Dapol Mk3 Buffet - they exist

woodenhead

• RMweb Premium

The 'Pretendolino' ones seem to have sold out from Hattons already!

Been too busy at work this week to 'click any buttons'.

I trust that I am still going to be able to get hold of them?

Wow, they went quickly! Like you I was assuming they were going to linger! Was hoping to wait until the FGW ones came in and get one of those with the Pretendolino set, avoid having to pay exorbitant postage charges twice!

Rails of Sheffield claim to have stock of them still.

This is crazy. i have been waiting ages for the pendolino twin packs. i go on holiday for 12 days and while i am away they are released and all sold out. all this despite asking Dapol when they would be released, i got no reply though.

I AM NOT HAPPY

what the betting that lots of them were snapped up by speculators hoping to profit on ebay!

Stick with Farish, at least they have hundreds of MK 3's available

This is crazy. i have been waiting ages for the pendolino twin packs. i go on holiday for 12 days and while i am away they are released and all sold out. all this despite asking Dapol when they would be released, i got no reply though.

I AM NOT HAPPY

what the betting that lots of them were snapped up by speculators hoping to profit on ebay!

Not quite sure on the stance you have taken

In your favour, maybe Dapol could have advised you when releases were due but from personal experience most information normally comes from the shop rather than the supplier and in fairness to Dapol, they are more likely to put information up on this site than any other major player and their magazine adverts often show what releases are available within the next month.

Most decent local shops will offer to hold parcels for you and most of the major players have a pre ordering service so even if you werent aware of a release date you should still have been able to reserve them.

You also cant really expect Dapol or the model shops to vet their customers to see if they are going to make use of their purchases of flog them on at a profit over the web.

And finally its your choice to stick with farish but their is obviously a reason why you are so annoyed that you are unable to get your Dapol releases. In my opinion the Dapol ones are far superior, probably hence the availabilty of Farsh/ lack of Dapol ones but Im pretty sure that you are unable to get your required model from Farish anyway so your stuck with the same problem.

It may seen a litle harsh but I cant see any reason for you to have a grumble at Dapol over this matter.

regards

Mark

I AM NOT HAPPY

As definate_maybe says, you could have pre-ordered. Whilst Dapol may not have given an exact date for release its not as if they haven't been publishing their imminent arrival on forums and the like. I pre-ordered my b/g buffet as soon as they went up on Hattons site, if I really want something I am not going to take the chance that I will miss it.

Didn't pre-order on the mcrats as they are outide my sphere of operation but when they landed they looked so nice I just had to have some but they weren't central to my plans so I didn't need to pre-order.

In my opinion the Dapol ones are far superior, probably hence the availabilty of Farsh/ lack of Dapol ones but Im pretty sure that you are unable to get your required model from Farish anyway so your stuck with the same problem.

I'm not so sure about the superiority - both have strengths and weaknesses.

Be that as it may, Dapol have a large number of dealers not all of whom are in Liverpool or on the internet. A run down their list of dealers with a phone should produce results. Indeed I once had a phone only shop offering me a discount on the pullman 73 because it had been sat there for ages - this while they were going for £150 quid on ebay.

Alan

• RMweb Premium

They are not ALL sold out at all.

if you got this information form a model shop, sack them, and contact another telling them we have plenty in stock and can they order 1 for you.

To be fair Hattons have removed the Pretendolino ones from their current items and have a foot note saying its discontinued by the manufacturer and can't be ordered. Bad reflection on Dapol if its not true.

Yes you may be able to get one by spending all day on the phone to every dealer, but the information is out there to suggest they're gone.

My apologies to Dapol Dave for my rant. Having just returned from a long journey from a sadly curtailed holiday and seeing Hattons had sold out and discountinued the pendolino buffet I just flipped.

Glad to read that Dapol still have stock and have ordered one from a local gold dealer.

Hi Guys;

I too, saw that Hattons had no stock showing of the Pretendolino and it looks like the WSMR set has gone the same way. I moved across the Pennines and ordered some from a South Yorkshire retailer who showed as 'in stock'....imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail saying that delivery was expected in 7-10 days. Luckily, no money has yet been taken.

However, these 'in stock' items won't arrive in my mitts till after I disappear for places dusty & afar!!!

Not especially happy with either retailer...looking at recent practices!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

It might be worth ringing Hattons - the website hasn't been upto it's usual standards for me recently. When released I wanted a 122 DMU and a 57xx pannier tank. DapolDave had said they were released so I kept checking their website. Went my usual way N gauge>steam locos (or DMUs)>Dapol. No joy, both items listed as not yet in stock, no image, pre order. This was no several days post DapolDaves announcement so thinking they had sold out I went to an alternative retailer with a traditional Cornish name!

Turns out they were there, listed under 'new arrivals' but not on the main N gauge section. I never thought to look there. Two weeks after release I would have expected them to be on both. I did email Hattons, just to help them so others weren't confused but they didn't seem to get the problem.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps I should clarify my point - I'm saying that if Dapol have stock then Hattons are unfairly damaging their reputation by showing them as gone, as Dapol Dave has said that's not the case it is poor form on Hattons.

• RMweb Gold

Hi WSMR , Pretendolino and EMT buffets collected from PO this morning and very effective they look.  Thanks Dave !

Hope the funds allow TGS to get a move on !

must say the foam packing a great improvement over the semi rigid cream stuff used before - hopefully locos will get same treatment in time?

Robert  

Hi Dave. I'vw been keeping an eye on FGW buffets with the usual suspects (Kernow, Rails & Hattons) and although you said they had been released these stores are still showing as pre-orders. Can you tell us when they will arrive.

Thanks in Advance

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry mate they are released and have been for 3 odd weeks now.

If your store doesn't have them it's because they had either had them and run out and not bothered re-ordering, or they, for some reason havnt ever ordered or are not 'in good standing'

Like I keep saying " you can lead a horse to water" ( but they don't have to order etc).

• RMweb Gold

I missed seeing any FGW buffets anywhere. Looks like I will order one direct in that case.

The WSMR buffet packs had the Rapidos changed for the fixed knuckles as per the rest of the set and they ran well today on Banbury.

Nice touch is the yellow vestibule doors which can be seen next to the loco.

Ian

Hi Steve,

Sorry mate they are released and have been for 3 odd weeks now.

If your store doesn't have them it's because they had either had them and run out and not bothered re-ordering, or they, for some reason havnt ever ordered or are not 'in good standing'

Like I keep saying " you can lead a horse to water" ( but they don't have to order etc).

Dave - Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm the part number is still NC216H. This does seem very odd - Hattons are very good a providing a good selection of photos on their website (as they have done for the recent W & S Mk3s which have sold out very quickly) but these are still showing pre-order without any photo's.

Regards

Steve

Archived