RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.66cc116e722d4660e7280310efeecd7e.png

7 hours ago, Trainshed Terry said:

Must be for at BMW drivers.

Terry.

Or an Audi.  Remember, using the indicators reduces the resale value of the car!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

And being thrashed to within an inch of its life doesn't?

Audi and Beemer drivers don't think that way.  A ragged engine isn't immediately visible, while a dead indicator gets noticed by the busies, and one thing leads to many others...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Had to go and lie down in a darkened room yesterday.....  🤒

Was riding along one of our local country lanes - just room for cars to pass in opposite directions, with extra care, due to the road surface.  As I approached a blind right-hand bend, a car came up behind and slowed.  As I rounded the bend well before him, I could see that the straight stretch beyond was clear, so waved him past, with a thumb up.   He passed, as far across the road as reasonably possible, indicating and at a good rate, so as not to prolong the process, even giving a, cheery, "toot-toot" when clear.  It was an Audi Sport.....    😟

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.5bdf5151f400e2dbe0c13460893d06f4.png

8 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

"My spidey senses are tingling..."

10 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

What could possibly go wrong?

image.png.9516eed0f45889a49468fc775b8a6a7b.png

No problems.  If they're outdoor spiders, take them indoors and they'll die of dehydration.  And indoor spiders taken outdoors will die of hypothermia.  (fingers crossed)

I'M not scared of spiders!!!

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/06/2022 at 05:51, Hroth said:

Or an Audi.  Remember, using the indicators reduces the resale value of the car!

And, increasingly, Vauxhall, if recent observation is anything to go by.....

Maybe their drivers are anticipating promotion at work, and have decided what they want the firm to provide next....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, ardbealach said:

Saw this sign still there last week at Cheshire Oaks Retail Park of a sadly missed store.  [Alisdair]

IMG20220520095939.jpg

Despite their outragious prices for componant parts they were handy for the bits you needed the same day & could not wait for mail order.

Our local one had old "old boy" who knew his stuff (he was a radio ham), a young guy who did not know a lot but was helpful & would find out both these gius were always cheerful.

The manager however, knew nothing about the products or how to deal with customers & was borderline insolent & a very miserable inividual at the best of times.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Maplin these days is just another online electrical products company that bought the name from the official receiver.

Tandy (Radio Shack to N. American viewers) used be a useful place as well and their special offers  were often so keenly priced that it was worth buying just for "might be useful".

I also once bought a car radio that was as new but had been returned as "faulty" and was in the manager's specials box at a ridiculously low price "sold as seen".

Took me all of five minutes to find the fault and worked well for years.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) their staff were often franchisees that knew nothing about the products they were selling

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, melmerby said:

Maplin these days is just another online electrical products company that bought the name from the official receiver.

Tandy (Radio Shack to N. American viewers) used be a useful place as well and their special offers  were often so keenly priced that it was worth buying just for "might be useful".

I also once bought a car radio that was as new but had been returned as "faulty" and was in the manager's specials box at a ridiculously low price "sold as seen".

Took me all of five minutes to find the fault and worked well for years.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) their staff were often franchisees that knew nothing about the products they were selling

I had the manager of a Tandy store, assure me that the home brand phone of theirs couldn't be faulty (it was permanently off hook), as it was brand new out of the box and the design had passed acceptance tests. Funny thing was, that with this dodgy phone unplugged and another phone plugged in, the line worked exactly as it should.

He told me that he knew what he was talking about, because he was an electronics engineer is his home eastern block country. I told him that the line was working right now, so I had done my job and left him to sort it out!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, kevinlms said:

I had the manager of a Tandy store, assure me that the home brand phone of theirs couldn't be faulty (it was permanently off hook), as it was brand new out of the box and the design had passed acceptance tests. Funny thing was, that with this dodgy phone unplugged and another phone plugged in, the line worked exactly as it should.

He told me that he knew what he was talking about, because he was an electronics engineer is his home eastern block country. I told him that the line was working right now, so I had done my job and left him to sort it out!

Does he work at PC World now?😄

• Funny 10