RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

Just print a fly on the porcelain, there's not a man alive that can resist that.  Got a real fly in mid air 'mid stream' once, one of the most ridiculously satisfying moments of my life* but there were no witnesses to be amazed at my accuracy...

*Feel free to make judgements on the subject of how generally satisfying my life has been on the basis of this zenith.  'ked his day up, though!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 12

29 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Just print a fly on the porcelain, there's not a man alive that can resist that.  Got a real fly in mid air 'mid stream' once, one of the most ridiculously satisfying moments of my life* but there were no witnesses to be amazed at my accuracy...

In the days before TikTok I guess…

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

*Feel free to make judgements on the subject of how generally satisfying my life has been on the basis of this zenith.  'ked his day up, though!

Was the fly anywhere close to the urinal?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

41 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Seen this at Schipol Airport.  In the early 1990s, the story goes, the cleaning manager at the Airport was trying to reduce “spillage” around urinals. He settled on etching small, photorealistic images of flies on the urinals, right near the drain. The idea was to give people something to aim at.

Jim

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The old Fishguard-Rosslare ferry, Stena Felicity (rather charmingly named after a Haverfordwest lady's cat, the result of a naming competition in the local areas around Fishguard and Rosslare), had RAF roundel targets (the original purpose of these being to show the Luftwaffe where the fuel lines, control cables, and other vulnerable things were to make life more interesting, possibly shorter but more interesting, for RAF pilots) on the urinals.  These could be quite challenging on winter crossings in bad weather...

Funfunfunfunfunseasickfun.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Jeremy Cumberland said:

Or slower. Let the friend encounter the bull, then walk past unobtrusively.

The friendship might be rather strained by the episode, though.

Save your friend. Fly a drone with a red flag.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1