Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

Great of you to open up a wish-list. I echo most calls for Western Region locos and rolling-stock in N:

42xx

Castle

Class 22

Hawksworth Coaches

(I would say 57xx pannier tank, but given this is in the Bachmann range I would think this is perhaps a potential Farish release.)

From your archive, I would love to see a re-run of your Ivatt 2MT with upgrades such as spoked wheels. The same goes for most of your other Tank engines come to think of it.

Thinking out of the box, I would love you to be the first manufacturer to produce a ready-to-run British outlined 009 locomotive. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, maybe an England loco (Prince, Palmerston) from the Ffestiniog, or perhaps one of the Tal-y-llyn locos just to see how well it sells.

Just a note for those wanting Polybulk wagons in either N or OO, these are in the current Bachmann catalogue (though I doubt they are due until the end of this year at the earliest) so I'm pretty sure they'll arrive in the Farish range at some point.

A rerelease of say the M7 (in LSWR livery) and the 14xx with see through wheels..

Also perhaps some coaches to go with the 3/4, an articulated set perhaps (silver jubilee coaches to.go with Silver Link?)

Id like to see some of the OO range duplicated as well.

A GWR steam railmotor in N would be lovely...and a big yes for up to date versions of the Castle and King

Lastly (big pipe dream) one of the LNER's P2s or Hush Hush..

In N the one i would like most would be a Gresley 02 2-8-0. Unlikely, but I can dream. I'd echo calls for an N2 or even P2 in N. And whilst thinking of a P2, how about any of the other new builds such as a Brighton Atlantic or G5? On a more realistic level, I'd like to see a Gresley A1 and how about bodies/tenders being made available seperatley?

Alan

• RMweb Premium

I'd just like TF, TS, TGS and buffet Mk3s to complete my Executive livery HST set - it looks odd running round with just two coaches. All that's been released are Mk3s where the roof and grey body sides don't match those supplied in the Exec HST book set and Mk3As that do match the colours but have buffers.

For new stuff:

FFA/FGA freightliner flats

KFA (with Greater Manchester binliner containers)

Class 59 (/0 and /1)

Mk2s (but suspect we might get these from Farish).

Turbots

Class 142 in GMPTE orange with early doors

Class 142 in early provincial blue

I'd also like a rake of Mk1 CCTs but would prefer them to be from Farish so the paint finish will match their forthcoming GUVs.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Dave,

These all in N gauge for me but I fell others would be interested in these for other gauges too.

First re-release the weathered Unigate silver milk tankers in N - superb models which I'm sure you can sell quite a few more of for little additional developments costs.

North British working semaphores.

Thompson coaches

Since you've addressed two big needs in N gauge this year (working semaphores and working magnetic couplings) how about addressing another obvious gap -distinct lack of common tank loco classes. Atso has produced a pretty comprehensive list of LNER tank locos in post 154. I'd add LMS types Fowler, Stanier, Fairburn to these. After all you can amortice the CAD/development cosus across three scales now.

Cheers

Dave

All N gauge for me please Dave.

Mk2 coaches

Class 50

Class 59

Class 27

Class 87

Mk3 pullman named coaches (TF with Buffers)

Executive livery Mk3 coaches for HST

But not all at once please, I'm still waiting for the lottery win!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

There are a lot of great suggestions for rolling stock here, a lot of which I would go along with, but, as Dave is asking for suggestions for new product lines, I'm going to go for "something completely different".

Dapol have shown in the past that they are willing to go where other manufactueres fear to tread (e.g. catenary masts and RTP working signals), so please Dave, can we have some proper finescale 00 track? (i.e. not rebadged H0) :-)

Something along the lines of SMPs flexitrack would be great, with say a couple of points of about 3 feet radius, a diamond crossing and maybe a Y point. Slips, 3-way points, curved points and other exotica to be left until later of course.

Pretty please Dave. :-)

I'll put a further wish with Larry and Mike in for the L and Y "A" class 0-6-0, nice engine and got around a bit in later years.

Waggon wise a Timber P is high on my wish list, this has the aded value in that it was made out of redundant tube? waggon underframes so the same chassis could be used to produce said waggon as well!

As for Chards suggestion of a Highland Baby Sulzer dont bother please, I'm already into a conversion of a Bachman 24 using the Brassmasters add ons - which is tantamout to saying you will aready have one on the stocks anyway!!

