RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

5 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

That has been on here before (long time ago) and an explanation was given in a later post From what little that I still remember, the sigh is real and means what it says. Trash scoop gate on a dam somewhere in Texas pops into mind.

I though it was them falling out of the plane!

spacer.png

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 26/07/2023 at 21:46, PhilJ W said:

image.png.a8a8fe6e1044d2db65ae36920274dc4b.png

Presumably with fava beans and a nice chianti...

Many years ago, the then current girlf and I were weekend house sitting for a mate, also sitting his 12-year-old lad visiting from his mum's in Oxford.  We decided to rent a video for the evening (that's how long ago it was), order pizza, and got some beers in.  The lad was looking forward to a grown-up evening with 'za and beer, and had promised to be on his best.  He requested Silence of the Lambs, which we thought might be a bit much, but he persisted 'all my mates have seen it, I'll be ok, honest'.  Ok, then, but if you get nightmares afterwards don't come waking us up...

So there we are seeing off the 'za and beer, and watching Hannibal and his chums doing their stuff, and during a rather quiet part of the film the lad, who had been clearly working something out in his head for a while, suddenly burst out 'eurggh! arrgh! he cut that man's face off and wore it as a mask to escape from the van, eurggh, on his own face, I'm gonna be sick...'. 

And that was the end of Silence of the Lambs for that evening!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

On 26/07/2023 at 21:40, PhilJ W said:

image.png.0bb37b2414af88d1de08c1e817254eb4.png

Out of idle curiosity, I tried going to http://moosejaw.com/

We are currently unable to offer products and services to customers in the European Economic Area- We apologize for the inconvenience. We're working on it ... but until then, maybe go try some wasabi pea dust ice cream.

We are not worthy!

Edit - Could someone in US or Canada please tell them that the UK is no longer in the European Economic Area?

Edited by KeithMacdonald
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/07/2023 at 18:16, The Johnster said:

I am also a lesbian, trapped in a man's body...

My superpower is being able to change straight women into lesbians as soon as I become attracted to them, though some revert to being straight as soon as I turn away...

Thought that was just me! 😀

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Funny 1

On 24/07/2023 at 18:16, The Johnster said:

I am also a lesbian, trapped in a man's body...

This must be a meme that crossed the Severn Bridge. Around thirty years ago, while working in Bristol, one of the lads on the team used that as his chat-up line with women in the office. I wouldn't say he was ugly, but given that (a) the lad wore ill-fitting clothes, (b) needed very thick lenses in his glasses, and (c) had an acne-riddled face, it had an astonishingly high success rate.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/07/2023 at 12:01, The Johnster said:

It can only be shown to not be in use by being used, and can therefore be regarded as being simultaneously in use and not in use.  Shroedinger’s sign!

But does this sign in fact refer to itself or to some other sign?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

As instructed, I wrote "not in use" on the back of it, and signed my name.

It doesn't say that you have to sign the back of it, it could be anywhere.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

But does this sign in fact refer to itself or to some other sign?

My brain hurts; can’t handle quantum physics and existentialism simultaneously.  No wonder the cat hid in the box… 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

My brain hurts; can’t handle quantum physics and existentialism simultaneously.  No wonder the cat hid in the box… 

I was thinking of a situation where the first sign says "next sign not in use" and the next sign says "previous sign not in use".

• Like 3
  • Funny 5