Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

• RMweb Premium

Based on what is missing from my collection and therefore what I would be likely to actually buy:

Class 117 (or 116 / 118) dmmu in green "whiskers", green syp, blue white roof, blue fye, b/g and remembering that the green ones were non-gangwayed when new.

Class 120 dmmu in same liveries

HST TGS in GWT Merlin (the one vehicle Hornby never produced for that set)

Those would fill the gaping holes. A class 122 bubblecar would be a nice touch as well and again in the liveries noted.

And for myself all in 00 although I'm sure the N-gauge mob would welcome these just as readily.

Some great ideas so far so i thought i would add my thoughts.All OO guage.

I like the idea of an inspection saloon suitable for the 1970-1980s time.

How about a proper breakdown crane or some departmental coaches.Some of those in use in the 1970s would make excellent models and most model railways can justify departmental coaches.

If not them, then how about a reasonably priced class 101 DMU, or others like 104, 110, 117 etc etc but possibly wait to see what Bachmann do this year.

cheers

Guest Max Stafford

Carflats would get a vote from me, although the sheer amount of variety in the breed(s) would mean that a generic 'blob' really would not suffice, so we'd be looking at a couple of ex-MkI lengths, side vs end-loading options, and a mix of Big Four underframes. A real minefield I guess, but there'd be several willing researchers on here! But here are mine, as Dave asked so playfully:

1. Highland Baby Sulzer in OO, followed by the definitive Class 25 (there's a business plan in there, you see).
  2. Gloucester Class 100 DMU.
  3. R-T-P NB signals (or kit form for that matter).
  4. Reid D30 Scott 4-4-0.
  5. BR Standard CCT

Everything that bloke said Dave, and maybe a Caley Jumbo or 812 as well!

Dave.

Bit of dangerous invite there Dave, obviously you're short of some light reading, so here goes.

N Gauge

KFA Container flat

PFA 2 axle Coal Container Flat

PAA/PAB

PAA (BSTE series)

PRA China Clay

VEA

Spot the Speedlink theme here?

Mk2 d/e/f Coaches and The rest of the Mk3 coaches

Howzat?

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I'll agree with those who asked for a class 116: I'd like them as they were when introduced, green with whiskers on the front, and non-gangwayed. I'm sure there are people who would like them in later condition and liveries too.

But equally I'd like some Collett non-gangwayed coaches (BS, S and C for a five-car set); the ones that were replaced by the class 116 units when they came out.

All in OO for me; but I'm sure there are those who'd like them in N also.

Hi Dave, thanks for the invite to throw ideas at you, seems to have got some constructive thinking going!

SIMPLE(ish) STUFF Some ideas for adaptations of existing models

N gauge bubble car in Chiltern Railways blue with silver stripe.

N gauge Ivatt 2-6-2 chassis available without body for scratch-building.

N gauge GWR/WR autocoach, later version.

THINKING OUT LOUD WISHLISTERY Not necessarily good commercial ideas, rather things I would buy

OO industrial, if anything would tempt me into making a 4mm scale micro layout, it would be a little Peckett 0-4-0ST.

N gauge Mark II carriages, in Vintage Trains choc & cream.

T gauge British Prototypes.. not sure what, just sure that Dapol would do it really well!

Will keep pondering, I'm sure there is something I'd gladly pester politely for, but have forgotten.

All the best with your upcoming projects.. I'll be sure to buy at least a couple of them.

Guest eddie reffin

In N Gauge:

Mk3 RFM- already announced

Class 92

Decent Class 90

Pendolino

156 in First Scotrail and Saltire liveries

JNA Falcons

Freightliner Pocket wagons (I forget the code!)

Mk3 Sleepers

Mk2 Aircons including BUO and RLO

Finally, the remaining OHLE equipment.

Anyone guess which part of the country I model!!

Cheers

Eddie

Just call me selfish ....

All N Gauge!!

North British Class 41 - D600s

North British Class 22

Ruston & Hornsby PWM65x (preferably PWM651)

Ruston & Hornsby 07

and picking up on a chance(?) comment at Warley regarding N Gauge sound .......