And an industrial small 0-4-0 Peckett / Barclay / Hunslet, whatever, just do it.

A 4mm industrial, preferrably steam outline, and from a 'common' manufacturer, Peckett/Bagnall which will allow a producer a good run of livery variations, detail differences and longevity of prototype.

0-4-0 RSH/Peckett saddle tank in 4mm please :)

• RMweb Gold

N Gauge for me

More 6 wheeled milk tankers for the late 60's, early 70s.

Clay wagons with flat tarps for pre 1973 (I think) and an inter changable raised hood for post that date

Any one of class 116 to Class 120 DMU's in Green or Blue liveries.

Finally my last item may be a out there, but bottled co-ordination to help me with my modelling skills. One 5mm tea spoon and P4 becomes a doddle :D

All for OO.....

One big gap seems to be 1 first generation 25kV EMU. A class 309 might be a good first foray......lots of liveries, ran in a couple of different areas, and some versions can be released as a 2-car set. The first two points also apply to the 304/305/308 family as well.

Another gap seems to be steam era freight wagons with longer chassis. Obvious ones include BR standard 21/24t Minerals, 21/24t Hoppers, Pipes, Tubes and Plates.

Also, a vote for the LMS/BR standard version of the 5-plank High with corrugated ends, but without Shock gear. Maybe also an all-wood version, which I don't think we've had in super-detail Fitted form.

A Suburban first generation DMU is also another big gap.

Where do you start so many products so little money to make and buy them

However for n gauge:

Southern N or U Mogul

BR Mk1 4 Wheel CCT (the Lima ones sell on ebay for £8.00 updwards)

Hawksworth full break

Turntable kit as an alternative to the peco one

GWR Fruit D

Southern non gangway suburban coach stock (I appreciate the fine stuff from etched pixels but would love rtr stuff)

Beaver tail observation coach

I would repeat my comment on the A3/A4 launch surely appropriate coaches for Silver Link are a must.

Graham

Hi Dave,

I too would love to see a high-density DMU in 'OO' to go with all the hydraulics! Classes 115-122, including the Crosscountry sets would be a vast gap in the market to fill. My layout is based in the Oxford area, and my only options for the several class 117/120/121 models i require are scratchbuilding or paying well over the odds for an ancient Lima model. Your efforts would i am sure be rewarded by strong sales from fustrated modellers like me needing some suburban sets.

Thanks for the opportunity to add my thoughts. If only all manufacturers were as open to opinion.

Another for a good steam industrial in OO: what was the most common type in the UK? I haven't a clue! Something well smaller than the J94, four or six coupled and outside cylindered (or if possible a type that came with inside and outside cylinders to customer requirement and also perhaps with different tank styles giving you the chance to wring as many variations as possible out of a basic platform. With your small mech expertise nicely demonstrated I think you could do well on this.

Unless Bachmann announce them, the LMS/BR standard 12T vans and general merchandise opens were only some of the commonest wagons on the steam era railway and into the blue diesel period. Might be good bread and butter sales to be had?

Obvious opportunities for 'carving out a niche of your own' in an under or unexploited market sector.

GER subjects : little engines, tram locos, six wheel coaches, gorgeous pre group livery, late survivals into BR. Nothing RTR in OO

NER subjects: includes the real S&D! Where railways began: and in BR ran the last pre-group locos in service to the end of steam.

LNWR subjects: mind bogglingly, the biggest pre-group company and not a single RTR model.

Scotland. A real biggie, you can almost take your pick...

• RMweb Gold

Well, the following in N would be nice!

Southern U class 2-6-0

Southern Lord Nelson 4-6-0

Southern Schools Class 4-4-0

Southern S15 4-6-0

GWR 5204 class 2-8-0

Class 205 Hampshire Unit.

Edit: Class 33!

I'd also like to see development of a loco drive mechanism for N gauge Steam. Although the tender drives used at the moment are adequate, I think this would be another step towards improved running quality in N gauge.

Oh yes, and black wheels! ;)

Tom.

I second the requests for DMUs, preferably classes 116/7/8 or/and 120, also long wheelbase wagons. The lack of a modern standard 21T hopper is astounding !

Thanks for the opportunity to air our wants Dapol Dave !

PS I model in OO.

Archived