RMweb

Heljan Class 16

Sulzer

I think DMU's would be far more lucrative, especially if they did all the pressed steel designs.

Possiably, but they have shied away from passenger stock sofar, and that makes me think they might exhaust locomotive possiabilities first. Time will tell!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

There is something about the early diesels that makes me want them.

Recently obtained a 17 (D8568), trying to get a cheap 15 (D8233), I really want a 16 even though it is not suitable, a 22 and 29 (would be D6122), and NBL Warship (D601).

And I model early 80s!!!!

• RMweb Premium

Hi there,

If you want a brand new class 15, Kernow model shop has been trying to get rid of their last ones at £69.99 each! I think that's pretty good!

Cheers,

John E.

Hope it is D8233

My 29 and Warship ones just missed preservation

There is something about the early diesels that makes me want them.

Recently obtained a 17 (D8568), trying to get a cheap 15 (D8233), I really want a 16 even though it is not suitable, a 22 and 29 (would be D6122), and NBL Warship (D601).

And I model early 80s!!!!

D6122 was a class 21, not a 29.........maybe!!!!! Theres alot of speculation that D6121 (a class 29) swapped identities with D6122 before or during its rebuild into a class 29. Why? think that will ever remain a mystery.

Jim

If so where is it's own small yellow panel that it would already have?.

Also is the strip between the two doors part of the body/nose? Surely it would be green with two seperate yellow doors?

Good point, interestingly there is another picture of D8408 further up that thread with the normal small yellow end at the long nosed end.

The plot thickens?

Edited by royaloak

If so where is it's own small yellow panel that it would already have?.

Also is the strip between the two doors part of the body/nose? Surely it would be green with two seperate yellow doors?

I've since just found a shot of non cab end of D8408 with HHY, dated April 1967. And I bothered to take a closer look at the shot with the yellow doors, it looks like earlier than the FY era. :rolleyes: Probably not off a FY locomotive...