Southampton Model Railway Exhibition 2012

Adam

I see it's that time of year again (a plug for what is usually an excellent show - usual disclaimer)

SOUTHAMPTON MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2012

28 and 29 January 2012

Held at:

BARTON PEVERIL COLLEGE

CHESTNUT AVENUE, EASTLEIGH, SO50 5ZA

Full details can be found here: http://www.smrs.hampshire.org.uk/events/exhibition.htm

Will be there on the Sunday I think.

Adam

Godfrey. if you are involved with the exhibition, may I ask if anything has been done about requiring layouts to have their own suitable lighting arrangements, particularly for that dingy sports hall ?

I must make a mental note to myself ...... :nono: "keep away from the book stall" (I usually end up spending a fortune with Mr Robertson :O ).

• RMweb Gold

SHMRC are there with Westcliff (EM) and Stoke by Nayland (P4) (late entry to replace another), we will also be running two demonstration stands. Both layouts have very good light rigs and are both (we think) in the the very dark theatre near the main hall.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Ah Ron, I don't think its ever possible to avoid Mr Robertson's stand and certainly I always seem to find books I really do need to have! I am not involved in the running of the Southampton Show, though it is my local, it is always of a very high standard and I always make an effort to attend. I was just responsible for ensuring that when we built the sports hall it had sufficient electricity points around the wall for it to be used as a venue for model railway exhibitions. I remember that the lighting spec was that required by the Badminton Association. I do go to lots of exhibitions and I often come away inspired by the layouts but depressed by the tatty surroundings. Despite the recent investment in school building there is still so much that needs to be done. I said I was biased!

Godfrey

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there with Khan, flying the flag for narrow gauge modelling (and overseas modelling too), so please drop by and say hello.

I am really looking forward to seeing Gresley Beat again.

Julian

• RMweb Premium

Very good day out , well organised with some cracking layouts , not a bad one among them . Gresley Beat is

certainly an impressive and well built layout and one I hope to see again somewhere .

Bumped into eldavo and PhilH and had a short chat , could'nt remember who from this forum was

on which layout though so could'nt say hello .

And I DID spend to much . :sorry:

• RMweb Gold
Westcliff (lovely scenery though not much operation when I was near it)

Strange as a sometimes operator on Westcliff things are normally running all the time (I was not there today)

Dave

Guest Belgian

I will be on Swaynton.

I am hoping that my Airfix 76 will behave itself this time.

Say hello. It looks like there will be lots of RM Webbers there.

Very impressed with Swaynton - it brings back happy memories of my younger self.

Cheers

Jeremy English

Archived