Dapol Mk3 Buffet - they exist

woodenhead

not yet, as i'm currently waiting for the 2nd EP model to approve.

then once the artwork is complete maybe for Ally Pally in March i think.

the chinese have their New Year Holiday which means everything stops in the middle of the time from now to all yPally for 2 weeks witha wind down and a wind up to work either side.

so fingers crossed here

cheers

Dave

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit worried (from the review of the Grand Central version in the July Rail Express) that the lavatory window is missing the intermediate bar (and frosting).

Trust this is going to be remedied in the production versions (including the 'Pretendolino' one).

• 2 months later...

I think the last information we had was that the first batch from China were rejected, and it was hoped the replacements would be here in August.

Can Dapol Dave give us his latest update on these please? I'm looking forward to InterCity Swallow and Grand Central liveries.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

WSMR set arrived today. They have the same nicely done finish as the other WSMR Dapol mark 3 coaches. I'm as dubious about the shape of the ends as ever but it's a cracking model.

There seems to have been a minor livery screw up. It's got "First Class" both ends of the coach - in every picture I have the real one has it at the seating end only not the counter end. 

Just need to fit some 3d printed bar couplings and light bars and all will be good - I do wish they'd put the first at the loco end on the prototype - it would make hiding the speaker much easier once I get to sound fitting !

All we need now is the Chiltern ones 8)

Alan

The 'Pretendolino' ones seem to have sold out from Hattons already!

Been too busy at work this week to 'click any buttons'.

I trust that I am still going to be able to get hold of them?

Signal Box - Brighton Modelworld?

(On the assumption that as many have been produced as the DVT + 3 x FO Book Set.)

• RMweb Gold

WSMR set arrived today. They have the same nicely done finish as the other WSMR Dapol mark 3 coaches. I'm as dubious about the shape of the ends as ever but it's a cracking model.

There seems to have been a minor livery screw up. It's got "First Class" both ends of the coach - in every picture I have the real one has it at the seating end only not the counter end. 

Just need to fit some 3d printed bar couplings and light bars and all will be good - I do wish they'd put the first at the loco end on the prototype - it would make hiding the speaker much easier once I get to sound fitting !

All we need now is the Chiltern ones 8)

Alan

Chiltern ones with plug doors :jester:

I have done a Chiltern set with Electra Graphics on Farish bodies but not plug doors.

Hopefully the first class markings will come off without leaving a mark.

Ian

Archived