The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

Hersheys: the only "chocolate" that left a taste of vomit in my mouth before bringing it back up again.

Isn't 'Hersheys' American slang for something else brown and unappetising?

On another note, apparently one of the ten good things about being American is that you can call 'Budweiser' beer.

When I were nobbut a lad it was widely reported that someone who had overindulged in a local hostelry drowned in his curry in a Chinese Restaurant.  Apparently he passed out and his head descended into the curry placed in front of him.

Must be almost 60 years ago so my memory may be at fault.

Stan

They say you can drown in a puddle, you know.

In the comedy film "That Sinking Feeling", one of the characters, despairing of finding a job, tells his friends that he had made an unsuccessful attempt to drown himself in his cornflakes...

A great movie!

• RMweb Premium

"On another note, apparently one of the ten good things about being American is that you can call 'Budweiser' beer."

Only an American could.

steve

Not Quite;

http://www.budejovickybudvar.cz/en/index.html

and they are still having problems with the american company over the use of the name...

• Like 1

When I were nobbut a lad it was widely reported that someone who had overindulged in a local hostelry drowned in his curry in a Chinese Restaurant.  Apparently he passed out and his head descended into the curry placed in front of him.

Must be almost 60 years ago so my memory may be at fault.

Stan

Ah yes, he fell into a Korma IIRC....  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

"On another note, apparently one of the ten good things about being American is that you can call 'Budweiser' beer."

Not Quite;

http://www.budejovickybudvar.cz/en/index.html

and they are still having problems with the american company over the use of the name...

IIRC the American company tried to buy the Czech company, and failed.

I note that Cesky Budvar are importing Fuller's London Pride. Well done to them!

• Like 1