RMweb 7mm Private Owner wagon Limited Edition

RMweb has agreed with Dapol to make available the first limited edition run of their new 7mm private owner wagons.

The 7-plank wagon is to be finished in South Wales & Cannock Chase Coal and Coke Company livery to the following specification:

Sprung buffers

Metal sprung coupling hook

3-link metal chain

Brass axle 'cups'

Profiled darkened metal wheels

Opening side doors

Internal wall and floor painting

Chassis side painting and printing where applicable

Protective slip box

Numbered limited edition certificate

South_Wales_&_Cannock_Chase_Limited_Edition.jpg

Dark grey base colour

Black strapping (apart from the diagonals)

White print with black shadow to the block lettering (but not the script).

Printed sole bar detail.

The limited edition run is limited to the first 25 members to express their interest. The final price is to be confirmed but will be greater than the £39.95 price of the production wagons. Delivery dates remain to be confirmed.

I will update the topic in due course to confirm the price and anticipated delivery dates.

The process:

There is a limit of one wagon per buyer.

Reservations should be made by PMing me

Reservations will be logged in chronological order; after the first 25 any subsequent reservations will be allocated a number on a standby list.

A small non-refundable deposit will be asked for from the first 25 members at the point when the price and anticipated delivery is advised. If a buyer does not wish to continue at this point or does not respond within 7 days their wagon will be offered to the next number on the standby list.

The balance will become due at the point when I receive delivery of the wagons.

This is an opportunity to purchase the first product that RMweb has commissioned, the first limited edition O gauge wagon from Dapol and appeals to modellers and collectors alike.

Further information on the production wagons can be found here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47798-Dapol-7mm-private-owner-wagons-announced/

In the vain hope that one day a big announcement will be Andy buying me an ice cream, I have put myself down for one of these wagons.

These wagons look the part from the pictures and there is definitely a market for decent quality RTR 7mm wagons at a sensible price. Besides I've never bought an RMweb limited edition before!

Aarrrgghhh Don't need one, don't want one, don't need one, don't want one, don't need one, don't want one, don't need one, don't want one, but!!

This is good news and out of the blue Andy and I think will be rather successful with Dapol behind it. I am very tempted to get one but have now reason to as I have absolutely no space for 0 Scale..

Tom

As an update the first 10 wagons are now reserved, of course I've bagged one for myself.

There's been suggestions over the year about limited editions but I've always shied away from that due to the financial commitment and risk necessary even before considering the job of sending out hundreds of items. This was, for me, the first viable opportunity to do something a little bit different rather than a 'me too' approach to LEs with a good value product with new market appeal and genuine rarity. It's also pleasing to note that the reserved ones are heading for more modellers than collectors and will undoubtedly see an active life with some probably being weathered within an inch of their life.

Andy

A good idea but of no use to us who model later eras of the railway scene. One wagon I would be interested in acquiring a number of would be the BR "covhop" bulk grain wagon. What are the chances/cost of commissioning a run of these?

Regards

Martin

Andy

A good idea but of no use to us who model later eras of the railway scene. One wagon I would be interested in acquiring a number of would be the BR "covhop" bulk grain wagon. What are the chances/cost of commissioning a run of these?

Regards

Martin

Surely this could have been better served by a PM? Andy has gone out on a limb here commissioning these wagons, if you want some "Covhops" -whatever they are perhaps you should contact Dapol directly. Besides in O Gauge the majority model the steam era due to smaller vehicles in use rather then larger wagons and locomotives to save space.

Sorry but that's my 2d, worth on the matter.

Cheers,

~ Gary

Andy

Regards

Martin

Erm; nil.

This is a livery edition of a forthcoming production item.

The costs of commissioning a new wagon, particularly a complex one would run into several tens of thousands of pounds.

Andy

It's a good and brave project which will deserve its success. As others have said above, though, it is not something that I can justify on an Era 3 ex-LSW setting in 4mm.

The good news though is that those chaps in Camborne have types like me in mind.

Onward and upward

PB

Surely this could have been better served by a PM? Andy has gone out on a limb here commissioning these wagons, if you want some "Covhops" -whatever they are perhaps you should contact Dapol directly. Besides in O Gauge the majority model the steam era due to smaller vehicles in use rather then larger wagons and locomotives to save space.

Sorry but that's my 2d, worth on the matter.

Cheers,

~ Gary

I expect I'll get shot for this, but I couldn't let it pass, Covhops are Steam era wagons!

Brilliant idea to have the RM special - not my scene but well done Andy. Hopefully some BR distressed PO wagons will be produced by Dapol or RM web in due course, as Lionheart are already doing in 7mm.

Paul Bartlett

There are now only two guaranteed reservation slots left.

I as going to put my name down for the last one too to utterly annihilate it's pristine finish and collectable value but as demand has been so swift I won't. I'll leave that for a potential future project.

The speed of the reaction today has of course left me thinking I should have stated a higher volume but it would be wrong to do so if anyone has placed a reservation on the basis of the fact they were only 25. The alternative would be to examine the possibility of another number or even livery.

• RMweb Premium

While I don't model 0 scale either, I think this was a great idea you had, Andy :) . I'm delighted this model has attracted so much attention so swiftly, too, which I believe you might as well take as a strong kind of encouragement to arrange for further special edition models in the future.

Archived