Heljan Class 16

Sulzer

Looks absolutely fantastic.  Nice work by the Danes, hitting their stride again.

Yes, good to see! Reckon they'll announce the Fell, both versions, at Warley this year! :O  :no:  :angel:

Cheers,

Peter C.

• Like 3

Looking fantastic, Heljan seem to be producing some quality models. They look like they are closer to the release date of June stated by Hattons, could an April release be on the cards?

Yes the 16 looks spot on- but the Baby Deltic too looks different, and better, from the earlier ones- especially around the cab /nose area certainly  on Model Rails Facebook page at least-or am I seeing things??

Yes the 16 looks spot on- but the Baby Deltic too looks different, and better, from the earlier ones- especially around the cab /nose area certainly  on Model Rails Facebook page at least-or am I seeing things??

No Paulbb, you certainly aren't!

I would add that June will probably be a more realistic date than April.

Searching for excuses here, didn't this class get withdrawn while the few made were still being delivered? The original condition class 23 has to take priority for me, but I don't see myself resisting lovres central forever.

They were introduced very early on in 1958. All were in service pretty quickly, but they spent more time laid up at Stratford awaiting repair than actually working out on the main line.

Edited by Baby Deltic

Just incase you can't get on the Modelrail site to see the Class 16 I have taken some pictures of a pre-production model, As far as know this is the finished model though.

This version does look superb (SYP plus grey roof) but as D8405 is listed as 'weathered' I plan to hold fire on a pre-order until I see the quality of the weathering on the production version.