up your Kalashnikovs

Ya Homie boys, a-harrr

We’re the Pirates of The Sea

To the North-East of Africa-rrr

There’s no mainbrace to splice, just

Diesel engines now instead

There ain’t no plank to walk

So we’ll just shoot ye in the ‘ead, ha-harrr

The papers call us pirates

Though we’re muggers in a boat,

Armed robbery is jolly

When it’s done while you’re afloat!

So!

Sharpen your machetes, lads

Ya Homie boys, a-harrr

On land they recognoise us

For the psychos that we are,

To the North-East of Africa-rrrrrrrrr!!!

• Like 1

Rrrite, gatherr roun' ye scurrvee dogs, an' keep a watch on yon magic lanterrn. Take heed, an' you mite jus' learrn sump'in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzrjTkpYmw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_PSfxJqVkg&feature=related

An' rreememberr, tis overboarrrd for them that hides therrre eyes., lest they be guilty of a little nerrvous disposition.

• Like 1

I believe Sex Pistols had a song about pirates, something in the riggin' I believe it was me hearties,

I presume you mean "F#####n' in the Riggin'? Back in the late seventies, it was on the normally little-used jukebox in a quiet back-street pub I used to frequent. Occasionally, a group of revellers would ply the jukebox and ask the landlady to turn up the volume. If it got too loud, I'd surreptitiously key in this record. Out would boom:

"'Twas on the good ship Venus,

By Christ you should have seen us,

The figurehead

Was a whore in bed,

And the mast a rampant peni - (click)"

As the irate landlady switched the box off.

Peace, perfect peace.

• Like 3