... how about a sound Class 52. (May have to shoot SWMBO - never mind, could use a new patio.)

Mark II coaches a - d

Class 117 dmu

.... and any of the goods vehicles which I've put off building because someone will announce them two weeks after I've started!

WR 15xx 0-6-0PT

GWR (ex-Port Talbot Railway) 0-6-0ST EDIT: (like 813?)

GWR Toplight coaches

GWR Inspection saloon

May I second these request?

GW Steam Railmotor in 4mm

The GWR railmotor, Churchward toplight coaches (oh and a Star while we're at it) are my perennial 'wishing on star' (such a terrible pun) wishlist.

As for something that I think Dapol could do and please as many people as possible, (and as much as the Railmotor would be fabulous) I'd still endorse a 0-4-0ST.

Contaminating this thread with an OT reference to the annual poll, I hope the GWR steam railmotor will again appear in the poll. It's numbers are climbing steadily, and now that people see how fabulous it looks fully restored, I am hoping will climb some more, particularly now that those perennial pole sitters (42xx and 72xx) can be retired for a while.

Small Shunters! We've all seen what you can do with the sentinel and BWT so definite room to expand there. I second (seventh? Eigth?) the call for a class 07 but don't forget the smaller 4 wheeled variety, rather neglected in the modern arena. If you wanted to go for steam then the Southern and Eastern regions are cryng out for something to modern standards a la the Jinty/57xx.

Also since you've already got all the research info for the class 121 what about a bigger brother in oo gauge? Or the ultimate challenge, an n-gauge sentinel ;) I'll get my coat.

Hi Everyone,

A Trans-Pennine 124 DMU would be great

Mk II coaches , non air con ones would be nice but since the Farish Mk Is and the Dapol Mk IIIs are so good an upgrade is due now.

60's/70s Freightliners, properly detailed with provision for buffered and non buffered variants (Maybe make the wagons available seperately so you can compile your own rakes and choose the containers by era.

Concentrate on mainstream locos, particularly if the existing Farish model is sub-standard.

Short shanked versions of the marvellous easy shunt couplings please!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Peter

Seeing that Dapol have done such an excellent job on the Kernow BWT's, ( I have three ), i would love to see Dapol do the following, all in OO gauge, 1930s' S.R. livery :

Adams 0415 Radial

A12 Jubillee

700 Black Motor

Ex LSWR Pull-Push sets, ( as used on the Meon Valley line and elsewhere )

Ex LSWR Brake vans

Keep up the good work, and all the best for a successful 2012

Cheers,

Chris

Finally got to the end page..they were filling up as I was trying to read them..

Something that I would be most interested in that is 268 miles away from my 00 Padstow:

London Underground stock in N. Don't worry about the 4 rail track yet.

Several versions of 1930's 50's and modern tube stock.

Opens up a can of worms?

Hi Dave,

Since you asked, something in z might be nice. How about an early DMU to get things rolling?

I know there is almost no market for z scale in the UK, but that might be due to a lack of RTR equipment, and I'd buy one, so you only need to find a couple of thousand like minded folk to make it worthwhile.

Could it also be possible to make it to 1:220 to keep to the same scale as the track, or would that rule out any possibilities for steam era models?

Andy

The FFA / FGA original Freightliner flats please - relatively simple to do and so desired by many many modellers - and Dapol have already proven that they can do a quality job with containers flats.....................

Available in a box of 5 = 2 x FGA (outer with buffers) & 3 x FFA (inner w/out buffers) - these wagons ran in rake of 5 as a rule

Hi Dave,

All in N Gauge please.

Please Please, don't drop the pendolino we need about 4-6 of them for our layout.

the 319 or 323 would be a welcome addition. Also the 3 axle STVA car carriers that i think Electrotren produce in HO.

The Warwells and Warflats would also be good. and plenty of Network Rail wagons especially the newer tilt deck wagons that they carry pre built point work on.

And if it was possible an A4 Dominion of New Zealand (first choice) / Bittern (second choice) with the double tender.

cant think of anything else at the moment so....

Regards

Alistair

Archived