The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Grovenor said:

Just the jobsworth didn't know that one disc could be left off.

It can't be left off, because that is legally a green lane ahead (BOAT). But completely disused, because it is now a dead end further ahead.

It would have made more sense to have included it in the 30mph restriction.

Martin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

A good friend of mine used to run a R/C model plane shop. He had a book of Cloakroom tickets, which could be stuck on the box of a purchase, so the purchaser could claim it had been won at a Raffle, at work / club / pub on the way home etc.

Interesting to note how many had been used!!   😆

Julian

Well that’s just supporting his customer base. I definitely approve!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

17 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Saw this in a shop today. I think it may have been in stock sometime as the iceberg appears to have melted!

Perhaps it’s a sort of message about global warming.CC8BD1DA-8CF0-42CD-A24A-99A9F7A8E12B.jpeg.5244c2334918887e4072371db8d87847.jpeg

Whoever photoshopped the image should be taken out and have their folly vigorously explained to them! I expect they misinterpreted the rocky outcrop to the right as an iceberg, though what perturbs me is the bouncing ball from The Prisoner in the top right-hand corner...

Then there is also the rather dodgy "Flock of Seagulls" circling the peak to the left!

Edited by Hroth
Seagulls?
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, PeterStiles said:

I've always wondered how Beavis and Butthead would describe a vacuum cleaner that worked well.

That comment sucks. No doubt they would say that it maintained a satisfactory pressure difference, such that particles were pushed up the tube and into the bag by atmospheric pressure.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1