Austin Maestro - CAD & 3D printing project

Burkitt

• 7 months later...

Spotted a real van on the road recently , they are very rare sight these days , s'pose it could be ex BR

Thought you had come up with the model for a minute.

Registered in Reading so not ex B R. I think the AA register there.

Nice condition for one of them.

Merf.

• 7 months later...

That an ex AA van, they had a lot of them, the tow hook with the pin coupling, the stripe at the bottom are the tell tales. I had a G reg diesel maestro van, did 210,000 thousand miles in it, two engines, three gearboxes, endless front hub bearings, I did enjoy (!) it though! They are rare these days, because like most Leyland products, they just rotted away!  

Andy

• 1 year later...

No new posts since April about the Maestro. Has anybody got a completed van for us to see ?

Merf.

Finally yes!!!!!

post-7112-0-13226600-1426160863_thumb.jpg

post-7112-0-00342500-1426160865_thumb.jpg

post-7112-0-08134300-1426160867_thumb.jpg

post-7112-0-28511000-1426160861_thumb.jpg

Thanks again to Merfyn for the registration plate details. Looks like the offside front wheel needs touching up a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

That an ex AA van, they had a lot of them, the tow hook with the pin coupling, the stripe at the bottom are the tell tales. I had a G reg diesel maestro van, did 210,000 thousand miles in it, two engines, three gearboxes, endless front hub bearings, I did enjoy (!) it though! They are rare these days, because like most Leyland products, they just rotted away!  

Andy

A lot of diesels had premature endings due to the fact that the engines are sort after by land rover enthusiasts as a conversation and also for use in boats

• RMweb Gold

The Maestro 5 door's low waistline and huge glass trapezoidal cabin reminds me of a sawn-off VW K70, and I do wonder if Austin/BL ever planned to make a 4-door variant with a boot.

They did and called it montego

• RMweb Premium

The Shapeways page for the van is here:http://www.shapeways.com/product/9585DAVRB/ooamv01-1-76-austin-maestro-van-fud?li=user-profile&optionId=3067961

£20.08 plus postage from America. It's not cheap but it will be rare.

I ordered a couple a few years ago, the price then was less than that for the two, and they came from Holland.

• 4 weeks later...

We, (my parents that is) had an A reg MG from new.

In the 90s my late father pondered that the Maestro looked like an updated All-agro.

To stretch things further, I thought that the Vauxhall Astra (MK3 was it?) GSi looked like an updated Maestro.

Either way. The models no good- there's not enough rust around the arches! :jester:

To stretch things further, I thought that the Vauxhall Astra (MK3 was it?) GSi looked like an updated Maestro.

IIRC this was even noted by Autocar in 1991 when the Astra Mk.3 came out.

Either way. The models no good- there's not enough rust around the arches! :jester:

Simple solution - don't smooth the print down round the wheel arches!

Archived