The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, steve1 said:

steve 

AA676DEA-D8C0-4BA2-BDB6-8EF0899EAE55.jpeg

Similar to a few years ago when in Railtrack. Yet another management 'team building' course. Just for fun our 'team leader' came up with the catchy team name of "Team Work And Team Success". Needless to say none of us were quite brave enough to use the abbreviation in our presentation at the end of the course. 

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Last year I was working on a project that I renamed to something with the same acronym. I never spelled it out though. Got away with it for quite a long time too, since it was actually a much better description of what it did than the original name. My boss eventually cottoned on, much to his embarrassment. For some reason he now rejects every name I suggest for anything...

• Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Chris M said:

That's worse than when the Nat West bank had a department called Trustee & Income Tax Services many years ago. Everything was fine with that title until we had a meeting in a venue that abbreviated the name to "Nat West TITS" . The name of this department was changed not long after.

Bit like the Peckett-owning Swansea Harbour Investment Trust, absorbed into the GW at the grouping.  They removed the ‘Investment’ part of the name after a while. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

A computer system I looked after for a while had a simple error message for any user data entry fault, "Totally Wrong Action Taken". The users were all army guys and I am not sure they ever spotted it.

I always liked the Weston, Cleveland and Portishead Railway initials, WC & P.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Reminds me of the old joke about being offered beverages when flying with Trans World Airways....

"Would you like some TWA coffee, sir?",   "I'd prefer some TWA tea....."

John

Nice to see the old ones given an airing!

1 minute ago, Ian Morgan said:

I always liked the Weston, Cleveland and Portishead Railway initials, WC & P.

There was the possibly apocryphal tale of a GWR porter advising an elderly passenger that the best route to her destination would be to use the WC & P....  Like Queen Victoria, she was not amused!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, iands said:

Similar to a few years ago when in Railtrack. Yet another management 'team building' course. Just for fun our 'team leader' came up with the catchy team name of "Team Work And Team Success". Needless to say none of us were quite brave enough to use the abbreviation in our presentation at the end of the course. 

On one I went on, it was Fast Action Response Team..... 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

BR had a thing in the 90s called Organising For Quality. Abbreviated to O for Q 

Yep, I managed to survive OfQ, but later succumbed to Project Violet. 

• Funny 1

37 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.055ee927e6cec4b7d12f7555a71d7d9c.png

In the bogs at Jamaica airport a lady employee did insist on helping me wash my hands. I think she operated the soap dispenser or the hand dryer, I forget which.